!!POP EMERGENCY!! Madonna in the Studio With Stuart Price

Rainbow

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So you liked Material Gworl?

It’s just a little collaboration, not an album. Do you like all the latest “duets” Kylie did and put on the new Tension? The one with Tove Lo or whatever her name is is shit and she doesn’t even sounds like herself on it. The Sia one is not great either. 
BTW lots of fans think the new songs are Eurovision lever so let’s not take Kylie as the next best thing 😅

18 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It’s just a little collaboration, not an album. Do you like all the latest “duets” Kylie did and put on the new Tension? The one with Tove Lo or whatever her name is is shit and she doesn’t even sounds like herself on it. The Sia one is not great either. 
BTW lots of fans think the new songs are Eurovision lever so let’s not take Kylie as the next best thing 😅

Well… Kylie aside, how many Madonna fans felt her last 4 albums have been amongst her greatest? What the fans think/want does matter. I mean, look at how wonderful the Celebration tour was for all the fans. What is the harm doing an album people will like? You can’t seriously believe Madonna makes music just for herself?

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Nobody? Speak for yourself and the people stuck in 2005 😂

I’m speaking for myself didn’t you read my post? 

According to the latest amazing poll someone recently posted, the last four albums inside the Madonna Infinity community are generally disliked… 

I didn’t say it, but it is the general consensus I’m just referring to the data obtained in that study

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Nobody? Speak for yourself and the people stuck in 2005 😂

Well if she wants to keep making albums the majority of her fans don’t enjoy that much and that flop she’s free to do that. Shes the artist after all. I’d rather she do something to her 1983-2008 standard personally. And I’m clearly not alone there.

I like her latest albums (especially the ballads in Rebel Heart) but to pretend this material isnt subpar to her standards is honestly silly. Even a well thought concept like Madame X had a messy and questionable execution at the end and thats "Madonna's bravest and most heartfelt project since ROL", which is cute on paper but a complete unpolished mess in your ears lol

Just now, Andreo said:

I like her latest albums (especially the ballads in Rebel Heart) but to pretend this material isnt subpar to her standards is honestly silly. Even a well thought concept like Madame X had a messy and questionable execution at the end and thats "Madonna's bravest and most heartfelt project since ROL", which is cute on paper but a complete unpolished mess in your ears lol

100% agree with every word you just said 

8 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Anyway at the end of the day she will do whatever she wants, like she always did. You will deal with it or move on. 

She wants to make the dance album with Stuart Price that her fans have been begging for by the looks of it. Stage 2 of a career revival.

5 minutes ago, Alfalfa_HampusFL said:

Kylie is not really giving her fans what they want... if she asked them.. most would want a new Stock, Aitken and Waterman sounding album.... Kylie might be making mainstream pop/dance... which I quite enjoy... but being a mainstream pop artist is not the same as making what people want...

What makes you think Kylie fans want a SAW sounding album? That would be awful.

37 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She wants to make the dance album with Stuart Price that her fans have been begging for by the looks of it. Stage 2 of a career revival.

I worshipped RH and truly loved MX

But yes right now I want that fun dance album to keep the career revival going strong!!! 

Celebration Tour did wonders in her public persona around the world ♥️

Some longer thoughts on this topic for anyone interested:

I think if Madonna herself shared more about her creative output over the last twelve years her fanbase would be able to contextualize it more. I don’t mean press junket-style publicity-driven interviews, but more of a fully committed desire for openness, self-reflection and honesty. She has been so intellectually withholding for so long…I think the W.E. interviews were the last time that she truly gave any sense of the warmth and confident self-awareness that were always intrinsic to the discovery and appreciation of her work through the first two decades of her career. Madonna hasn’t really seemed human since then. There have been moments, but for the most part she has chosen to portray herself as a caricature, and I have found this alienating, or at least distancing. Even in her moments of candor on the Celebration Tour she seemed to go from an initial vulnerability to that abrasive extreme within her that makes her less likely to be embraced and understood. She is and always has been a masochist first and foremost.

Most people who are drawn to the arts are empathetic. When we have the opportunity to relate to an artist’s vulnerability we can share a sense of compassion and understanding, thus creating a synergistic experience. Without this, the music falls flat, which is why empty exercises in gay boy pandering like Vulgar and Material Gworl failed to live up to their intended expectations. Everything about Madonna’s public life trajectory in recent years has been a fiercely determined attempt to make her seem as impervious to reality as possible.

The greatest moments on Madame X came when she expressed confusion, vulnerability, introspection and self-exploration. Her injuries and illness have surely had a substantial impact on her personally, but whether or not she is able to use these experiences creatively remains to be seen. There were moments in the retelling of her story on Celebration that expressed this side of Madonna with effective theatricality, but we have yet to see just how much of her humanity will be channeled into her work going forth. The persistent focus on luxury, fashion, youth, and sex may arguably be Madonna’s modern brand, but it isn’t a bankable one, and it doesn’t appeal to her core audience. I’d liken it to a parallel world in which she retraced herself back to 1995 and decided to favor the Chelsea Boy circuit queens over the East Village post-Beatniks, and Ray Of Light never happened. 😂

The complexity of Madonna’s fame and life path are indeed so enormous that I wonder if at this stage any diversion into a specific direction alters the appearance of the entire journey to such a degree that this just exhausts her.  In contrast, Kylie Minogue is smart enough to consistently bring it back to center with a mostly superficial lyrical outlook on life and love, but as a public persona she is always comfortable being vulnerable, appearing accessible and engaging. While I consider Madonna and Kylie quite different in too many ways to describe, I think that Madonna has so consistently wavered from her own creative center post-Confessions that there’s now little sense of there being an artistic identity. At this stage it’s always about her meteoric rise and the legend she has become, rather than the experience of being human, perhaps because she doesn’t think anyone is interested in what being a 66 year-old woman with all of her experience has to say from behind the mask? This might be why it’s so easy for people to categorize her as an 80s (and for some a 90s) artist despite her having remained hugely successful well beyond those decades…and yes, she may not have been setting the charts on fire for the past fifteen years, but she has been far more successful than the vast majority of her peers and then some.

I suspect many fans are cynical about her capacity to create heart-centric music at this point in her career, but I know I truly want her to prove everyone wrong. She could do so much, and I implore her bougie gay creative clique to bring out the best in her! Make her aware of what she is capable of! The playwrights, the choreographers, the dancers…They all create with such beauty and truth. May this inspire her and direct her going forth!