MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

It’s not like she’s needed, but it doesn’t look good. “Madonna just left the hospital, her tour is postponed but here’s the pre-order of the deluxe of her first album!

That’s the reason Madame X was pushed back. 

I think it is about point of view only. Actually, it sounds pretty good to me to still do it in July. 

"Madonna left the hospital, she is doing perfectly fine, we need to postpone a tour a bit, but here are pre-orders for her first reissue album to celebrate the 40th anniversary of queen of pop, enjoy it in the meantime" 

But like I said, if they are doing reissues with colored vinyls only, it doesn't really matter when it is announced, it's not any significant reissue at all. But if they are doing 'real' reissues with some additional demos or unreleased songs or new remixes, then I would expect slightly different approach. 

But let's see what happens in September 

1 hour ago, subversive said:

I don't follow any other artist as I follow madonna. I don't have any other references I mean. So it's a regular thing ins musix industry? I only have clues about prince, bowie, michael...

Yes it's a common practice to increase sales and collectors eat it up. Taylor Swift's folklore album was available in eight unique collectible covers - I think it's highly likely that Madonna's reissues will be available in multiple colours.

aqbgfkO.jpg

21 minutes ago, subversive said:

My god!!! Well, i was aware about the different fomats and colours. But what i mean to say is if it's common to reissue e.g. erotica in white vinyl (2018), and then in blue for example, 3 years later. And so on all album...

Yes. Kylie did multiple different colours for her Impossible Princess reissue and now for her debut album reissue. Artists/labels are doing as many different versions as they can to milk the fans. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a new album or a reissue nor does it matter what the original pressing was like. If there’s a rabid fanbase, no matter what it is, there will be multiple coloured vinyls galore and fans wasting their money on every single version.

Personally, I’m not into coloured vinyl much. I have a few by Madonna, Erotica white because it’s stunning and it sounds amazing, and Ray Of Light blue because..well  because I buy everything Ray Of Light 😂

I have FEL box set (the first one) and the silver and red double vinyl edition because I don’t know why. And of course pink Confessions because it’s still the only one available (promo aside). And I have the RSD stuff. I have more by other artists but mainly because some were out of print and they were re-released only like that.

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Personally, I’m not into coloured vinyl much. I have a few by Madonna, Erotica white because it’s stunning and it sounds amazing, and Ray Of Light blue because..well  because I buy everything Ray Of Light 😂

I have FEL box set (the first one) and the silver and red double vinyl edition because I don’t know why. And of course pink Confessions because it’s still the only one available (promo aside). And I have the RSD stuff. I have more by other artists but mainly because some were out of print and they were re-released only like that.

Im about the same as you. I have some things on vinyl. I’ve kind of gotten sick of buying them though because I never really play them. I’d rather spend my money on concert tickets or hookers or something.

10 hours ago, Jackie said:

So, if true, that'll mean we'll be getting almost 3 releases a year then (14 studio albums) - 

Year 1 Q4 2023 / 2024 - Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue

Year 2 - 2025 - Like A Prayer,  Erotica, Bedtime Stories

Year 3 - 2026 - Ray of Light, Music, American Life

Year 4 - 2027 - Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA

Year 5 - 2028 - Rebel Heart, Madame X?

+ twice yearly RSD drops + new albums/ singles?

I'm sure this schedule seems impractical to most on this forum, especially given that Madonna has never released projects with a frequency like this. However, I urge everyone to consider the fact that by late October, Taylor Swift will have released 3 major projects within a year. Whether you like her or not, every move Taylor Swift makes, informs and influences the music industry at this current time. And these are 3 major projects with multiple vinyl editions, CDs, new music videos, etc. From a business perspective, she's showing the bigwigs that fans (read: collectors) will still buy hundreds of thousands of physical copies of projects even when it's the third cash-grab in the past 365 days.

My point being: if Taylor can do an entirely new studio album plus two fully re-recorded albums all within a year and people are still buying them, then Madonna can certainly release 3 projects in a year that don't even require her to record anything new or film any new music videos. [Of course, if she wants to surprise us with new recordings or videos, we'd be thrilled, but I don't anticipate it.] 

