MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

5 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I just asked Rhino about the wrong versions and talked to them about the missing Dress You Up single and I'm waiting full response

Keep us up to date, but try not to keep hounding them or they will stop responding to you.  It's a matter of picking your battles.  The point is; you want to keep the communication line open, not become a nuisance to them. :)

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Keep us up to date, but try not to keep hounding them or they will stop responding to you.  It's a matter of picking your battles.  The point is; you want to keep the communication line open, not become a nuisance to them. :)

A nice (girl?) called Leigha answered me and told me that my comments would be noted

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Lol ya'll bought the ugly celebration merch and that ugly rio poster and bought that beyond ugly finally enough aldo creation for hundreds of dollars TWICE! not to mention those pointless album sleeves. They know they can feed the fans shit because ya'll keep buying shit! Just don't be surprised if when the reissues finally do come they'll be an Aldo design. And how many of you bought the silver True Blue vinyl? 

THIS

1 hour ago, RyanUK said:

All of the releases so far have mentioned anniversaries!

WTG Super Club mix RSD, was to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Who’s That Girl and Causing a Commotion. 

Erotica picture disc was to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Erotica. 

Everybody RSD 12” was to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Everybody. 

American Life mix show was to celebrate the 20th anniversary of American Life. 

Finally Enough Love was to celebrate her 50 number ones. 

Her digital singles have been all been released on their respective anniversaries.

So for you to ask who mentioned anniversaries, Madonna, Rhino and Warner did and have. That’s what the whole deal is about! Her 40th anniversary! 

And just to preface the rest of your comment about her illness etc..this is a post that @Prayerposted a few pages back that sums up that situation perfectly.

“I don't think that's the case. The anniversary was July 2023, if anything was planned it would have been announced and ready to go with pre-orders at least two months previous to that. Even if it was planned for later, it would have come in the Fall, vinyl pressings take months in advance and they're not wasted, justdelayed (that's what actually happened with the "Madame X Tour" triple vinyl, they just delayed it for some weeks).

There was nothing coming for "Madonna 40", simple as that.”

Again, I’m not trying to be negative, I’m just being realistic. Plans for these sets have clearly changed. If they were going to release these sets, in my opinion, we would have had at least one by now. It’s been three years since the press release. Why bother putting out a silver vinyl of Like a Prayer for its 35th anniversary when they could release a super deluxe set with a brand new remaster and make a hell of a lot more money and please the fans at the same time.

In my opinion, the focus has now shifted to getting the maxi singles on streaming/digital. Even those have now lapsed in quality control in terms of promo mixes and the correct remixes being added, but that’s another story. Rant over. Phew! Much love ❤️

I was talking about expanded albums, not singles.

Madonna40 didn't happen. We didn't even get a pillow. Just Madonna dancing to Lucky Star on Instagram. 

InsideTheGroove said that Madonna was working  on the reissues last month, so that's why nothing has showed up yet, and that's why I don't think Virgin40 or BedtimeStory30 will happen. I think they'll drop them when they think the time is right. Not when fans demand them.

Now what I say is not set in stone. I only have what ITG have told readers on X and what Neil have told readers on MadonnaTribe.

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I already know that you are the Rhino salesman 

Don't try to hide it

Damn, you've found me out... So I won't hide it anymore. I'm surrounded by hundreds of Madonna masters with demos and unreleased songs, BUT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THEM, YOU MERE MORTAL FANS. THEY ARE MINE, ALL MINE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

20-Maniacal-Laughter-Gif.gif

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

Damn, you've found me out... So I won't hide it anymore. I'm surrounded by hundreds of Madonna masters with demos and unreleased songs, BUT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THEM, YOU MERE MORTAL FANS. THEY ARE MINE, ALL MINE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

20-Maniacal-Laughter-Gif.gif

Do you listen to Open Your Heart (Remix Edit) and Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) as a hobbie?

23 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Do you listen to Open Your Heart (Remix Edit) and Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) as a hobbie?

Even better, I have erased the masters and recorded 'Material Gworllll' and 'Vulgar' over them.

7KbP.gif

Seriously though, if I worked at Rhino, I wouldn't be begging every 15 days for them to release 'Open Your Heart (Remix Edit)' or 'It's That Girl" from a digital source, and I wouldn't be spending my money on any colored vinyl...

33 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

There will be no major physical reissues or box set, we will be lucky to see the celebration tour released this year.

https://x.com/sdedition/status/1815743179477389416

It's funny that they say "ZERO STUDIO ALBUMS HAVE BEEN RE-ISSUED" when that's a total lie.  It's just not what that person on "X" and some fans want.  Both TRUE BLUE and LAP Silver Editions are 'RE-ISSUES".  I get the frustration (regarding the Warner deal), but whether you like the "Silver" edition or not, it's a "re-issue".  It's not that they ran out of ideas. They just know what sells.  Love or hate them, color vinyls sell.  Rhino is a business. They are going to sell items that they know they will profit from.  While some may not like it, but when it comes down to a re-issue of a colored Vinyl for $25 compared to a huge box set that will cost hundreds of dollars, they are most likely going to profit from the colored vinyl.  For me, I look at all of this as added bonuses until something bigger comes along.  If I don't like it, of course I might express it, but it's not the end of the world and I realize this is just business. There is no mistakes happening within her team. They know exactly what they are doing.  I find most who are complaining about these releases are not satisfied with anything.  I realize the fanbase is polarizing, so it's hard to please everyone.  :)

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Lol ya'll bought the ugly celebration merch and that ugly rio poster and bought that beyond ugly finally enough aldo creation for hundreds of dollars TWICE! not to mention those pointless album sleeves. They know they can feed the fans shit because ya'll keep buying shit! Just don't be surprised if when the reissues finally do come they'll be an Aldo design. And how many of you bought the silver True Blue vinyl? 

