MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, Diieeego said:

I do believe anniversaries are important. Somebody here, I forgot when, said that her team “does not care about anniversaries” and that is why the important anniversaries were missed, and they could randomly release whatever whenever 

I think that’s ridiculous too, but if that’s not true, then it means not one of the anniversaries that have passed are relevant to her team, and that they’re waiting for a big relevant date for re-releases 

i just don’t understand how the debut is not relevant enough

I think fans put more emphasis on what constitutes as "landmark" than her team. But like someone above mentioned, not everyone sees her first album release as a "landmark" moment in her career.  After all, no one but the fans are paying attention when she really came on the scene. Most people remember things like when she first became hugely famous which was with the release of Like A Virgin.  Late 1984 and 1985 were definitely landmark years for her. Fast forward to the release of Like A Prayer and so on.  Those moments are remembered the most with people.  And if then, as time goes on, those memories start to diminish. Then you have fans that will always rember those moments in her career they think are important, but really no one else remembers as much. As mentioned, she wasn't really a well known celebrity/entertainer until the release of Like A Virgin.  So my thought is if there was any landmark moment coming up for Madonna, it would be the anniversary of her Like A Virgin release.  Much like most would think Prince's landmark beginning (even though he had released several albums before) would be Purple Rain.  If we were speaking of Alanis Morrissette it would be the release of her third album, Jagged Little Pill. If we were speaking of Michael Jackson, Thriller would be his landmark moment as a "solo artist".  For George Michael it would be the release of Faith.  Janet Jackson it would be Control (which was her third album).  I can go on, but I think you get my point.  It doesn't mean these artists didn't have moments before or after that fans greatly remember.  It doesn't even mean they haven't had more as their career went on. 

Regarding digital and streaming updates/releases, they have been quite consistant and while I agree not all have fallen necessarily on an anniversary date, most have.

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

This thread is still going???

:04:
I completely forgot about the non existent Warner deal or “expansive albums” fan fantasy since the tour started! Time to close this thread @Jackie, it’s about as likely as an Australian tour at this point :laughing:

Cant believe this same convo is still going around in circles 3 years later.

Yes at this stage - more likely to get limited editions of grilzzzzzzzzzzzzz then something meaningful! lol 

2 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

its crazy they have tons and tons opportunity to put out something really amazing ( and with the big catalogue of madonna is not difficult at all), put out greatest hits and help streaming numbers go up .... and do nothing.... 

the Team of dolly parton is very smart on this....

Amen 🙏 my point since August 2021 and I’m supposed to be grateful for vinyl with the same shit we’ve had for decades and be excited that I can stream the same stuff on my phone 🙄

i hope to have  prolific madonna like this year and last year.... with frozen with sickick,  frozen with 070shake, back that up to the beat finally out officially, Hung up on t, lievitating remix, popular ,vulgar...

i really love the era we are now.... ep, full album, mixtape, tons of feat, mini album if you follow pop... there is always something out.... i really hope  M embrace this era totally and start to put out music like this era request....

the streaming can be fucking powerful....

think an ep with 5 song with... dua lipa or kylie or beyonce or the weeknd....

there are tons of ideas...i really hope madonna embrace this new prolific and amazing era....

@wtg1987

17 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

@Jackie about what? her be so prolific in the last period?

when thinking back to guy's inital statement after her hospitalization.

he said ALL commitments were put on pause, including the tour.

Obviously she was mainly focusing on the tour at the time but she could have been working on the reissues as well?

maybe she wasn't working on the reissues personally but you get what I mean, she still has to oversee it and give the final sign off for things

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Obviously she was mainly focusing on the tour at the time but she could have been working on the reissues as well?

maybe she wasn't working on the reissues personally but you get what I mean, she still has to oversee it and give the final sign off for things

This is true ! @dave2290she has been indeed - but no specific re-release. I was expecting something to come at the start of the rescheduled tour - to commemorate her 40th year - but nothing lol. 

3 hours ago, Jackie said:

This is true ! @dave2290she has been indeed - but no specific re-release. I was expecting something to come at the start of the rescheduled tour - to commemorate her 40th year - but nothing lol. 

I was hoping for something too. I even thought maybe a new song that she would perform on tour as well.  I still don't think her illness kept anything from happening with the Warner deal.  Seems the focus is on mostly streaming and digital updates and few cool curated projects in between.

9 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

it will be perfect if M re release her entire discography and dont stop to put out new feat and new remixes. ...

for her back catalogue it will be amazing to have 

- another album cover, but original of that period, the one who was put out  before the final decision

-songs who put out for some reason but, again, original of that period

-new remix for some songs or for all.  Example: like a virgin album, like a virgin the remix

- in every album, 2 or 3 songs or maybe more made in feat with singers like Sam Smith, kim petras, dura lupa, beyonce, Kylie ecc .... again it can be another album... Example like a virgin album, like a vergin feats album,,,

sorry if i quote myself but it was on another discussion topic.... @McDonna @Jackie @Brendanlovesu1

Edited by dave2290 (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

They’re not coming

50 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

sorry if i quote myself but it was on another discussion topic.... @McDonna @Jackie @Brendanlovesu1

Dear, never ever apologize for quoting yourself... I do it too (and often, as you may see...).

You can also do share any previous post from any thread by using the "share" function - click on the 3 dots in the upper left corner of the post you wanna share and you'll have access to the link of the post in question. Paste the link to your own post and voilà, link will be embedded automaticly, as you can see here:

https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/29081-single-reissues-campaign-dont-tell-me-out-now/?do=findComment&comment=1192097

(link not embedded)

(Link embedded. You have even the option of embedding the link or not. In both cases the post I have used was the same one from yours you quoted in the post I'm replying to.)

Infinity is not just lovely, it's very easy to browse too!!!! Such a wonderful place to be!!!

8 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Ok so Like a Virgin will be the first album to receive the expanded, curated reissue treatment. I didn't wanna do this question, but... what will happen when we enter in 2025 and still there's no sign of any expanded, curated reissue? Will True Blue get the primacy of being the first one?

We are on the threshold of 2024, the year of Like a Virgin anniversary. If expanded remaster won't come out in November then we can start to worry. Up until then enjoy streaming uploads. 

15 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Ok so Like a Virgin will be the first album to receive the expanded, curated reissue treatment. I didn't wanna do this question, but... what will happen when we enter in 2025 and still there's no sign of any expanded, curated reissue? Will True Blue get the primacy of being the first one?

Yes and then we will get a True Blue 40th anniversary blanket to mark the occasion

:04:

she's amazing but M and her team have a too much old mentality when its about streaming and this music era.... you can love her or hate her but look taylor swift how she is everywhere.... only this year she put out 2 album....ok Taylor swift version, but she put out 5 or 6 singles with mv and i read on a newspaper she have an original album done and another TV done.... and in the eras tour she say she want to put more album out as possible..... this is mastering the streaming and today music ert oday

so i hope M dont stop to work with amazing producers and singers and dont stop to put out feats and remixes and originals