Jimmy Fallon performance on June 9

MLVC123

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. It should have been faster. The drum fills should have been there. (one of the best parts of that song) Maybe someone can speed up the video hahaha. 

It was cute but I dont realy like how this song sounds with the key so lowered to match her mature voice. Its too low on top of the slow arrangement. But it was great to stay up and watch a new Madonna moment.  :heart:  :heart: thank god :kissy:

But I love it because she sang with low key and slow.

I think that's the point. As I said before I don't feel any emotion when she sing with very high key. for example, Masterpiece and miles away.

I mean these song has such a beautiful melody but she sing it too much high tone so I don't get any emotion from that song.

But I still getting emotional when I heard original album version of Live to tell.

And I love soooooooooooooooo much Rebel Heart.

Because she sing with low key.

So she has one more album with Live nation right?

I hope that she release new album as soon as possible

(something very acoustic album I hope that she release all remake songs. something like send me in crown.

famous movie songs, and Broadway musical numbers gonna be great. And 80's ballad songs. for example eternal flame by bangles and for good from musical wicked)

And then make a new mega deal with Big Record company then came back as Huge!!!! I mean Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Please no. That's a type of album for has been. You know that a carreer has ended when the artist has to make some duets album or remakes songs to sell some copies

So she has one more album with Live nation right?

I hope that she release new album as soon as possible

(something very acoustic album I hope that she release all remake songs. something like send me in crown. famous movie songs, and Broadway musical numbers gonna be great. And 80's ballad songs. for example eternal flame by bangles)

And then make a new mega deal with Big Record company then came back as Huge!!!! I mean Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Please no. That's a type of album for has been. You know that a carreer has ended when the artist has to make some duets album or remakes songs to sell some copies

I'd have to agree. Original music only. She's still too young & has too much more to offer.

Over on the Datalounge, all the gay men are hating on her performance and saying that she "sounded awful as usual".The thread title is "Madonna still can't sing".

Do you care about what a bunch of twats have to say? The performance felt more like a personal favour to both Jimmy (higher ratings having Obama that night as well) and Madonna herself (meeting the President she supported from the beginning). It's not like she was supporting a new album... and whatever she does the mass will always question her because they can't ignore her. At the end of the day, fans should be happy since singing old songs on TV is almost like a novelty from her.

Don't misunderstand me, I absolutely loved the performance, the attitude and this acoustic direction M is taking, but I still feel that the tempo was neither fast nor slow, something strange in between.

For instance I really like the Flaming Lips slow version:

As for the new album, of course I'd love to hear acoustic rendition of her old songs (definitely better than GHV3), but I agree that a cover album is something everybody does and she shouldn't do Broadway, she would be massacred... New songs, that's what we pray for!

This isn't about her voice but more about the music arrangements but say what you will about the RH set-list for me and was surpised at how much the classics had this fresh sound like what 30 years later. I was totally feeling Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Holiday. Usually for me staples and big hits I like but are never my favorite songs - which is why I wouldn't like a greatest hits tour she has basically been doing that every time...that moment when Holiday breaks into this new breakdown.  :lord:

Archived