MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

These three:

July 2019. Honestly one of her best gifts ever, 100% free.

I'm not convinced she agreed to him sharing these :)  but i don't think she was really able to argue about it either.   after all it was his work too and once it was uploaded that's it.. it's gone..

3 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I'm not convinced she agreed to him sharing these :)  but i don't think she was really able to argue about it either.   after all it was his work too and once it was uploaded that's it.. it's gone..

Of course she agreed to it, I think it was commented and pretty much confirmed back then but can't remember the full details now.

Leonard never shared any unreleased snippet before and he was quite active on Instagram for years, and then BAM, a completely full unreleased demo on YouTube. Surely she gave her blessing to that.

On 6/22/2024 at 8:44 PM, Donna said:

But that shows that a majority of her fans prefer physical copies. You can't fault that because many of us grew up on Vinyls, CDs and Cassettes.  It's only easy for certain artists to gain huge amounts of streams, if the fan base is among a generation who is used to only digital and streaming content.  Sorry to say, but you can't change that as much as you wish. Madonna is an older artist, so of course her fan base is dominated by older people who prefer the physical concept.  It doesn't mean we don't accept the digital/streaming formats. It just means we prefer something more tangible.  You also have to remember radio still plays a huge part in how one charts.  It still takes more streaming to chart than a radio play and physical sales.  The more people who requested her on radio or bought her albums, the better chance she'd chart better which what this all comes down to. Madonna makes more money from endorsement or physical sales not radio/streaming.

Regarding Madonna albums, she's still outselling a lot of popular acts when it comes to physical sales. She would have had a number one album for Rebel Heart if it was based on her physical sales.

I don't disagree that more fans should stream her albums, but let's look at the fact when someone like Lady Gaga comes along, how Madonna fans get irate that Gaga's fans were able to generate more streams than Madonna or sales tactic, when most Madonna fans don't feel like they need to do that to show their support for Madonna.  In many cases, if you ask fans to continually stream Madonna to get more counts, they see it as the same as how you might see how Lady Gaga fans are putting the album on repeat to up her streams.

So are you gonna fault Madonna fans for just being true to how they want to support her, or you going to ask them to purposely do something that doesn't represent who her fans are and who she is?  My take is if she's still physically outselling some of the most popular artist in physical sales than she's #1 in my book.

At the end of the day, I rather enjoy Madonna from my Vinyl or CD than streaming any day. Once again, Madonna makes more money from endorsements or physical sales than radio/streaming.

I want to say that boutique streaming labels specializing in niche releases are actually going really strong.  There is one area of physical video media that is growing, which is 4k Ultra HD blu-ray.  It seems like a similar scenario to vinyl in the music industry - it's making money specifically because releases are marketed to collectors.  And these labels are growing and releasing higher profile films.

There's also the fact that streaming services are not actually that profitable.  Paramount+ is desperately trying to merge with another company because they lost $490 million dollars just in the last three months of 2023.  Warner Brothers and their MAX streaming service has famously been pulling tons of content to save money and to decrease their massive amount of debt they took on from the merger with Discovery.  Streaming platforms are continuously adding advertising based tiers and increasing prices because they lose money.  Amazon doesn't give a lot of insight into the profitability of Prime Video but it's widely thought of to be a loss leader that keeps people locked into a Prime Subscription and keeps people locked in to shopping via the store.  Basically in a nutshell, streaming platforms will continue to get more expensive and worse.  Collectors know this and are keeping physical media alive, but only when it comes to niche releases that are released in high quality.  I imagine Madonna concert videos could absolutely capitalize on this trend.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/4k-blu-ray-collectors-market-140000292.html

38 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I want to say that boutique streaming labels specializing in niche releases are actually going really strong.  There is one area of physical video media that is growing, which is 4k Ultra HD blu-ray.  It seems like a similar scenario to vinyl in the music industry - it's making money specifically because releases are marketed to collectors.  And these labels are growing and releasing higher profile films.

There's also the fact that streaming services are not actually that profitable.  Paramount+ is desperately trying to merge with another company because they lost $490 million dollars just in the last three months of 2023.  Warner Brothers and their MAX streaming service has famously been pulling tons of content to save money and to decrease their massive amount of debt they took on from the merger with Discovery.  Streaming platforms are continuously adding advertising based tiers and increasing prices because they lose money.  Amazon doesn't give a lot of insight into the profitability of Prime Video but it's widely thought of to be a loss leader that keeps people locked into a Prime Subscription and keeps people locked in to shopping via the store.  Basically in a nutshell, streaming platforms will continue to get more expensive and worse.  Collectors know this and are keeping physical media alive, but only when it comes to niche releases that are released in high quality.  I imagine Madonna concert videos could absolutely capitalize on this trend.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/4k-blu-ray-collectors-market-140000292.html

Wow! Thanks for this.  While I sorta knew this, but you definitely put it in perspective with your post.  Just another reason why I will always stick to buying physical copies of my favorite music and films.  I've yet to pay for any streaming service like Netflix, Hulu or Spotify. Never will intend to either.  I can get most of my listening pleasure from youtube and the free Spotify service.

