Queen of making great albums, Katy Perry: “Madonna is the Greatest…Every Female Needs To Say ‘Thank You’ To Her”

Tudors

madonna-katy.jpg

With a new world tour mounting and her latest album, ‘143,’ storming music shelves, Katy Perry has been quite the busy bee as she pounds the promotional pavement in support of both projects.

Months before the global jaunt kicks off in Australia, however, the Pop diva was spotted Down Under as she prepares to headline this weekend’s AFL Grand Final in Melbourne.

Most recently taking to the city’s local news program, ‘The Project,‘ Perry waxed honest about the Grand Final, her new album, tour, and more.

When quizzed on “inspiring the next generation of singers,” the ‘Roar‘ songstress gave a big shout out to her idol: Queen of Pop Madonna.

Hear her touching words inside.

Having not to long ago left ‘American Idol‘ as a judge to talented hopefuls, Perry is no stranger to mentoring the next generation of musical hitmakers.

As it relates to stars like Sabrina Carpenter, Chappell Roan, and the rest of today’s chart-toppers, Katy says she doesn’t hesitate to help them navigate the challenges of fame.

“When I see them and when we path cross, we talk about it. I do reach out to them; I think their journey is more unique than what I went through in 2008 when I started. Social media wasn’t there and there wasn’t 8 billion voices speaking all at once. There was still a lot to see and hear and protect yourself from, but I think you have to really depend on your tools even more so these days,” she said. “So, I tell all the girlies that ‘I’m here, I got you.'”

As far as who that guiding light was for her in the infancy of her career, Perry pointed to the Pop Queen as who helped put her on the map.

“Madonna was really nice to me,” she started before relaying, “She actually shouted out my song [in the noughties] and that was really the beginning of my career. That’s what started to break me.”

The praise session didn’t stop there.

“She’s the greatest. She paved the way. Every person, when you talk about me reaching out to younger artists, every female still needs to continue to say ‘thank you’ to her cause she is breaking down barriers. I’m 40, I still get to do music because of Madonna,” Katy said.

Perry’s statement comes just months after rumors swirled the two Pop divas were set to drop a duet for the ‘143’ album.

The song never happened, however you can thank Katy for saying that by listening to her new dance anthems album

10 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I hate how she's using Madonna's name to get headlines

Im sorry, you might have mistaken genuine and actually grateful miss Katy Perry for the spoiled Express Yourself cover artist once known as Lady Gaga, aka the one who called herself revolutionary while rehearsing Madonna's career step by step and making up stories and PR stunts about her after suddenly denying her influence on her constant identity thief. Our brain plays tricks with us sometimes!

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I love how you can see she actually cares about M and always reminds everyone of her impact and influence on herself as an artist and the others overall, no matter what. There arent many being as loyal and grateful to her as Katy tbh

It's because Madonna was an OG fan of Katy before I Kissed a Girl. I remember her during Hard Candy talking about Ur So Gay. That is such a great song too that doesnt get the praise it deserves!

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's because Madonna was an OG fan of Katy before I Kissed a Girl. I remember her during Hard Candy talking about Ur So Gay. That is such a great song too that doesnt get the praise it deserves!

Yep. Ur So Gay at the time was barely a buzz single with no album ready to go so she really checked up with interest a newer artist

To think M is erroneously depicted as an envious evil witch while she actually checks up and hypes up artists even before they get into the spotlight >>>>>