Madonna ❌ Pride 2024

52 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

Is it usual to have white straight people as judge of ballroom? (it´s a sincery question) I hope this does not turn against her. 

White people are beloved wdym? And I've definitely heard Madonna say the words I fucked women so she can judge. What's the prize anyways

1 hour ago, Frank said:

I think that'll be it and period. Nothing more. No performance, no new album, no new song, no new nothing. Better to believe this, u guys won't be disappointed later...

I wish you were wrong, but I'm gonna bet you're right! 

55 minutes ago, Tudors said:

White people are beloved wdym? And I've definitely heard Madonna say the words I fucked women so she can judge. What's the prize anyways

SORRY. Meant to quote DJ GARRIDO.

EVERYONE has always been welcomed.

Theyre not about identity politics.

Ive been to a number  of them and it’s about sharing in music, and fashion and dancing and celebrating.

Dancers are poor, trust me lol! They will take all the money they can get and every ticket sold, every cover charge, every drink purchased serves to pay the dancers and perfomers, cover costs and organize more events.

Luxury, falsely-compassionate beliefs (white privilege, excluding people because of factors they do not control Like their skin color or sexual orientation) keep poor people poor And disadvantaged people down…contrary to what one might think.

we do better when we come together and celebrate and elevate each other’s existence.

Ive always felt welcomed and appreciated in those events and no one ever gave a shit who I was or where I came from.

13 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She fucked women as we know. She‘s queer. And she’s Madonna. 

And even if she was/is straight, she's a massive queer icon and white straight folk are judges on e.g. Drag Race all the time.

8 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes because she literally did nothing in the last year. 

Here comes again… I’m just referring to this event… and I said we’re “back” to 2021/2022 time which means "after”

😘

Didn't Madonna flip the tortillas with Ingrid Casareious... I remember at the confessions tour in Miami she walked right in front of me and I was so starstruck I yelled out Ingrid!!! And she looks at me with those eyes and im like hi and she waved back gave a half smile  and kept walking 🚶🏻. A moment! 😭 She was prob like oh it's a Madonna fan they know me oh yea 😂

10 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

Is it usual to have white straight people as judge of ballroom? (it´s a sincery question) I hope this does not turn against her. 

It’s Madonna. Shes hardly “white straight people.”

4 hours ago, Tudors said:

Didn't Madonna flip the tortillas with Ingrid Casareious... I remember at the confessions tour in Miami she walked right in front of me and I was so starstruck I yelled out Ingrid!!! And she looks at me with those eyes and im like hi and she waved back gave a half smile  and kept walking 🚶🏻. A moment! 😭 She was prob like oh it's a Madonna fan they know me oh yea 😂

One of my friends met some guys out in Miami after the concert last year and one of them turned out to be Ingrid’s son. He and his mate thought it was hilarious that my friend knew who his mum was by name and that she’s well known to the Madonna fan community. They had no idea.

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

What has the world come to when Madonna at Pride is being debated as possibly offensive to gays and blacks...

Oh puh-lease, are you new to the modern world? Its been a nutty place for awhile! We're even at a point where Vogue is seen as controversial and where some try to claim she isnt even an ally with absolute nothing done for the community. Its nothing but young people who only began caring cuz they saw paris is burning on netflix once. And even then, that documentary has been scrutinized because it was done by a white lady.

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

What has the world come to when Madonna at Pride is being debated as possibly offensive to gays and blacks...

Nobody say anything like that.

Now if you referring about Madonna getting backlash from being a judge in a Vogue Ballroom that's something that comes back from when she did Vogue. And even Xtravaganza came on her defense before. It's nothing to do with what the world is becoming.

9 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

When she performs she posts reharsals and by the time the performance comes we know the whole setlist and costumes. She's bad at surprises. 

Well, she was posting rehearsals with Maluma in 2022 and we were VERY surprised with the final performance... :cute: you never know with her!