The more streaming video platforms that die the better. 
I’m hoping we’ll have a Spotify for film in the next ten years. Eventually these platforms will want revenue anyway they can. It’s wild to me you can buy any film off iTunes or Prime. What are they waiting for? The audience will be dead soon. 

22 hours ago, steady75 said:

The more streaming video platforms that die the better. 
I’m hoping we’ll have a Spotify for film in the next ten years. Eventually these platforms will want revenue anyway they can. It’s wild to me you can buy any film off iTunes or Prime. What are they waiting for? The audience will be dead soon. 

Unfortunately, it's true. Why do we have to wait for so long? In 30 years from now, probally almost all of us and Madonna will be dead and mostly of the new generation and the new ones to come will not care about her legacy. We should celebrate her legacy while she and we're alive. The Celebration Tour was a very good example about that. Madonna refuses to be seen as a legacy singer, but unfortunately she's not a trend as a contemporany artist for almost 2 decades. Her last solo big hit was Hung Up. I wish she still release a new album and new songs, but it's time to embrace her legacy. 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:51 PM, lap said:

Unfortunately, it's true. Why do we have to wait for so long? In 30 years from now, probally almost all of us and Madonna will be dead and mostly of the new generation and the new ones to come will not care about her legacy. We should celebrate her legacy while she and we're alive. The Celebration Tour was a very good example about that. Madonna refuses to be seen as a legacy singer, but unfortunately she's not a trend as a contemporany artist for almost 2 decades. Her last solo big hit was Hung Up. I wish she still release a new album and new songs, but it's time to embrace her legacy. 

You seem to answer your own question. Still, no one is on her team is awaiting 30 years to update things.  I'm seeing quite the progress and no avid fan is truly suffering here.  Most hard core fans have access to all her music and it's just a matter of complaining to what's not available to the general public.  I confidently repeat what I've said before, not everything needs to be available to the general public.  Any hardcore fan has everything in some format.   It's not like Madonna is an artist that is hard to find on the internet.  Still, not ever single edit and fade is necessary to be released.:)

On 6/29/2024 at 12:26 AM, Adonna said:

You seem to answer your own question. Still, no one is on her team is awaiting 30 years to update things.  I'm seeing quite the progress and no avid fan is truly suffering here.  Most hard core fans have access to all her music and it's just a matter of complaining to what's not available to the general public.  I confidently repeat what I've said before, not everything needs to be available to the general public.  Any hardcore fan has everything in some format.   It's not like Madonna is an artist that is hard to find on the internet.  Still, not ever single edit and fade is necessary to be released.:)

I never said single edit and fade is necessary to be released and also I don't care about her stream catalog. 

I'm here for the deal Warner announced in august 2021 about the expanded landmark albuns and 3 years later we haven't got any of them. 

I didn't create the statament, it's from Warner/Rhino. If they changed the plans, they should tell the public the project was scrapped and end of the story. 

Anyway, I'm interested for the physical expanded landmark albuns. 

Although english is not my primary language, I think the word EXPANDED means we'll not get only the regular tracklist, but also something as a bonus like happens with every artist that has a contract with Rhino. 

If fans would be happy about the bonus, it's another story, but it's the perfect time to release some demos and unreleased remixes. 

2 hours ago, lap said:

I never said single edit and fade is necessary to be released and also I don't care about her stream catalog. 

I'm here for the deal Warner announced in august 2021 about the expanded landmark albuns and 3 years later we haven't got any of them. 

I didn't create the statament, it's from Warner/Rhino. If they changed the plans, they should tell the public the project was scrapped and end of the story. 

Anyway, I'm interested for the physical expanded landmark albuns. 

Although english is not my primary language, I think the word EXPANDED means we'll not get only the regular tracklist, but also something as a bonus like happens with every artist that has a contract with Rhino. 

If fans would be happy about the bonus, it's another story, but it's the perfect time to release some demos and unreleased remixes. 

But as said many many times by a number of us, the deal isn't just ONLY about the expanded re-issues. You might not care about the other things happening because of the deal, but that doesn't change the fact the deal is on-going and will be for some years to come.  

As for the "expanded re-issues", there is no promise demos and unreleased material will be added.  Fans just assume that.  And like some have stated, I agree it's pointless to re-issue them if something new isn't added. :)

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

But as said many many times by a number of us, the deal isn't just ONLY about the expanded re-issues. You might not care about the other things happening because of the deal, but that doesn't change the fact the deal is on-going and will be for some years to come.  

As for the "expanded re-issues", there is no promise demos and un-release material will be added.  Fan just assume that.  And like some have stated, I agree it's pointless to re-issue them if something new isn't added. :)

It's not ONLY, but ALSO about the expanded re-issues. 

If you think 3 years since the announcement is reasonable, good for you :smile: but, IMO, they shouldn't make a statement since a such long time as they know fans are waiting for something like that since the cancellations of the 20th career commemorative box. 

