Christopher Ciccone has passed away

Redha DBL

Christopher did indeed have an extraordinary talent, and was such an integral part of Madonna’s life. Relationships are so terribly complex in ways that only those involved can understand. Where many of us were weaponized against him due to the notion of betrayal that his book was perceived as, we can also now take solace in Madonna’s words of transcendence. The way she addressed the trajectory of their sibling dynamics is like balm to an old collective wound we experienced indirectly. Such a poignant, wise and intelligent summation of the journey to the ultimate redemption of love. 

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

Madonna just posted this on IG:

"My brother Christopher is gone.
He was the closest human to me for so long
Its hard to explain our bond
But it grew out of an understanding that we were different and society was going to give us a hard time for not following the status quo.
We took each other‘s hands and we danced through the madness of our childhood
In fact dance was a kind of superglue that held us together.
Discovering Dance in our small Midwestern town saved me and then my brother came along, and it saved him too
My ballet Teacher, also named Christopher- created a safe space for my brother to be Gay.
a word that was not spoken or even whispered where we lived.
When I finally got the courage to go to New York to become a Dancer.
My brother followed.
And again we took each other’s hands, and we danced through the madness of New York City!
We devoured Art and Music And Film like hungry animals
we were in the epicenter of all of these things exploding.
We danced through the madness of the AIDS epidemic.
We went to funerals and we cried, and we went dancing. We danced together on stage in the beginning of my career and eventually, he became my the Creative. Director, of many tours. When it came to good taste, my brother was the Pope, and you had to kiss the ring to get his blessing.
We defied the Roman Catholic Church,
The Police, the Moral Majority and all Authority figures that got in the way of Artistic freedom!
My brother was right by my side.
He was a painter a poet and a visionary.
I admired him. He had impeccable taste. And a sharp tongue, Which he sometimes used against me but I always forgave him.
We soared the highest heights together
And floundered in the lowest lows.
Somehow, we always found each other again and We held hands and we kept dancing.
The last few years have not been easy
We did not speak for sometime but
When my brother got sick. We found our way back to each other.
I did my best to keep him alive as long as possible.
He was in so much pain towards the end
Once again, we held hands We closed our eyes and we danced.Together.
I’m glad he’s not suffering anymore.
There will never be anyone like him.
I know he’s dancing somewhere."

20 minutes ago, proxy said:

Very sad, I hope Madonna will be alright, I know she's strong, but her heart must be broken :cry:

17 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

One of the most beautiful and lovely tributes Madonna has ever written. My heart goes out to them all! 

Yes so touching, but like you both and what others have post, let's hope Madonna can remain strong during this time.  This is far more important than anything else right now.  :luv:

14 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

Please stop spamming for likes.

@ChrisKand @RUADJAI is there a rule for posting these pics Madonna posted? I'm aware not everyone is able to access Instagram, and I thought I'd post them here, so others can see them. Please tell me if this is prohibited and I'll never post images she posted at IG again. Thanks! :)

Randomly remembering him make fun of Madonnas surgery. One interviewer was asking him why why he picked the photo he did of Madonna for his book. She said Madonna would not like that. He did an evil smile and said wellllllll maybe the doctor shouldn't have pulled so tight? If one of my adult siblings ever said something like that about me especially publicly that would be the end of the relationship. Madonna is so forgiving

Just now, Adonna said:

@ChrisKand @RUADJAI is there a rule for posting these pics Madonna posted? I'm aware not everyone is able to access Instagram, and I thought I'd post them here like, so others can see them. Please tell me if this is prohibited and I'll never post images she posted at IG again. Thanks! :)

Why not post them as one post instead of so many?

I am so grateful to only have the tiniest opening into her life. This is beyond tragic. Her words were beautiful. When she talks about Forgiveness is something I can learn from (we all could really). It warms my heart they were together during probably the scariest moment in his life. I can’t wait to meet him and everyone else that has inspired me in this life when we move onto the next — whatever that is. RIP