I'm only saying all this to emphasize that the music industry is constantly evolving, and right now we have a major star pushing the trend of multiple-releases-per-year and slaying it. Considering Madonna's reissues don't require half the effort and might only be limited to a quarter of the quantities, I think she'd have no trouble hawking these products on this timetable above. Such a market strategy may have seemed incomprehensible if it would have been pitched at any other time in the past four decades, but right now couldn't be a more viable moment to strike.

Edit/P.S.: I wrote this whole post before even reading Page 227 of this thread. I had no idea when I wrote this that Taylor Swift was already mentioned multiple times on this page LOL. I guess all our brains went to the same place! So no one knock me for calling her influential on the music industry, please. It's just a fact.

9 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I'm sure this schedule seems impractical to most on this forum, especially given that Madonna has never released projects with a frequency like this. However, I urge everyone to consider the fact that by late October, Taylor Swift will have released 3 major projects within a year. Whether you like her or not, every move Taylor Swift makes, informs and influences the music industry at this current time. And these are 3 major projects with multiple vinyl editions, CDs, new music videos, etc. From a business perspective, she's showing the bigwigs that fans (read: collectors) will still buy hundreds of thousands of physical copies of projects even when it's the third cash-grab in the past 365 days.

My point being: if Taylor can do an entirely new studio album plus two fully re-recorded albums all within a year and people are still buying them, then Madonna can certainly release 3 projects in a year that don't even require her to record anything new or film any new music videos. [Of course, if she wants to surprise us with new recordings or videos, we'd be thrilled, but I don't anticipate it.] 

I'm only saying all this to emphasize that the music industry is constantly evolving, and right now we have a major star pushing the trend of multiple-releases-per-year and slaying it. Considering Madonna's reissues don't require half the effort and might only be limited to a quarter of the quantities, I think she'd have no trouble hawking these products on this timetable above. Such a market strategy may have seemed incomprehensible if it would have been pitched at any other time in the past four decades, but right now couldn't be a more viable moment to strike.

No one, absolutely no one in the current climate has the commercial power Taylor has, not even living legends like Madonna. Even Adele had trouble selling physical copies of her last album and she's... well, Adele, another powerhouse.

So comparing any strategy with Taylor's is a dead end, in my opinion.

I just can't see a big Madonna release, "Finally Enough Love" type (different editions, a big box set, etc.) every three months, but we'll see, of course.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

No one, absolutely no one in the current climate has the commercial power Taylor has, not even living legends like Madonna. Even Adele had trouble selling physical copies of her last album and she's... well, Adele, another powerhouse.

So comparing any strategy with Taylor's is a dead end, in my opinion.

I can't see a big Madonna release "Finally Enough Love" type (different editions, a big box set, etc.) every three months, but we'll see.

Please note that I agree with your point here, and I tried to account for it by mentioning the fact that Madonna's releases might be issued in much more limited quantities (aka "limited edition"). I think they will have no problem selling out the products if they're limited to 10,000 vinyl copies, or fewer.

I already predict some meltdowns come September when nothing but the MX Tour on vinyl is being released. As much as I appreciate @WokeUpInMedellinsharing his find, I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.  I still think the September release by his source is in regards to the MX Tour vinyl. It's possible his source has an idea that something more is coming our way, down the line.  But now I'm reading others adding to what he posted and seemingly accepting it as a possible fact when nothing official has been shared.  For instance, three re-issues happening in a years time.  Unless Madonna herself, a press statement is released on her website or various sources like Rhino, none of what anyone has discussed here should be taken as fact.  Come September, no one should have a meltdown if no Deluxe Re-issue isn't released/announced when no one official has yet announced any re-issue of the landmark albums.  The fact that @WokeUpInMedellinsource bunched Hard Candy into the Interscope releases, tells me there is room for error on their own part and it's possible they are mixing things up. 

