What "Event" could this be????

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well her "Paparazzi" - "Bad Romance" - "Telephone" run alone was quite something, at least for me. All three felt like proper old big video moments. And "Poker Face", "LoveGame" were quite good.

But of course everything is subjective.

I mean i think that's just how low pop had sunk but then again I also think young kids also never wanna acknowledge the past and that newer doesnt always mean better. Look at that Chappell Roan girl. I heard one of her songs and i was like THIS is her? The most innovative lesbian popstar ever? Music that sounds like the GoGos meets Cyndi Lauper? This is innovative? 

Anyway rant over 😅

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You mean “throw all Madonna’s ideas together and see what happens”

I honestly think Gaga didnt start with the Madonna stuff until Grace Jones made a fool out of her and Madonna showed Gaga ONE ounce of kindness and just like that, she thought she was her!

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

I honestly think Gaga didnt start with the Madonna stuff until Grace Jones made a fool out of her and Madonna showed Gaga ONE ounce of kindness and just like that, she thought she was her!

Wait... what did Grace Jones do?

3 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Wait... what did Grace Jones do?

Gaga apparently wanted to work with her and Grace made it public she turned her down and said some pretty rough stuff about her (can't find the original quote) then a few years later when she wrote her memoirs she kept mentioning a pop star she nicknamed "Doris" which was Gaga since she mentioned how Doris really wanted to work with her and she said about Doris pretty much what she said about Gaga in 2010/11. She's also mentioned how Gaga has no soul and is just a vessel. It was pretty much after the original comments that Gaga all of a sudden started latching off Madonna and her imagery since idk if you remember but alot of Gaga's original imagery was more of a rip-off of Grace and NOT Madonna.

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Gaga apparently wanted to work with her and Grace made it public she turned her down and said some pretty rough stuff about her (can't find the original quote) then a few years later when she wrote her memoirs she kept mentioning a pop star she nicknamed "Doris" which was Gaga since she mentioned how Doris really wanted to work with her and she said about Doris pretty much what she said about Gaga in 2010/11. She's also mentioned how Gaga has no soul and is just a vessel. It was pretty much after the original comments that Gaga all of a sudden started latching off Madonna and her imagery since idk if you remember but alot of Gaga's original imagery was more of a rip-off of Grace and NOT Madonna.

Interesting. I dont know Grace's images that well. But Gaga been copying so many people.... Also Roisin Murphy in the beginning too. 

17 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Interesting. I dont know Grace's images that well. But Gaga been copying so many people.... Also Roisin Murphy in the beginning too. 

I wasnt too familiar with Roisin at the time but definitely can see it now. Sodheim wasnt a fan either and dissed her too. Bowie's son and Bowie's drummer either and weren't happy with her doing the tribute. Funny how Elton really defended Gaga from Madonna and insulted her yet didnt have the balls to say anything publicly about Grace. 

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wasnt too familiar with Roisin at the time but definitely can see it now. Sodheim wasnt a fan either and dissed her too. Bowie's son and Bowie's drummer either and weren't happy with her doing the tribute. Funny how Elton really defended Gaga from Madonna and insulted her yet didnt have the balls to say anything publicly about Grace. 

I always felt Elton's love for Gaga was just hate for Madonna in disguise. 

7 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Bowie, Madonna, Grace Jones, Bjork, Roison Murphy, Kylie, Leana Morgan, Christina Aguilera…  probably others.

11 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

This is starting to get weird…

Time to

then.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Bowie, Madonna, Grace Jones, Bjork, Roison Murphy, Kylie, Leana Morgan, Christina Aguilera…  probably others.

And to remember I spent my whole 2012-13 scrolling down Paws Down and Gaga Cheat blogs. Made so many friends there too!!!

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

Uh she was never that great at doing videos. Just Dance looked like a rip off of Fiona Apple, Poker Face was Goldfrapp meets Kylie, Eh Eh was Borderline, Love Game looked like a Britney Xtina slutty video

Omg I remember thinking back in 2009 (and I was a fan back then) that the videos for her first 3 US singles each felt like they were targeting a different demo.

Just Dance gave mid 00s hipster vibe. The outfits and extras all looked like they were straight from American Apparel.

Poker Face was obviously aimed at the gay club scene.

LoveGame was like she put herself in a grimy hip hop/crunk video (w/blatant Campari sponsorship).

SORRY ppl not to derail the topic again. 🙃

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Screaming

I mean it's true! @musicinfernothought he was being clever iS tHiS a GaGa ThReAd!? as if we should all go back to talking pages upon pages sticking to that dumb photo! I mean who's instinct is it even to take a picture of your computer screen!? Literally, who does that!?!? 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I mean it's true! @musicinfernothought he was being clever iS tHiS a GaGa ThReAd!? as if we should all go back to talking pages upon pages sticking to that dumb photo! I mean who's instinct is it even to take a picture of your computer screen!? Literally, who does that!?!? 

Dramatic as always. Carry on...