Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

12 hours ago, NRMX said:

I refuse to stream, it’s antinatural, an abomination, a sin against God! And the Ten Commandments

Angry Fire GIF

Oh I forgot about the 1990 Immaculate Commandments and “Thou Shalt Not Stream My Songs Motherfuckers”. Personally my favorite is “Thou Shalt Not Send Me Hydrangeas” lol

It would be wild to see the Celebration version hit 1 mil in a day on its own. 😳

The album version was only added to that official playlist mid afternoon yesterday, will see what kind of boost it gets after a full day on it today.

Would be wise of them to drop the movie version people on twitter keep asking for this weekend while things are going up so nicely.

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

I can’t believe she hasn’t. Like turn the electric guitar up to 20 and give us what we want lady!

yeah, I don't get it either, I know that M didn't want to do album versions on her tours in the past, but she has done it with many songs in the last 10-15 years, and now we finally deserve the album version of LAP!!!

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And we keep growing:

But the separate version will result in nothing:

Sad

For the purposes of official charts, don't different versions mean little though? I thought Finally Enough Love charted for so long cos Warner decided to allocate all streams of the different versions of the songs on it counted towards that album, so if that's the case surely it can't be difficult to combine different versions of the same song?

This is a genuine question btw, I am really not up to speed on the intricacies of how the charts work today.

6 minutes ago, Debord said:

For the purposes of official charts, don't different versions mean little though? I thought Finally Enough Love charted for so long cos Warner decided to allocate all streams of the different versions of the songs on it counted towards that album, so if that's the case surely it can't be difficult to combine different versions of the same song?

This is a genuine question btw, I am really not up to speed on the intricacies of how the charts work today.

"Finally Enough Love" charted for so long thanks to the physical sales, its streaming was never that strong enough to chart only based on that.

All versions count for the official charts, yes, but not for the Spotify Top 200 Global chart, which was what the post on X said. Entering that chart would give the song another boost, cause it's a monumental achievement, everything there gets even more attention and exposure.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

"Finally Enough Love" charted for so long thanks to the physical sales, its streaming was never that strong enough to chart only based on that.

All versions count for the official charts, yes, but not for the Spotify Top 200 Global chart, which was what the post on X said. Entering that chart would give the song another boost, cause it's a monumental achievement, everything there gets even more attention and exposure.

It's certainly not the case in the UK that Finally Enough Love has hung around the charts for so long cos people were still going out and buying the cd/vinyl for months and months. It kept charting in the top 100 cos big Madonna songs on streaming were allocated to its sales. There was a lot of discussion about it even on here!

5 minutes ago, Debord said:

It's certainly not the case in the UK that Finally Enough Love has hung around the charts for so long cos people were still going out and buying the cd/vinyl for months and months. It kept charting in the top 100 cos big Madonna songs on streaming were allocated to its sales. There was a lot of discussion about it even on here!

Post a link then. I certainly don't remember any of that? (And don't think it's the case).

She was charting in the low Top 75-Top 100 for months, with album sales being lower than ever of course she could do it with vinyl and CD sales. The 6LP rainbow edition was also a boost.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Post a link then. I certainly don't remember any of that? (And don't think it's the case).

She was charting in the low Top 75-Top 100 for months, with album sales being lower than ever of course she could do it with vinyl and CD sales. The 6LP rainbow edition was also a boost.

You can see it being discussed only this week in the UK Mix topic - that FEL continues to chart cos streams from big Madonna songs are being allocated to its sales, rather than their parent album: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/artist-chart-analysis/10887617-madonna-the-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones-era/page155#post11179569

And in fact they're discussing it cos it's back in the top 100 in the UK chart midweeks, which is almost certainly due to the increase in streams for Like A Prayer.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

You can see it being discussed only this week in the UK Mix topic - that FEL continues to chart cos streams from big Madonna songs are being allocated to its sales, rather than their parent album: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/artist-chart-analysis/10887617-madonna-the-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones-era/page155#post11179569

And in fact they're discussing it cos it's back in the top 100 in the UK chart midweeks, which is almost certainly due to the increase in streams for Like A Prayer.

I'm checking, thank you. Again, it's speculation on their part. I'm not sure what they say there is true honestly.

I'll try to check the UK chart rules but makes no sense that "Like A Prayer" streams go to "Finally Enough Love" when the version there is not even the same one, but a remix.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I'm checking, thank you. Again, it's speculation on their part. I'm not sure what they say there is true honestly.

I'll try to check the UK chart rules but makes no sense that "Like A Prayer" streams go to "Finally Enough Love" when the version there is not even the same one, but a remix.

If you google "uk charts "finally enough love" allocations" a few things come up saying the same thing. Folk have been discussing it for years at this point - a lot of frustration cos Warner redirected all the streaming allocations to Finally Enough Love, which basically killed The Immaculate Collection and Celebration on the charts (if you look at the UK charts, The Immaculate Collection still regularly charted right up until August 2022. FEL was released that month, and Immaculate hasn't charted since).