Amen. 

Why would any sane person put any time, effort or money into a proper reissue campaign when you have these colored vinyls with the same artwork, the same master, the same everything over and over again. And evidently enough people buy this shit. 
The re-issues are not happening any time soon nor ever. My two cents. If the rumors are true, she will be directing the biopic next year and then spend 1-2 years editing and promoting it. As if the reissues would take priority. Next new release will most likely be The Celebration Tour either as a streaming movie or vinyl/spotify release. Judging from previous tours, this will also take at least one year from now. So that could be her next project after the summer vacation. 
All the collectors who are actively gaslighting and deflecting those who are waiting for these alleged reissues, be happy. They are not coming. 
I have already given up any hope last year, so I personally am neither shocked nor pissed. To quote Trump, “it is what it is”. 

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

It's funny that they say "ZERO STUDIO ALBUMS HAVE BEEN RE-ISSUED" when that's a total lie.  It's just not what that person on "X" and some fans want.  Both TRUE BLUE and LAP Silver Editions are 'RE-ISSUES".  I get the frustration (regarding the Warner deal), but whether you like the "Silver" edition or not, it's a "re-issue".  It's not that they ran out of ideas. They just know what sells.  Love or hate them, color vinyls sell.  Rhino is a business. They are going to sell items that they know they will profit from.  While some may not like it, but when it comes down to a re-issue of a colored Vinyl for $25 compared to a huge box set that will cost hundreds of dollars, they are most likely going to profit from the colored vinyl.  For me, I look at all of this as added bonuses until something bigger comes along.  If I don't like it, of course I might express it, but it's not the end of the world and I realize this is just business. There is no mistakes happening within her team. They know exactly what they are doing.  I find most who are complaining about these releases are not satisfied with anything.  I realize the fanbase is polarizing, so it's hard to please everyone.  :)

Its ok to admit when a re issue is not a re issue, a colour change is technically a re issue but that's not an expectation gap, its just commerce as you say and not a genuine re issue. Actually remastering and adding song context etc is not that hard, l don't think her team ran out of ideas l just don't think Madonna understands many of her fans very well (specifically the non gay. non dance market), too many around her happy with really shit merch and things that reflect very material things tied to ego and image (candles and rosaries) rather than the substance of her work and musical legacy.... will Madonna will ever have the confidence in that to not have the focus on how she looks...we will get all these photo shoots recreating old looks but zero on the artistic process or memories on recording etc.

I would just love to be a fly on the wall in these decision meetings. 

"Ok it's the 35th anniversary of one of Madonna's BIGGEST albums. What should we do for the reissue?"

"Keep the album the same but make the vinyl silver."

"Is- is that all we're gonna do?"

"Add a poster."

"BINGO"   :Madonna057:

Edited by whiteheat (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

Its ok to admit when a re issue is not a re issue, a colour change is technically a re issue but that's not an expectation gap, its just commerce as you say and not a genuine re issue. Actually remastering and adding song context etc is not that hard, l don't think her team ran out of ideas l just don't think Madonna understands many of her fans very well (specifically the non gay. non dance market), too many around her happy with really shit merch and things that reflect very material things tied to ego and image (candles and rosaries) rather than the substance of her work and musical legacy.... will Madonna will ever have the confidence in that to not have the focus on how she looks...we will get all these photo shoots recreating old looks but zero on the artistic process or memories on recording etc.

A re-issue is a re-issue, no matter what changes and differences it has.  That's just a fact.  You might not like this specific re-issue, but you can't change what it is.  Regarding Madonna not understanding her fans?  Well, I don't know her personally, nor do you. But things like this aren't really all up to her.  The record company has a lot of pull. Some may say, "well, no one does anything without her say", but I don't agree, but even she has had disagreed with the record company.  At the end of the day, if they are making money for her, she really won't have any complaints. To say, she doesn't understand her non gay or non dance fans, seems like a ridiculous thing to point out.  The fact is; many of her fans are "gay".  So of course, she's gonna cater to that base!  At the same time, she is very eclectic and reaches beyond just that base.  This "Silver vinyl" release is just business. Whether you like it or not, it will sell as they expect.  I agree her record company needs to think beyond what's becoming normalize as merchandise being accepted by fans, but I still think that a $30 Vinyl will sell far better than a $300 box set that most likely will be harder to sell.

I don’t mind if the reissues are shelved just give us something else.  A new album! It’s been five years for gods sake. Three years since the deal and two years since her last compilation. The sporadic nature of digital singles, the decline in effort there and the random one off 12 inches with such little appeal. For the greatest female artist of all time. It seems like a real missed opportunity is all when it seems there was a real effort to boost her streaming numbers , presumably to bolster a new album. 

The reissues would have been a great thing to tide over her baron creative period. Let her have a rest with no pressure. 
We’re just so in the dark I suppose. My bet is we’re not getting anything til the biopic has boosted her international presence now so these will be 2026 at least.