Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I'm not confusing anything.

And I think you've got wrong information:

"Cher's 'Believe' (Dec 1998) was the first commercial recording to feature the audible side-effects of Antares Auto-tune software used as a deliberate creative effect.

(...)

In February 1999, (...) the producers of this recording were apparently so keen to maintain their 'trade secret' process that they were willing to attribute the effect to the (then) recently-released Digitech Talker vocoder pedal."

as quoted from http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb99/articles/tracks661.htm

Regardless of the name for what Cher used, one thing is doing something ovbious for creative effect using any of the available tools and another thing is using those tools in a subtle way to smooth out problems with vocals, which is what's done constantly these days and what was done on MDNA.

Yes, you're confusing two very different approaches. But if for you art is the process of filtering reality aka fakery, then who am I to tell you otherwise? that's fair enough. even then, I stil think it's pretty lazy to leave ugly avoidable artifacts when you're trying to make it more "beautiful". It's like those magazines with the models that accidentally have no belly button.

I read that since the Super Deluxe Edition has a running time of over 100 minutes the RIAA will count it as a double album meaning that for each download or purchase will mean 2. But I'm wondering if having the 13:21 of 2 remixes will count as the running time because even with it, it's just over 100 minutes. If this is the case, does it have anything to do with why Queen and Autotune Baby were cut? Would the Live Nation contract be over then?

No idea, but it doesn't matter for the charts.  Neilsen Soundscan counts a single sale (scan) for each CD, regardless of the number of discs.  RIAA does count double albums based on length for purposes of certifications, but no one really focuses on that any more vs. actual sales.

I think Autotune Baby was cut to give Germany a promo exclusive.  No idea about Queen, but I hope it doesn't end up on an unobtainable exclusive like Icon Legacy gift.  :suffer:  :cry:  She might have decided the lyrics were too ambiguous and didn't want people to be saying her time was over just yet.  Or there's always that Candle in the Wind theory for some big event in the future.  I guess it wasn't the right time for it to come out.

No idea, but it doesn't matter for the charts. Neilsen Soundscan counts a single sale (scan) for each CD, regardless of the number of discs. RIAA does count double albums based on length for purposes of certifications, but no one really focuses on that any more vs. actual sales.I think Autotune Baby was cut to give Germany a promo exclusive. No idea about Queen, but I hope it doesn't end up on an unobtainable exclusive like Icon Legacy gift. :suffer::cry: She might have decided the lyrics were too ambiguous and didn't want people to be saying her time was over just yet. Or there's always that Candle in the Wind theory for some big event in the future. I guess it wasn't the right time for it to come out.

Lucky that I'm a Lifetime Legacy member then. 😈Songs like Take A Bow and The Power of Good-Bye have a long conspiracy theory history of being about Madonna's end and yet we still have them. Maybe she'll shock us and perform it on tour.

WoW i played the super deluxe today and the cd is so good and the sound amazing , but still think Some song are over produced and to much beat in it ,but its oke My fav are :Living for love â¤ï¸Devils prayJoan of arc â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸Unapologetic bitchGosstown â¤ï¸Hold tight â¤ï¸Inside out â¤ï¸Borrowed timeBody shopBest nightMessiahRebel heart Heartbreak city Addicted Gravity heart â¤ï¸Beautiful scar