20th Anniversary of Re-Invention Tour!

Adonna

Favorite Act from Re-Invention Tour?   

105 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Act from Re-invention Tour?

• Act 1: Marie Antoinette
    • Act 2: Military
    • Act 3: Circus
    • Act 4: Acoustic
    • Act 5: Scottish-Tribal

3 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I promise popular artists have to pay to perform covers at major venues especially if they're part of a regular set list and they're selling (very expensive) tickets.

This is the rule of thumb: From a legal standpoint, any band can cover a song during a live performance, as a result of blanket licenses obtained and paid for by venue owners to performance rights organizations (PROs) such as SOCAN in Canada and ASCAP or BMI in the United States. So no, the artist themselves do not have to pay to perform a cover song live, no matter how big the venue is.  However, as mentioned before, if they include that in any concert film release whether it's physical, streaming or digital, the artists must gain permission/license/pay a fee. 

She only performed Express Yourself in Mexico City, doesn’t mean it’s 100% sure they can’t use another performance but it’s more likely they are going to use that song, thank god. Personally if there is one thing I didn’t like on Celebration is I Will Survive. I get it why she did I (even if lyrically it was always a stretch, it’s a revenge love song) but I’m not fan on the song anyway.  And I will be not mad if they are going to cut the MJ tribute (and I love MJ) since it never really worked for me musically or visually. 

21 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She only performed Express Yourself in Mexico City, doesn’t mean it’s 100% sure they can’t use another performance but it’s more likely they are going to use that song, thank god. Personally if there is one thing I didn’t like on Celebration is I Will Survive. I get it why she did I (even if lyrically it was always a stretch, it’s a revenge love song) but I’m not fan on the song anyway.  And I will be not mad if they are going to cut the MJ tribute (and I love MJ) since it never really worked for me musically or visually. 

I agree. I get its meaning any inclusion in the tour, but in making the tour film it should be a showcase of Madonna’s career and inserting a cover into that seems off to me. 

Madonna’s concert releases have featured LOADS of covers and samples of other artists songs.

- Billie Jean on TVT

- I Can’t Help Myself on Ciao Italia

- Family Affair on BAT

- Fever, Just my Imagination, Everybody is a star on TGS

Imagine on IGTTYAS

- I Feel Love and Disco Inferno on Confessions

- Here Comes the Rain Again and DCFMA on Sticky

- La Vie en Rose on Rebel Heart

- Fado Pechincha on Madame X

We don’t even know the reason LDLHA was cut. The story about the writers blocking her from using it is a rumour only and probably made up by a fan. Maybe she was being stingy or maybe it was a creative decision.

So there’s no reason she can’t include Billie Jean, Fever or I Will Survive on Celebration.

12 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Madonna’s concert releases have featured LOADS of covers and samples of other artists songs.

- Billie Jean on TVT

- I Can’t Help Myself on Ciao Italia

- Family Affair on BAT

- Fever, Just my Imagination, Everybody is a star on TGS

- I Feel Love and Disco Inferno on Confessions

- Here Comes the Rain Again and DCFMA on Sticky

- La Vie en Rose on Rebel Heart

- Fado Pechincha on Madame X

We don’t even know the reason LDLHA was cut. The story about the writers blocking her from using it is a rumour only and probably made up by a fan. Maybe she was being stingy or maybe it was a creative decision.

So there’s no reason she can’t include Billie Jean, Fever or I Will Survive on Celebration. Although, as was said already I Will Survive wasn’t even performed in Mexico.

They only time she “cut” a sample for rights issue is the Music Sounds Better with You sample in Holiday on DWT, the sample is actually still there but they lowered the volume. 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I always thought the “rights issue” on her cutting LDHA was always bullshit. My idea is that they made the cut for Showtime and never bothered making a cut for the video release. The music segment of LDHA is still there. 

I think so too. The broadcast was exactly 2 hours. And she had to cram her random Detroit rant in there instead.

The fact that the instrumental of the song is there means she had to pay them anyway. Unless it went under the radar but I’m doubtful.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think so too. The broadcast was exactly 2 hours. And she had to cram her random Detroit rant in there instead.

The fact that the instrumental of the song is there means she had to pay them anyway. Unless it went under the radar but I’m doubtful.

Yep, the Detroit bullshit was so out of contest but she had to have it in there! Also I can’t remember but doesn’t she sings a portion of Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend on the live video? And she does If I Had a Hammer in the end credits 😂

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

I would love if she cut the MJ tribute but I think we’re out of luck. She’ll probably extend it.

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

Yep, the Detroit bullshit was so out of contest but she had to have it in there! Also I can’t remember but doesn’t she sings a portion of Diamond’s Are A Girl Best Friend on the live video? And she does If I Had a Hammer in the end credits 😂

Yes. So the fan imaginary theory is clearly bs. Was that a Drowned Madonna exclusive?

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I would love if she cut the MJ tribute but I think we’re out of luck. She’ll probably extend it.

She should at least replace the dancer, Madonna NEVER danced like that in her entire life. It looked like a Dancing With The Stars backdrop 😂

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She should least replace the dancer, Madonna NEVER danced like that in her entire life. It looked like a Dance With The Stars backdrop 😂

The whole concept was crap. In the age of AI this is the best they could do? Get rid of it.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I wonder if she’s going to add in stupid little things that weren’t part of the show like she did with Madame X.

