MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Just now, Alpha said:

Not to mention...the label will get things when they want them. If they demanded them a year ago, you better believe we would've gotten them a year ago especially since its already existing material. I'm very curious to the timelines of othet artists...like how was the timing for Prince or Bowie? Or any other legacy artist? 

Yeah, the thing is that the core fan base of both of Prince and Bowie complain about the box sets or deluxe releases from them.  I understand some fans tend to have these expectations.  We all want it all, but realistically I know it's not gonna happen. Also, these record companies are going to want to make a profit, so of course, they are going to milk their artists as well as re-release countless items to make more money.  They are a business.  That's how it works.  It may not make some fans happy, but in a lot of cases, they re-issue and release stuff they hope they will sell, not some random fan dream that will cost a zillion dollars that no one can afford to buy.

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

why are people still mentioning FEL nearly 2 years later ?? that was just an easy release to put out imo - all M had to really do was approve the artwork...

Because it was a major release with promo and various editions. Not to mention she just completed a major tour and almost died lol she's been a busy woman!

Just now, Donna said:

Yeah, the thing is that the core fan base of both of Prince and Bowie complain about the box sets or deluxe releases from them.  I understand some fans tend to have these expectations.  We all want it all, but realistically I know it's not gonna happen. Also, these record companies are going to want to make a profit, so of course, they are going to milk their artists as well as re-release countless items to make more money.  They are a business.  That's how it works.  It may not make some fans happy, but in a lot of cases, they re-issue and release stuff they hope they will sell, not some random fan dream that will cost a zillion dollars that no one can afford to buy.

I hope we get something similar to Garbage's debut 😭😭😭 like a standard, deluxe box, and a super-deluxe on digital. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I hope we get something similar to Garbage's debut 😭😭😭 like a standard, deluxe box, and a super-deluxe on digital. 

But even with that, fans don't think that is the best.  It's subjective.  Once again, I understand. 

And yeah, I think eventually we're gonna start getting some "landmark re-issues".  How packed will it be?  Who knows?  What I do know, whatever they do, it will never be enough for some.  :)

16 hours ago, Donna said:

Where? Which exact posts?  Feel free to report such posts if you think they are going against community guidelines!!!!

The truth is, months ago you and I disagreed about some stupid topic, and you became unhinged over it. At that point, you stated; you're going to ignore me.  

I definitely never stated that, because I don't agree with that stance at all. I would never ignore you. I will always reply to make sure I call out your bullshit. Promise. Second of all, I don't even remember the disagreement you're alluding to, so no, it's not that. But here you are putting words in someone's mouth and making up things they said when they never did. You do this a lot! (Not to me). Very condescending of you. Oops! There it is again. Because it's true and you continue to exhibit it. Horrible.

19 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

why are people still mentioning FEL nearly 2 years later ?? that was just an easy release to put out imo - all M had to really do was approve the artwork...

That’s not strictly true. M was involved in all aspects of putting that project together. She spent some time in the studio with Mike Dean and Honey Dijon selecting her favourite remixes, which is what ended up on the album. FEL was her first curated project meaning she produced the album and curated the track list. American Life Mix Show was the second curated project from M herself. Some of the tracks on the EP are brand new edits too! 

I still have hope for Like A Virgin 40th Anniversary this year.. :Madonna023:

I understand that plans may have changed with the Selftitled album last year (M getting sick) but there are really not any excuses if they'll miss LAV..

If they do they truly made fool of us.... :coffee:

I haven't been following this topic closely but will add my 2 cents. I have always felt that Madonna has done a very poor job of preserving and promoting her gigantic musical legacy. Her music has rarely been included in compilations over the years, it's not played much on radio or music services, she hasn't released her hugely famous early concerts on DVD or blu-ray and she hasn't released super deluxe version of her albums.  We all know there is a massive  amount of audio and video material in the vault but she has missed every significant anniversary and opportunity to release some of it. She also hasn't allowed anyone to make a Netflix style documentary about her like we have seen for so many other artists from her era. I'm guessing this is all related to her famous disregard for the past and her being a massive control freak but it really is a shame because it might almost be too late for some of this now.  I really hope she does because the clock is ticking and she really deserves to be reappraised and seriously appreciated by the mainstream while she is still alive. 

