Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

12 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

It's just I didn't believe they did the kind of edit point I did at the time. There is no interest in using just half a second so I thought there might be a longer unreleased version of the Movie House Edit somewhere.

The real Movie House Edit being left in the vault or working room by that Silver Screen imposter and finding it's way in:

58 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But it's a good idea. I seriously doubt they will do it, but if they were clever, they could release the promo singles along with some  edits that haven't been released yet, using them as a way to entice fans to buy.

Dream too..imagine a Impressive Instant CD and digital single! 

In love 

4 hours ago, lennyleonard said:

Also hoping to get nice and clean versions of those!

They have uploaded tracks from the German Yellow CD Singles in the past (or at least from the same masters)...

oh, I hope not! One of the nice things about the True Blue 35 was a decent, new transfer of the Open Your Heart dub!

4 hours ago, lennyleonard said:

Also hoping to get nice and clean versions of those!

They have uploaded tracks from the German Yellow CD Singles in the past (or at least from the same masters)...

What did they upload from the yellow cd singles? I can’t think of anything from that source

21 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

What did they upload from the yellow cd singles? I can’t think of anything from that source

I think you commented back then that you were worries about this single not having the silver screen single mix and the mixes being sourced from a yellow CD if the True Blue 35 anniversary mixes were sourced from it (at least it's believed Open Your Heart, la Isla Bonita between others maybe are taken from yellow CD masters and compressed without touching the EQ)

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

From what I remember now, OYH Extended from the TB 35th Edition, and if I'm not mistaken, ITG from the Angel single (at least, it matches in speed, don't know about EQ, because the file that I have from the Yellow Single was EQ'd), and Material Girl was also sourced from that

Can someone upload the CAC mixes taken from the best source available?

@Aiwa08 you did some amazing improvement to the Burning Up - 12" Version from the Yellow CD single. Would it be possible to do the same with the mixes that were only available on the yellow CD release of CAC?

3 hours ago, MPowered said:

Can someone upload the CAC mixes taken from the best source available?

@Aiwa08 you did some amazing improvement to the Burning Up - 12" Version from the Yellow CD single. Would it be possible to do the same with the mixes that were only available on the yellow CD release of CAC?

I did that with the 23 yellow CDs and uploaded them here (using the japanese box as EQ source). Now I guess I can't upload it because the EP comes out in two days.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I did that with the 23 yellow CDs and uploaded them here (using the japanese box as EQ source). Now I guess I can't upload it because the EP comes out in two days.

Maybe as a temporary link before the EP comes out? :cry: I also wouldn't mind a link via PM. :eyes: :heart:

50 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

One question: Theoretically I have a copy of 'Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit)' from a TM Century disc. Is it not the real one?

I think it's been confirmed as a very good vinyl rip, just like the version I have that I downloaded years ago. It's surprising that we cannot get our hands on a digital transfer of this and the OYH remix, when we have basicallly everything else now. The cursed mixes :devil:

15 minutes ago, luckystar908 said:

I think it's been confirmed as a very good vinyl rip, just like the version I have that I downloaded years ago. It's surprising that we cannot get our hands on a digital transfer of this and the OYH remix, when we have basicallly everything else now. The cursed mixes :devil:

So the cursed mixes would be:

• Borderline (It's That Girl Remix Edit) Available only on It's That Girl cassette.
  • Burning Up (Original Album Version) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Over And Over (Dub) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Remix) Available only on vinyl and on It's Thar Girl cassette.
  • Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) Available only on vinyl.
  • Die Another Day (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) Available only on vinyl-

Any more?

14 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I think you commented back then that you were worries about this single not having the silver screen single mix and the mixes being sourced from a yellow CD if the True Blue 35 anniversary mixes were sourced from it (at least it's believed Open Your Heart, la Isla Bonita between others maybe are taken from yellow CD masters and compressed without touching the EQ)

Haha I might have been concerned about the movie house mix and the dub being sourced from those CDs back when they just started the campaign. 
And that’s a completely false rumor. We have no reason to believe any mixes on TB35 are from these yellow CDs.

If it helps, Warner/Rhino usually never uses CDs/CD-rips as reference for their digital streaming releases, so if some of the tracks match the Yellow CDs is probably cause they used the same original masters they have?

I know some singles in this campaign matched some promo label CD-Rs from around 2000-2001, but those were probably burned with those original master files, again.