I can see her trying to make it like a documentary with clips from the past annoyingly inserted in.

If this mean no biopic but more music in the near future so be it 😂 (I actually like the fake intro on Madame X).

But there are already clips from the past on the show between the beginning and the Finally Enough Love segment. I wish she would cut Bob to tell you the truth from the beginning of the show, I’d rather watch the video montage than watching him. 

11 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

If this mean no biopic but more music in the near future so be it 😂 (I actually like the fake intro on Madame X).

But there are already clips from the past on the show between the beginning and the Finally Enough Love segment. I wish she would cut Bob to tell you the truth from the beginning of the show, I’d rather watch the video montage than watching him. 

No way. I love Bob and his intro, it brings back the memories and excitement of being there. I also hope they just use the one show with “Frida” as the guest and include the proper speeches. And no changing outfits or changing hair between shots. Or black and white. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

No way. I love Bob and his intro, it brings back the memories and excitement of being there. I also hope they just use the one show with “Frida” as the guest and include the proper speeches. And no changing outfits or changing hair between shots. Or black and white. 

I like the intro, I just don’t need to see him 😂

But he’s going to be there for sure. 

On 8/23/2024 at 12:54 AM, Veronica-Electronica said:

I agree. I get its meaning any inclusion in the tour, but in making the tour film it should be a showcase of Madonna’s career and inserting a cover into that seems off to me. 

I hope they include it at least as a bonus.  She usually sang it so beautifully.  It's truly one performance you can really hear HER vocals live, rather her singing along with a backing track. 

On 8/23/2024 at 8:31 AM, Blue Jean said:

Well the strings of LDLHA are not part of the Miles Gregory original composition, it was the LAV album arrangement, so technically I don't think they could claim any copyright for that. Said that, I do believe it was a matter of lenght as you wrote and, having to chose, she maybe prefered to cut out something she should have also paid for. We also have to consider that that minute and a half was so valuable for real fans - I still remember how incredulous we all were when, the afternoon of the debut night, the voice of her rehearsing LDLHA started to spread :heart: - but for the TV general public that was just her sitting down and singing a random melody piece, it actually didn't add much to the gorgeous HBC performance in terms of narrative and musicality. I loved it though, how madly :lol:, and I miss it so much on the final release (yes, they should have added that and the two bonus videos - LAP and TAB - organically to the final blue-ray video.

On 8/23/2024 at 7:31 AM, cosmic_system said:

Agree 100% with all of it.

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Well the strings of LDLHA are not part of the Miles Gregory original composition, it was the LAV album arrangement, so technically I don't think they could claim any copyright for that. Said that, I do believe it was a matter of lenght as you wrote and, having to chose, she maybe prefered to cut out something she should have also paid for. We also have to consider that that minute and a half was so valuable for real fans - I still remember how incredulous we all were when, the afternoon of the debut night, the voice of her rehearsing LDLHA started to spread :heart: - but for the TV general public that was just her sitting down and singing a random melody piece, it actually didn't add much to the gorgeous HBC performance in terms of narrative and musicality. I loved it though, how madly :lol:, and I miss it so much on the final release (yes, they should have added that and the two bonus videos - LAP and TAB - organically to the final blue-ray video.

I agree, but I still wish she left it in.  It was a a favorite inclusion by the majority of fans. The video release should have kept it in for the fans, being they are the ones who are going to buy the DvD more than anyone else.

On 8/23/2024 at 3:36 AM, cosmic_system said:

Yep, the Detroit bullshit was so out of contest but she had to have it in there! Also I can’t remember but doesn’t she sings a portion of Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend on the live video? And she does If I Had a Hammer in the end credits 😂

Makes perfect sense. In this case, they were so dumb to cut LDLHA because it really adds to the performance =(

Rebel Heart Tour is her worst tour release ever, for me

4 hours ago, Agent Cooper said:

Makes perfect sense. In this case, they were so dumb to cut LDLHA because it really adds to the performance =(

The slow motion on that and mdna does my head in. Nobody wants to see a concert in slow motion. We want to feel as if we are really there.

12 hours ago, Agent Cooper said:

I have to respectfully disagree.. that honor goes to the concert release of MDNA.   RHT is quite tolerable.  The only real complaint I have is the omission of LDLHA, but there is so much more to that show that made it still fun to watch even with its concert film release. :luv:

3 hours ago, Adonna said:

I have to respectfully disagree.. that honor goes to the concert release of MDNA.   RHT is quite tolerable.  The only real complaint I have is the omission of LDLHA, but there is so much more to that show that made it still fun to watch even with its concert film release. :luv:

Actually, yesterday I was angry with the "new info" about they not including LDLHA by choice, lol

There are a few songs in RHT film release that I enjoy: True Blue, La Vie En Rose, Heartbreak City, Unapologetic Bitch... Fortunely, they slowed down the frenzy a little bit for ballads.

But I never know wich one is the worst, MDNA or RHT. The only edits I love on MDNA film release is Like A Virgin and Love Spent, they are so dramatic, beautiful and it works.

To end with a positive note, I really like Madame X Tour release, still very edited but I think it's not so fast and we can appreciate the concert. I love Sticky & Sweet video edit as well, it's very similar to a regular broadcast. And now we have the incredible footage of Celebration Tour, by Globo TV and awesome fan edits.