Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Fun fact: many of the rushed edits on celebration were done because of the immaculate versions being changed for "Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish" and others I think, and that's why the edits or versions for these songs have errors proving the tracklist legitimacy 

There also were 2 edits for celebration: a 2009 edit and a 2010 edit I think

2009 is a lyric mess up at the end, and the 2010 one is the one we have on newer pressings and the one I think we have on digital

1 minute ago, clkelley39 said:

I downloaded the FLAC of the 7" version from Qobuz and the waveform is EXACTLY like the 7" version from the Japanese CD Single Box. So they must have used the same source for streaming that they did the box. They're both the same tempo, too, which is SLIGHTLY faster than the album version. The album version I compared them to is the Japanese Forever Young remaster. 

(I did the same for the extended version and Supernatural, and they are both identical to the versions of the LAP 30th Anniversary Edition.)

3 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I downloaded the FLAC of the 7" version from Qobuz and the waveform is EXACTLY like the 7" version from the Japanese CD Single Box. So they must have used the same source for streaming that they did the box. 

(I did the same for the extended version and Supernatural, and they are both identical to the versions of the LAP 30th Anniversary Edition.)

I also checked both audios with my European mini (3") cd single and it's also the same. Though the mini cd and the digital are 99% identical and on my test the japanese audio (from the CD Singles Collection) is slightly louder.

Update: The Extended Version and Supernatural are also identical with the mini cd. Supernatural is slightly louder on the Japanese cd from the box set. I also want to add even if the Japanese CD is slightly louder to this box set, the waveform is pretty identical with those two (if you turn down the volume it matches, but some peaks have been cut out).

31 minutes ago, Harrdust said:

I also checked both audios with my European mini cd single and it's also the same. Though the mini cd and the digital are 99% identical and on my test the japanese audio (from the CD Singles Collection) is slightly louder.

Update: The Extended Version and Supernatural are also identical with the mini cd. Supernatural is slightly louder on the Japanese cd from the box set. I also want to add even if the Japanese CD is slightly louder to this box set the waveform is pretty identical with those two (if you turn down the volume it matches, but some peaks have been cut out).

Keep in mind that the Japanese CDs in the box set were mastered in 1996 to ensure all 40 singles have a consistent sound.

On 7/31/2024 at 7:00 AM, Karma said:

So here's whats left. Is there anything missing?

Causing A Commotion (8/25)  Single Mix, Silver Screen Mix, Movie House Mix, Dub?

True Blue (9/10) Remix/Edit, the Color Mix, instrumental?

You Must Love Me (10/21) Single version, orchestral version

Die Another Day (10/22) ton of remixes

Oh Father (10/24) 7" edit, Live to Tell (Live Edit from Ciao Italia)

Like A Virgin (10/31) LP version, extended

Open Your Heart (11/19) 7" remix, extended, dub

Crazy For You (3/2) LP version

Live To Tell (3/26) LP Version, edit, Instrumental

Dress You Up (7/24) LP version, 12" formal mix, remix/edit, casual instrumental mix

Holiday (9/7) LP version, Edit

Since they surprised us with the You Can Dance Single Edits promo, I'd love to have the Thunderpuss GHV2 Megamix (and I'm Going To Tell You A Secret) on streaming.

I'm gonna speculate about some of these tracklists for the singles.... 

Like A Virgin (2024 Remaster) 

1. Like A Virgin - 2024 Remaster

2. Stay - 2024 Remaster

3. Like A Virgin (Extended Dance Remix) - 2024 Remaster 

Some I speculated before and I will copy paste these later 

Holiday (2024 Remaster) or not? 

1.Holiday - 2024 Remaster

2. I Know It - 2024 Remaster 

3. Holiday (7" Version) - 2024 Remaster 

Or rinse and repeat from Finally enough love for the 7" Version 

True Blue 

1. True Blue - Edit 

2. True Blue - Remix / Edit

3. True Blue - The Color Mix

4. True Blue - Instrumental 

Open Your Heart 

1. Open Your Heart 

2. Open Your Heart - 7" Remix

3. Open Your Heart - Extended Version 

4. Open Your Heart - Dub

I will do others later

4 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Also remember: the singles we are getting this month all start with c and on September the next confirmed single with T so that means that CT (Confessions Tour) s getting rereleased on October! 

Imagine it was true..a delusional level of truth

This sounds like swiftie talk lol

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I'm gonna speculate about some of these tracklists for the singles.... 

Like A Virgin (2024 Remaster) 

1. Like A Virgin - 2024 Remaster

2. Stay - 2024 Remaster

3. Like A Virgin (Extended Dance Remix) - 2024 Remaster 

Some I speculated before and I will copy paste these later 

Holiday (2024 Remaster) or not? 

1.Holiday - 2024 Remaster

2. I Know It - 2024 Remaster 

3. Holiday (7" Version) - 2024 Remaster 

Or rinse and repeat from Finally enough love for the 7" Version 

True Blue 

1. True Blue - Edit 

2. True Blue - Remix / Edit

3. True Blue - The Color Mix

4. True Blue - Instrumental 

Open Your Heart 

1. Open Your Heart 

2. Open Your Heart - 7" Remix

3. Open Your Heart - Extended Version 

4. Open Your Heart - Dub

I will do others later

WHERE ARE THE EXPANDED ALBUMSSSSSSS THEY SAY 2025 WHEN EVERY ALBUM IS AT WARNER?!!!!

23 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

I am loving this 7" Version. It's almost unnoticeable that it's an edit. A much cleaner way to shave off a minute than the Immaculate/Celebration mixes.

For me, the best 7'' versions are those that enhance the album versions, such as Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, and Open Your Heart. However, when it comes to shortening a song, the edit of Cherish is perfect because it trims the song without disrupting its structure and removes the parts that feel repetitive in the album version. There are other great edits of Madonna's songs, but I believe that if Cherish isn't the best, it certainly ranks in the top 3.