Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I was just thinking today how probably Emily was the one doing all those questionable edits already on the "Celebration" compilation...

She likes to do her own edits. We saw it later on "Finally Enough Love" (more reconstructed edits) and the "American Life Mixshow" RSD EP.

Luckily for us she got better at it with time.

The edit of Keep it Together on FEL gave me the ick

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I was just thinking today how probably Emily was the one doing all those questionable edits already on the "Celebration" compilation...

She likes to do her own edits. We saw it later on "Finally Enough Love" (more reconstructed edits) and the "American Life Mixshow" RSD EP.

Luckily for us she got better at it with time.

nails-family-guy.gif.6027927e87566e2c87e83410724db1e5.gifblank-stare-elijahpetty.gif.29c1e387babff3c3d1e76ec9670628c9.gif

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

What’s alternate about it? Slightly butchered like everything else on that hot mess?

Noooo actually "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" are two of the few good things coming from "Celebration". For some reason they sound GOOD. Both were alternate "Immaculate" Q-Sound mixes. Quite similar to the final ones used on "The Immaculate Collection" but with better structure, in my opinion.

Plus the "Celebration" remastering those didn't destroy them, it helped. I'd dare to say "Lucky Star" has never sound better like in "Celebration" (which it's something considering that compilation). Maybe cause they used original unmastered files or something, since they were alternate mixes, who knows. For the rest I think they just used the final already mastered album versions, etc. and just applied EQ filters and s**t to them.

EMILY I'M TALKING TO YOU.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Noooo actually "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" are two of the few good things coming from "Celebration". For some reason they sound GOOD. Both were alternate "Immaculate" Q-Sound mixes. Quite similar to the final ones used on "The Immaculate Collection" but with better structure, in my opinion.

Plus the "Celebration" remastered in those didn't destroy them, it helped. Maybe cause they used original unmastered files or something, since they were alternate mixes, who knows.

What is the structural change on that? I only noticed Lucky Star was different 

Plus the "Celebration" remastering those didn't destroy them, it helped. I'd dare to say "Lucky Star" has never sound better like in "Celebration" (which it's something considering that compilation). Maybe cause they used original unmastered files or something, since they were alternate mixes, who knows. For the rest I think they just used the final already mastered album versions, etc. and just applied EQ filters and s**t to them.

EMILY I'M TALKING TO YOU.

Remember when they released Celebration they did a whole before and after on Into the Groove to show how much better the “remastering” made it sound :laughing:

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

What is the structural change on that? I only noticed Lucky Star was different 

"Lucky Star" on "Celebration" is closer in structure to the original single/7''/video mix as fas as I remember.

"Borderline" too.

Both on "The Immaculate Collection" were actually a little botched and you could tell the cuts... never like those two on "TIC" honestly and don't mind that much that they were changed for the Extended "New" Mix and the album version on the digital album.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Lucky Star" on "Celebration" is closer in structure to the original single/7''/video mix as fas as I remember.

"Borderline" too.

Both on "The Immaculate Collection" were actually a little botched and you could tell the cuts... never like those two on "TIC" honestly and don't mind that much that they were changed for the Extended "New" Mix and the album version on the digital album.

So Emily’s been around since 1990 then

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Who do we think he is? Rocco?

No xd Originally just madonna.com webmaster turned into all Madonna things digital head turned into creative director for her latest physical projects ("Finally Enough Love" or "AL Mixshow" included).

That's why everything clicked this morning: Emily was behind the edits on "Celebration"!!! Make sense. He'd been already there for years and was part of her inner team anyway.

No xd Originally just madonna.com webmaster turned into all Madonna things digital head turned into creative director for her latest physical projects ("Finally Enough Love" or "AL Mixshow" included).

That's why everything clicked this morning: Emily was behind the edits on "Celebration"!!! Make sense. He'd been already there for years and was part of her inner team anyway.

Who? What’s his name? The FEL and AL Mixshow covers had creative direction?

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Oh wasn’t he the fan club manager or something?

I only remember the webmaster thing but probably was fan club manager before that, yes?

Honestly I like that she keeps the same people around for DECADES. That's loyalty.

But they could also do with some new fresh blood and ideas between them.

4 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Johann Delebarre. He ran ICON, and is the webmaster of madonna.com + social media.

But I think people put the blame on him when it comes to errors and problems with streaming and remastering, when he's most likely not the one to be blamed.

Mmm. A lot of people work for her. And then there’s the people at Rhino. Could be anyone doing these things or a range of people.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Mmm. A lot of people work for her. And then there’s the people at Rhino. Could be anyone doing these things or a range of people.

Yeah, jokes aside, I think if Madonna trusts the same person to run a website/fan club AND digitally re-edit music she probably would never have become a global superstar.  Those are two totally different skill sets for a professional job.