Madonna To Announce Something About “Bedtime Stories”!

drivebitch

18 minutes ago, DoneGone said:

Let's hope this is the case and it was upgraded from a simple RSD Black Friday vinyl release to a wide release on every format!

It may have been worked on as an EP for RSD, but they found they could turn it into a deluxe edition of the album and that’s why it has been taken off the RSD list. I’m only throwing ideas around. 

8 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

It may have been worked on as an EP for RSD, but they found they could turn it into a deluxe edition of the album and that’s why it has been taken off the RSD list. I’m only throwing ideas around. 

I would adore that idea, obviously.

But I think if we're being realistic that 8-track (initially) RSD Black Vinyl upgraded to a wide general release on CD, vinyl and digital release would be more likely. Vinyls should be ready anyway and CD and digital take less time.

Or watch us getting nothing at all xd As usual.

23 minutes ago, DoneGone said:

I would adore that idea, obviously.

But I think if we're being realistic that 8-track (initially) RSD Black Vinyl upgraded to a wide general release on CD, vinyl and digital release would be more likely. Vinyls should be ready anyway and CD and digital take less time.

Or watch us getting nothing at all xd As usual.

Hopefully it won’t be long until we’re put out of our misery! 

1 hour ago, Susan Thomas said:

I don't get why some are so sure she's gonna announce the thing today or tomorrow. For me it can happen in 15 days too, I mean, she posted on the 25th as it was the anniversary date and it was the right moment to hint "we're gonna celebrate this with a surprise", but knowing how they work ... no hurry at all :lol:

They need to strike while the irons hot! 

7 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

They need to strike while the irons hot! 

What irons? Ours? Are you saying that if she will announce the release in a few weeks or so we won't be excited the same? This is not for general public, I really think she can do it when she's ready to. I'm just saying I'm not expecting anything necessarily in a few days or weeks.

14 minutes ago, Susan Thomas said:

What irons? Ours? Are you saying that if she will announce the release in a few weeks or so we won't be excited the same? This is not for general public, I really think she can do it when she's ready to. I'm just saying I'm not expecting anything necessarily in a few days or weeks.

I wouldn’t be so sure. It’s nice to think that M would put these sets together “just for the fans”, but at the same time, Warner Bros and Rhino records will want to make a profit from these releases, so will be aimed at the general public along with the hardcores. Hence the Marketing campaign, starting with M’s teaser. I’ll be surprised if nothing is announced this week. 

3 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. It’s nice to think that M would put these sets together “just for the fans”, but at the same time, Warner Bros and Rhino records will want to make a profit from these releases, so will be aimed at the general public along with the hardcores. Hence the Marketing campaign, starting with M’s teaser. I’ll be surprised if nothing is announced this week. 

I agree. M's Facebook is the one updated directly by Johann, if I'm correct. Maybe that's why the "Something's coming over" teaser was posted there.

I don't think they would have post anything if an announcement wasn't imminent. Plus, if it involves physicals and preorders, there's not much time left for a late November/early December release date. It's either now or nothing at all in 2024 then.

13 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Just had a thought, something will be released digitally - they clearly made a decision to 'cancel' the DAD digital re issue - which I presume is or was to make way for this - (although they could have released it last week as we are now into the second week lol).

I hardly think one has to do with the other. At all. If it was all happening the same week, sure I can see that. But I don’t believe they are worried about a 20 year old single’s potential 5k streams overshadowing anything else. I find it absolutely hilarious and downright weird how some in here apparently only listen to one song a week. Like if they happen to release two things at once it will cause so much confusion amongst Madonna’s fans their heads will pop. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Just had a thought, something will be released digitally - they clearly made a decision to 'cancel' the DAD digital re issue - which I presume is or was to make way for this - (although they could have released it last week as we are now into the second week lol).

I have a feeling DAD could have been pulled at the last minute due to Christopher’s passing. If I was M, I don’t think I would want a song referencing “death” being reissued the same time as my brothers passing. It seems in bad taste. Just my opinion of course. 

19 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I have a feeling DAD could have been pulled at the last minute due to Christopher’s passing. If I was M, I don’t think I would want a song referencing “death” being reissued the same time as my brothers passing. It seems in bad taste. Just my opinion of course. 

Yea this is true also!

I think we'll be getting Bedtime Stories in the version she originally intended. With this Paolo Roversi cover and this song order:

A

1. Human Nature

2. I'd Rather Be Your Lover (feat. 2Pac)

3. Secret

4. Don't Stop

5. Survival

6. Take A Bow

B

1. Forbidden Love

2. Inside Of Me

3. Love Tried To Welcome Me

4. Sanctuary

5. Bedtime Story

paolo roversi cover.png

I don't know if I should trust Madonna again, since many big announcements in the past didn't turn out to be what was expected. Anyway, I'll put my trust in her once again. I just hope that this "announcement" has something to do specifically with her music, such as a re-release of the album including some demos or a Dolby Atmos version, and not just an announcement to finally sell some product like black glasses that cover almost your entire face, some anti-wrinkle creams, books on self-acceptance, or some line of clothing exclusively in black, etc.

There may be fans who believe that buying everything Madonna sells or following the musical careers of some of her children makes them bigger fans than others. I don't think the same. My fanaticism for Madonna is exclusively for her and her music (from 1983 onwards) and I have little interest in anything that is considered external to it and that doesn't mean that I am any less of a Madonna fan even if extremist fans think otherwise.

I think the tease was meant to be posted on all her social media (ie Instagram too) but was cancelled last minute due to her graveyard pics, and they forgot about Facebook. There's no other logical reason they'd only post on Facebook.

So I'd say we're way off an announcement. First she has to post the tease on Instagram and build some hype. No one knows this happened outside of hardcore stans.

2 minutes ago, godonna said:

I think the tease was meant to be posted on all her social media (ie Instagram too) but was cancelled last minute due to her graveyard pics, and they forgot about Facebook. There's no other logical reason they'd only post on Facebook.

So I'd say we're way off an announcement. First she has to post the tease on Instagram and build some hype. No one knows this happened outside of hardcore stans.

It was also posted on X - it was just insta that didn't - I'd say that when they announce the actual release it'll be on insta also.