6 hours ago, subversive said:

What about the past coloured vinyl reissues? The white erotica, blue music, blue-gold immaculate? It doesn't so much sense another coloured ones, it's a little bit.... enough

Babe, after reissues will be annouced, they stop producing the old non expansive albums. They're going to replace every album with deluxe edition. This is what seems logical to me.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

The fact that @WokeUpInMedellinsource bunched Hard Candy into the Interscope releases, tells me there is room for error on their own part and it's possible they are mixing things up. 

I do think you're a bit too hung_up.mp3 on this bit. They're probably just not as big of a Madonna fan as you are, and mixed up the bit of trivia about which record label was which album. It doesn't really give any indication either way about the veracity of the information. Their friend at Warner likely said "The Interscope albums will transfer to us in 2025" and then the messenger (Addiction to Vinyl) not being the biggest Madonna fan, forgot about Madame X's existence and said Hard Candy instead. They never claimed that the source at Warner is the one who called Hard Candy an Interscope album. 

I'm not saying this with any hostility or anything, please know that. I'm just suggesting you don't let that tiny mistake be a factor in your judgment, because I'm quite certain it's irrelevant.

28 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I do think you're a bit too hung_up.mp3 on this bit. They're probably just not as big of a Madonna fan as you are, and mixed up the bit of trivia about which record label was which album. It doesn't really give any indication either way about the veracity of the information. Their friend at Warner likely said "The Interscope albums will transfer to us in 2025" and then the messenger (Addiction to Vinyl) not being the biggest Madonna fan, forgot about Madame X's existence and said Hard Candy instead. They never claimed that the source at Warner is the one who called Hard Candy an Interscope album. 

I'm not saying this with any hostility or anything, please know that. I'm just suggesting you don't let that tiny mistake be a factor in your judgment, because I'm quite certain it's irrelevant.

No, I'm just saying we should take it all with a grain of salt. I can already see people taking what you posted as if it's official and come September, some will come back to this thread, having a meltdown over the fact a re-issue hasn't happened based on what you shared. My point is; if your source can easily make a mistake by the mention of Hard Candy, they could easily be mistaking this all for the MX Live Tour Vinyl that's actually coming.  I'm not counting on anything happening in September. I'd be happy if I was wrong though.  :)

6 hours ago, Karma said:

Yes it's a common practice to increase sales and collectors eat it up. Taylor Swift's folklore album was available in eight unique collectible covers - I think it's highly likely that Madonna's reissues will be available in multiple colours.

aqbgfkO.jpg

My God I hope that this will never happen in the discography of Madonna... there, I could not follow it for sure! :Madonna009:

23 minutes ago, McDonna said:

No, I'm just saying we should take it all with a grain of salt. I can already see people taking what you posted as if it's official and come September, some will come back to this thread, having a meltdown over the fact a re-issue hasn't happened based on what you shared. My point is; if your source can easily make a mistake by the mention of Hard Candy, they could easily be mistaking this all for the MX Live Tour Vinyl that's actually coming.  I'm not counting on anything happening in September. I'd be happy if I was wrong though.  :)

Well you shouldn't expect anything in September! They said it's delayed a couple months :angel: Check my last update from them. Everyone is advised to delay their meltdowns until mid December at the earliest.

36 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Either way - it’ll need to be multiple releases a year - or it’ll blow out to a 14 year campaign lol

Perhaps not all albums will be as expansive as others - so some might just be a RSD release 💁🏻‍♂️

But does there need to be a time limit on this?  It's possible, they made a deal for however long it may take, without a real deadline.  While I doubt that 14 years is something they are anticipating, but at the same time re-issuing her back catalog can and will happen for years to come, even if it's beyond this particular deal. I suspect this deal they made is a bit more concentrated on her being involved in most of the releases (as she should). And let's remember the deal specifically said a "multi-year" deal, so to me that can easily be defined to the next 10 to 15 years.  Again, I don't believe that is what they are anticipating, but I think some might be getting hung up on the Landmark re-issues and how fast they should be coming , when there is no promise to when they are to be released. :)