Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

13 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

If they’re included in any promotion, even if it's In-House, they still count for me. However, I find it extremely unlikely that they will be part of any release—maybe in an expanded edition.

New list:

• Everybody (Rusty Egan 12'' Version) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 7'' Version) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 12'' Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 7'' Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Borderline (It's That Girl Remix Edit) Available only on It's That Girl cassette.
  • Burning Up (Original Album Version) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Over And Over (Dub) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Remix) Available only on vinyl and on It's Thar Girl cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Straight Pass) Available only on In-House cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Straight Pass #2) Available only on In-House cassette.
  • Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) Available only on vinyl.
  • Vogue (Sheps on the fly Dub)
  • Justify My Love (The English Mix)
  • Rescue Me (Lifeboat Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Houseboat Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Disaster Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Fever (Back to The Dub 1)  Available only on vinyl (UK promo 12")
  • Buenos Aires (TV) Available only on cassette
  • Buenos Aires (Acapella)  Available only on cassette
  • Nothing Really Matters (Vikram Cybercut) Available only on vinyl (US promo)
  • Die Another Day (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) Available only on vinyl.

Can someone explain to me what Straight Pass means in the process of creating a song?  I've seen those a lot when it comes to demo versions but never known what it means.  It's a standardized term right?

5 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Can someone explain to me what Straight Pass means in the process of creating a song?  I've seen those a lot when it comes to demo versions but never known what it means.  It's a standardized term right?

According to ChatGPT:

in the context of a song demo, 'straight pass' generally refers to a version that has been passed through directly without significant modifications from an earlier stage in the production process. This can imply that the demo is a near-complete or final version of the song, with minimal edits or major adjustments. In some cases, 'straight pass' may also refer to a recording or mix that hasn't been altered with additional effects or adjustments that would normally be made in later or final versions. In summary, it is a version that keeps the original material as intact as possible.

Therefore, I assume that OYH (Straight Pass) is simply the full album version (including the ending without fade) with the new remix elements added, without altering anything else.

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

According to ChatGPT:

in the context of a song demo, 'straight pass' generally refers to a version that has been passed through directly without significant modifications from an earlier stage in the production process. This can imply that the demo is a near-complete or final version of the song, with minimal edits or major adjustments. In some cases, 'straight pass' may also refer to a recording or mix that hasn't been altered with additional effects or adjustments that would normally be made in later or final versions. In summary, it is a version that keeps the original material as intact as possible.

Therefore, I assume that OYH (Straight Pass) is simply the full album version (including the ending without fade) with the new remix elements added, without altering anything else.

Thank you!  I tried to google it but didn't get an actual explanation.

17 minutes ago, deathproof said:

First I knew about these straight pass versions of OYH

(searches for a download link)

ODItMzc2OC5qcGVn.jpeg

A side 01 - Open Your Heart (12") 10:36

A side 02 - Open Your Heart (Straight Pass #2) 4:52

A side 03 - Open Your Heart (Straight Pass) 4:45

B side 01 - Open Your Heart (Dub) 6:26

The 7'' remix is just the Straight Pass (or Straight Pass #2; I can’t remember right now) with an early fade-out.

13 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Thanks @club78boy.

This is the new cursed mixes list: 

• Everybody (Rusty Egan 12'' Version) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 7'' Version) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 12'' Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 7'' Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Borderline (It's That Girl Remix Edit) Available only on It's That Girl cassette.
  • Burning Up (Original Album Version) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Over And Over (Dub) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Remix) Available only on vinyl and on It's Thar Girl cassette.
  • Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Lifeboat Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Houseboat Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Disaster Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Fever (Back to The Dub 1)  Available only on vinyl (UK promo 12")
  • Buenos Aires (TV) Available only on cassette
  • Buenos Aires (Acapella)  Available only on cassette
  • Nothing Really Matters (Vikram Cybercut) Available only on vinyl (US promo)
  • Die Another Day (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) Available only on vinyl.

Any more?

Now I'm a little bit lost. Borderline (It's that girl remix edit) is the same 3:58 remix edit issued in the USA promo 7"  7-29354 or something different?

1 minute ago, Nowheretohide said:

Now I'm a little bit lost. Borderline (It's that girl remix edit) is the same 3:58 remix edit issued in the USA promo 7"  7-29354 or something different?

It's a unique remix edit (actually an edit of the 12'' US remix), only available on the It's That Girl cassette.

48 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But that's just two or three remix edits, so it's a minor thing, right?

It’s sadly a few more 😅

46 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Okay so what singles are left to be added to streaming?

39 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

I'm clueless... Somebody else knows???

Check the pinned post!

7 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No, the regular 7'' Remix is not an edit of the US remix.

The regular 7" Remix is the version without the high hats, right? Maybe "Album Edit" would have been a better title for it.... But I guess they didn't think 40 years ago we'd still be here banging our heads against the wall!!

Just now, Bjonkers said:

The regular 7" Remix is the version without the high hats, right? Maybe "Album Edit" would have been a better title for it.... But I guess they didn't think 40 years ago we'd still be here banging our heads against the wall!!

The 7'' remix is neither an edit of the album version nor of the US remix. It's a remix specifically for the 7''

5 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The 7'' remix is neither an edit of the album version nor of the US remix. It's a remix specifically for the 7''

Ok.

Summarizing...

Borderline LP version

Borderline US Remix

Borderline 7'' remix

Borderline 7 edit of LP version (on Japan CD single/7")

Borderline US remix edit from It's that girl...

1 minute ago, Nowheretohide said:

Ok.

Summarizing...

Borderline LP version

Borderline US Remix

Borderline 7'' remix

Borderline 7 edit of LP version (on Japan CD single/7")

Borderline US remix edit from It's that girl...

No, the Borderline from the Japanese CD-Singles Box is the regular 7'' Remix:

• Borderline LP version
  • Borderline US Remix
  • Borderline 7'' remix (Available on CD on the Japanese Box)
  • Borderline US remix edit from It's that girl...

23 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

It’s a remix, done by Jellybean for the single release and was also used in the video. There IS an album edit as well which is an edit of the album version with the hi hats. I can’t remember which release/s that was included on.

The US remix/New remix/12” remix, also done by Jellybean is noticeably different to the 7” remix as it features cow bells, different vocal effects among other things. The ‘It’s That Girl’ version is an edit of that.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

It’s a remix, done by Jellybean for the single release and was also used in the video. There IS an album edit as well which is an edit of the album version with the hi hats. I can’t remember which release/s that was included on.

The US remix/New remix/12” remix, also done by Jellybean is noticeably different to the 7” remix as it features cow bells in the chorus among other things. The ‘It’s That Girl’ version is an edit of that.

Borderline - LP Version

Borderline - US Remix 6:56 (12")

Borderline - Dub 5:44 (12") also known as Instrumental

Borderline - Edit 3:58 (most 7" releases) same as the Video Version, an entirely new mix dine for the 7"

Borderline - Remix 3:56 (Promo Only) from the "It's That Girl" promo cassette, reconstructed

Borderline - Fade 3:59 (Brazil 7", BR 18.084)

Just now, Blue Jean said:

God help if a bunch of Madonna fanatics ever meet Emily in a bar. She will be lectured for hours on end.

I was just thinking today how probably Emily was the one doing all those questionable edits already on the "Celebration" compilation...

She likes to do her own edits. We saw it later on "Finally Enough Love" (more reconstructed edits) and the "American Life Mixshow" RSD EP.

Luckily for us she got better at it with time.