Your Least Favorite Madonna Album

Voguerista

48 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Back at ya! And Thank you so much!!!! :hug:And I know what you (and others) mean on Madame X. I loved it at first but, over time, it's not holding as a favorite of mine. Also, it's time for a rest and a new chapter (please please please Madonna :pray::pray:)

Thanks to everyone replying. Loving all of your fascinating replies so far!!! :hug::jamming:

Oh yeah, you and most every fan is looking forward to another album.  We've been for years now.  LOL!  And I hated mentioning MX because I do really like it, but it's just not drawn me back in a long while.  I think I'm ready for a dance album again.  But I wouldn't mind some ballads too.  And I know you love this guy, I'm hoping since she worked with Stuart on the tour, they will work again on an album. But of course, I don't expect them to match the same success of Confessions, but I'm sure the two can still punch out some bangers.  :fire:

15 minutes ago, Rocco Comelon said:

But for those who are saying it’s MDNA or Madame X, clean your ears out 

nicki-minaj-ears.gif 

LOL!!  While I was one of the ones who listed MX, the truth is I still love it.  It's just not on the same level of the albums before it.  It's still a great album.  I tend to love all her albums when it comes down to it, but MX is the one I'm feeling  a lot less lately. :)

22 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I'm surprised by how many people aren't that fond of Like a Virgin, considering it's always been one of my favorites. In fact (feel free to laugh), Stay is my second all-time favorite Madonna song, only topped by Get Together.

I love "Stay".  It's such a bop on that album.   I like it better than the title track.

4 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I love "Stay".  It's such a bop on that album.   I like it better than the title track.

I think LAV is a good track, but I’ve never been a fan of her vocals on the original recording. I’ve always preferred the live versions, where her voice sounds more mature, especially on the Confessions Tour.

38 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I'm surprised by how many people aren't that fond of Like a Virgin, considering it's always been one of my favorites. In fact (feel free to laugh), Stay is my second all-time favorite Madonna song, only topped by Get Together.

14 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Ditto Guys! I love Stay!!!!

10 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I think LAV is a good track, but I’ve never been a fan of her vocals on the original recording. I’ve always preferred the live versions, where her voice sounds more mature, especially on the Confessions Tour.

DITTO. And I love these LIVE performances too....

Honestly I adore ALL her albums in different ways as a 90s kid I feel I get personal affection to everything from true blue- Madame X as those albums were played when I was a kid True Blue/Like a Prayer/I'm Breathless(the first Madonna album I ever heard!) immaculate collection/bedtime stories/something to remember and Ray of Light (erotics wasn't in the household until I bought my own cd collection when confessions was released) 

For me I tend to play her debut and like a virgin the least ....I don't relate to them as much ....but I do live them! 

For me Evita I can't ever play or listen to like....it's so dour sadly 

Artpop

Joanne 

MDNA what a piece of trash (well maybe it just needs a remaster, the unfinished demo style isn’t a good thing at all, my favorite songs are the deluxe version but that voice in love spent or im a sinner is ☠️☠️☠️

I don’t understand the hate for the rest of her albums, I guess im in the lucky bunch as I truly loved RH and truly liked MX. 

Im open for her padam  or Jessie ware era, not everything has to be so serious and challenging all the time. Let’s have some fun Madge. 

Also seeing fans bash her recent albums is always sad to see because they defined my late teens into late 20s Hard Candy - madame x.....rebel heart and Madame X deserve their flowers not many at 60 would be so out there 

She could've just had dancey house beats to each single to sell both albums but no she went all out and I'm thankful of that and they work so well

6 minutes ago, Josh Pinder said:

Also seeing fans bash her recent albums is always sad to see because they defined my late teens into late 20s Hard Candy - madame x.....rebel heart and Madame X deserve their flowers not many at 60 would be so out there 

She could've just had dancey house beats to each single to sell both albums but no she went all out and I'm thankful of that and they work so well

I love and adore every one of those albums, you have a great taste mate ❤️

6 hours ago, godonna said:

And judging an album by its singles is stupid to me! By this logic, I'm Breathless would be one of her best albums because Vogue is on it. 

