Revenge, the story behind the song (ROL Outtake)

• cosmic_system changed the title to Revenge, the story behind the song (ROL Outtake)
26 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

https://x.com/iknowtfhappened/status/1825321401290485901?s=46&t=PFq0cJYHcPbRrXtXHB9OaA

"Madonna was rather taken with Robert (Miles)'s sound and she was keen on collaborating with him. However he declined her offer - he did so in a rather rude and graceless manner, mind you. A most uncharming fellow. In response, we spent a couple of nights in my studio, crafting a few tracks inspired by his style, just for the sake of it. As it happened, it was my daughter’s birthday, Madonna absolutely adores her, and we were surrounded by an abundance of cakes. So there we were : Madonna, myself, and a delicious sense of vengeance against Robert Miles. One of the tracks was fittingly titled "Revenge". We indulged in cake, recorded three rather splendid dance tracks, and that was that." 

okay......but who said it?????

Gone Gone Gone & Revenge are not good songs.

Thank god they didn't make the cut.

As for RM, he was on top of him game back in 1995-1997 when he released his debut album.

But all his post debut albums gone gone gone flopped.

His ex-label DBX dropped him quicker than the ray of light after 2nd album flopped,

One album wonder. Indeed.

If I remember correctly, Robert Miles passed away a few years ago as well. I liked the debut album, but it was all rather very samey. He didn't seem to have much range. I'm glad the songs didn't end up on ROL, they're not up to the same standard.

51 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Gone Gone Gone & Revenge are not good songs.

Thank god they didn't make the cut.

As for RM, he was on top of him game back in 1995-1997 when he released his debut album.

But all his post debut albums gone gone gone flopped.

His ex-label DBX dropped him quicker than the ray of light after 2nd album flopped,

One album wonder. Indeed.

Totally. It didn´t fit in the whole ROL project. A rarity. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Isn't what leaked just a demo? It's pretty unfair to judge it since it is pretty bare bones the way the demo for TPOG sounds. Would love to have heard if Orbit or Marius produced a version. I really love it lyrically and it always felt like an alt-version of Sky Fits Heaven.

I was going to say this. The leaked versions of "Revenge" and "Gone Gone Gone" were demos and should be treated as such. They could have evolved a lot if considered for the final album.

The early versions of the final songs we got on "Ray Of Light" are most of them also very far from the greatness we got in the end. Demos are demos.

3 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Yes that when you see that production is the key. Look at drowned world. However, for me they are very dull tracks, nothing really inside them. Maybe i should give them a try.

Oh i absolutely LOATHE the DW demo!!! The final version is actually top 5 of my favorite madonna songs ever and its amazing how it was transformed!!!

54 minutes ago, TheGoth said:

If I remember correctly, Robert Miles passed away a few years ago as well. I liked the debut album, but it was all rather very samey. He didn't seem to have much range. I'm glad the songs didn't end up on ROL, they're not up to the same standard.

His other albums are WILDLY different. As an independent artist, his albums were, in order... leftfield/downtempo, then a future jazz collab album with an indian percussionist, and then psychedelic prog rock.

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

okay......but who said it?????

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

It’s in the link on X. The producer. 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Greg Fitzgerald? Rick Nowells? Which producer? I'm not seeing anything in the post or replies.

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Black Fras produced the song (written with Rick).

2 hours ago, OceanBlue said:

Greg Engler ? Never heard of this man before. Who is he ?

So we still have no answer as to who this guy Greg Engler who is posting on X is...