Of course, the campaign creates expectations about the releases and if they had not intention to make things happen sooner, it's acceptable many fans are frustraded, like me, because I'm one of the target audience for such kind of release.

And like I said before, the word 'expanded' means extra content, although they didn't make any detailed specifications about the content.

I still have hopes about the first re-issue release with LAV-40th, her first landmark album. If this doesn't happen, I will forget about this campaign. 

On 6/23/2024 at 11:29 PM, MikeyK said:

The Like A Prayer demo is so lovely. Has such a different vibe from the finished version.

Even though these have been readily available on youtube for 5 years I’d love it if they were included on a future LAP album reissue.

unless mike dean rapes the sound and dials it up to 11 - im perfectly happy with the wav file cludb78boy shared - i just dont trust her team when it comes to remastering - they need someone like Bernie Grundman who has been doing the Prince & MJ legacy stuff - hes a real pro imo

here we go again with this argument .... streaming vs vinyl vs where the fuck are the expanded releases .... where is my confessions tour in full in blu-ray please M ???( i can wish for this :) )

all we have had so far is scraps and the more stupid fans lap up the different colour vinyl then the less she is going to bother with expanded releases ? why has her team been so silent about all this in 3 years ? thats what i really dont understand - even M hasnt commented on anything to do with this which again makes me wonder if the plans have changed - seeing as she is all so vocal about every other project on social media ? cant we get Guy O to make some kind of statement about what is happening ?

21 minutes ago, lap said:

It's not ONLY, but ALSO about the expanded re-issues. 

If you think 3 years since the announcement is reasonable, good for you :smile: but, IMO, they shouldn't make a statement since a such long time as they know fans are waiting for something like that since the cancellations of the 20th career commemorative box. 

Of course, the campaign creates expectations about the releases and if they had not intention to make things happen sooner, it's acceptable many fans are frustraded, like me, because I'm one of the target audience for such kind of release.

And like I said before, the word 'expanded' means extra content, although they didn't make any detailed specifications about the content.

I still have hopes about the first re-issue release with LAV-40th, her first landmark album. If this doesn't happen, I will forget about this campaign. 

But again, you're ONLY considering the "expansive re-issues" when you are trying to spin this as "unreasonable".  The deal started with the release of MX Tour audio.  So of course, they are going announce their intentions.  I guess you rather they left out the mention of the "expanded re-issues" even though that's just one part of the deal.  Her Interscope albums haven't been taken over Warners either, but as specified in the deal, this an "multi-year deal".  Those albums are supposed to be taken in by Warner stating next year.  As for the timing of anything else, it never was specified. They had every right to make the announcement.  Just because the re-issues haven't happened yet, doesn't mean it still isn't gonna happen. 

Like you, my hopes are for a LAV 40th re-issue. It would make sense as it's her first album and when she took the world by storm.  We'll see in a few months what happens.  I prefer them to take their time on it, then rush something out.  :)

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

unless mike dean rapes the sound and dials it up to 11 - im perfectly happy with the wav file cludb78boy shared - i just dont trust her team when it comes to remastering - they need someone like Bernie Grundman who has been doing the Prince & MJ legacy stuff - hes a real pro imo

I mean...wasnt there rumors stuart was taking over once he got involved with celebration? Maybe that's just wishful thinking but that would definitely make it worth the wait for me. I really did not like FEL. I'm no expert, but I was so disappointed with how some sounded so hopefully that could be why they're taking longer as well.

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I mean...wasnt there rumors stuart was taking over once he got involved with celebration? Maybe that's just wishful thinking but that would definitely make it worth the wait for me. I really did not like FEL. I'm no expert, but I was so disappointed with how some sounded so hopefully that could be why they're taking longer as well.

Nope. Fan fiction.  But I'd love if he was part of it.  Anyway, there's really nothing to talk about until they have one finished and ready to go. We know she has a team of people cultivating her back catalog.  Among these people, are those who are responsible for assembling the re-issues. I never expected them to be released right away. And I always thought the first one wouldn't come until or at least the 40th Anniversary of the first album.  But I can see maybe that isn't considered a landmark album. 

People saying nothing has happened in the three years are really just saying, they don't like what's been released/done so far.  That's fine, but many of us actually did enjoy FEL and the fact her digital/streaming catalog is continually getting up dated. 

Let’s be real. Warner did not resign with her to do some cute little record store day Ltd picture discs and a few curated dedications to DJ’s and some pillow cases and Anniversary singles with new artwork, they signed with her again to finally be able to repackage her landmark money spinning albums. That’s where the money is and Warner is about the money. Aint no big money in a 40th birthday Everybody 12”with a new pic and a long lost Erotica single picture disc. 
People are so hard to defend her and this deal they lose logic and reason. It’s giving dumb. 
All the published articles and news updates from outlets led with the meat of this whole re-deal … and that is the expanded curated landmark albums. Bolstered by archived material that essentially makes them good money for old rope. End of conversation. The rest is just chicken feed so if people could please stop trying to smoke and mirrors this shit it would be appreciated. This forum is trying me recently lord a mercy.