I'm judging the album tracks because it's a conscious decision to lean on the 5 strong tracks they already believed in as future singles, and then half ass the rest. 45% half assed album = bad album.

5 great songs doesn't make a great album if there are also 4 mid/bad ones.

But it has 7 AMAZING songs, 1 o.k song and one bad song. That's a pretty good album to me. That most of the good songs are singles is because there are only 9 songs on the album. Your logic really doesn't make sense 😅... I don't judge an album just based on it's singles, i look at an album as a whole and True Blue is definitely one of her best, definitely top 5. Many albums in the 80s had only 9 to 11 songs, so much of those songs where singles, duh.

3 hours ago, ErickInTheZone said:

Im shocked people are saying, True Blue, Like a Prayer or even Like a virgin. 3 of the most iconic albums of the 80s and definitely in the upper half of best albums, with some even top 3.

6 hours ago, missberic said:

This is the type of thread where no one really cares what we write lol but here we go.

Top 5 least favorite M albums:

• #5 True Blue: if the debut album is 80's pop perfection, this is 80's pop on cocaine. Don't get me wrong, half of the songs are truly great, but overall it's on the verge of being so corny and silly that it gets bad. The last two songs just taint the whole album.
  • #4 Like a Prayer: it's just waaay too overrated. I honestly think the album has no cohesiveness whatsoever. The grand public view it as a very edgy M album, but It goes from powerful tracks like LAP and EY to Sesame Street songs like TDDUP and DJ. Spanish Eyes is one of the least Madonna-esk songs ever. 
  • #3 Like a Virgin: one of her weakest albums imo. It has like 3 really good songs, 3 really awful songs and 3 really vanilla songs. Thank God the international version includes ITG to improve it a bit.
  • #2 Madame X: I don't hate it, but I don't connect with it. Don't know what she was trying to get across.
  • #1 Rebel Heart: yeah, this is pure trash to me. A mess. Noisy. Embarrassing. Reductive. I literally just listen to two tracks that I truly love, Body Shop and - feel free to laugh - Auto-Tune Baby.

I may be purposefully leaving MDNA out just to trash fan favorites :smokey:

Ok we need to ban this member guys  :Madonna026:

EDITED: anyway I ADORE MADAME X, even if I acknoweledge it's got its flaws, when she went too experimental (God control, Dark Ballet) she finished to make unbearable messes imo, also ruining a pretty solid writing like DB, but the rest is among the best I got by her in a decade or more (IDSIF, Killers, Batuksa, CRAVE, Extreme Occident, Ciao Bella ... at least). Rebel Heart is cahotic and very badly produced, yet full of pretty solid songs. The Avicii session was simply fire, she should have stayed with that and simply add a few more, like LFL, Joan of Arc, Hold Tight, Inside out, Unapologetic bitch. These two records got the real Madonna touch back after a long time, she really put work and dedication in these projects, differently than what done with HC and MDNA. That's maybe why I still love them, they made me listen to her again :heart:

The album I basically never got back to (and I mean in years) are MDNA, Hard Candy, Confessions (excellent work but I never enjoyed disco music, sorry), Like a virgin (iconic singles, but overall I think it lacks the freshness and spontainity of the first one). 

The album I hate and can't even consider really her own's is Hard Candy (... except Candy shop of course, with its infectious beat, bitchy attitude and nonsense lyrics).

3 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Hard Candy (aged like milk), MDNA (need a proper master, too loud) and Rebel Heart (the demos are light years better) 

Madame X is not thaaat bad, but it is totally forgettable. I only like Medellin, lol. 

Hard Candy feels very current, The pharrel productions are pretty timeless and Timbaland stuff is back in fashion

Rebel Heart is her worse album with MDNA, both are more collections of songs or demos madonna sang once in studio

11 minutes ago, littlestartman said:

Hard Candy feels very current, The pharrel productions are pretty timeless and Timbaland stuff is back in fashion

Rebel Heart is her worse album with MDNA, both are more collections of songs or demos madonna sang once in studio

Yes it’s an amazing album 

Mdna yes. RH no.