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I definitely never stated that, because I don't agree with that stance at all. I would never ignore you. I will always reply to make sure I call out your bullshit. Promise. Second of all, I don't even remember the disagreement you're alluding to, so no, it's not that. But here you are putting words in someone's mouth and making up things they said when they never did. You do this a lot! (Not to me). Very condescending of you. Oops! There it is again. Because it's true and you continue to exhibit it. Horrible.

How about YOU let him take care of his own faults and you take care of YOURS!! Seriously, this is getting old. None of us are perfect including myself. Let it go and let’s all start a new day because this is getting tiring for all of us. 

2 hours ago, litemakr said:

I haven't been closely following this topic closely but will add my 2 cents. I have always felt that Madonna has done a very poor job of preserving and promoting her gigantic musical legacy. Her music has rarely been included in compilations over the years, it's not played much on radio or music services, she hasn't released her hugely famous early concerts on DVD or blu-ray and she hasn't released super deluxe version of her albums.  We all know there is a massive  amount of audio and video material in the vault but she has missed every significant anniversary and opportunity to release some of it. She also hasn't allowed anyone to make a Netflix style documentary about her like we have seen for so many other artists from her era. I'm guessing this is all related to her famous disregard for the past and her being a massive control freak but it really is a shame because it might almost be too late for some of this now.  I really hope she does because the clock is ticking and she really deserves to be reappraised and seriously appreciated by the mainstream while she is still alive. 

I basically agree with all that you are saying.. It's just that why she needs to do it now? Why fans are demanding her to do it at this moment? She is still pretty much very active singer/artist even in her 60s, she can basically be compared to any current singer. She is releasing new music, remixes, selling big arenas for her tours without any problem. 

When artists/singers start focusing on their back catalogue, it usually means they are not that much active in terms of new activities and rather settled with all these legacy acts (reissues, masters of their tours, another greatest hits albums, b-side collections etc.) 

For Madonna, it's too early, she still has multiple years of career ahead of her, probably last years of her active career (I don't want to sound atheist but age is an age and after hitting 70-75yo, it might change). So she might start doing all that you have written in 10 years from now, it would be perfect timing, but now.. I would prefer if she would drop any idea of "looking back" and give us as much new stuff as possible. We might as well get only one or two/three studio albums before it is all over (depends on how busy she will be in next few years with other activities such as movie, reissues) 

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Congratulations on being the first person I block for being a bully.  Every post you've made ever since I started here has been dripping with sarcasm and nastiness.

5 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Congratulations on being the first person I block for being a bully.  Every post you've made ever since I started here has been dripping with sarcasm and nastiness.

I don't care but if I'm accused of bullying an individual like that, then that's a very good thing. You sure don't want to be a sympathizer of someone like that! So thank you for acknowledging that I'm opposed to it :laughing:  That's like saying I'm being a bully to Ted Bundy. I'll gladly be so!!!

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don't care but if I'm accused of bullying an individual like that, then that's a very good thing. You sure don't want to be a sympathizer of someone like that! So thank you for acknowledging that I'm opposed to it :laughing:  That's like saying I'm being a bully to Ted Bundy. I'll gladly be so!!!

Please please stop. No one here should be compared to a serial killer. GEEZ 

6 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

I basically agree with all that you are saying.. It's just that why she needs to do it now? Why fans are demanding her to do it at this moment? She is still pretty much very active singer/artist even in her 60s, she can basically be compared to any current singer. She is releasing new music, remixes, selling big arenas for her tours without any problem. 

When artists/singers start focusing on their back catalogue, it usually means they are not that much active in terms of new activities and rather settled with all these legacy acts (reissues, masters of their tours, another greatest hits albums, b-side collections etc.) 

For Madonna, it's too early, she still has multiple years of career ahead of her, probably last years of her active career (I don't want to sound atheist but age is an age and after hitting 70-75yo, it might change). So she might start doing all that you have written in 10 years from now, it would be perfect timing, but now.. I would prefer if she would drop any idea of "looking back" and give us as much new stuff as possible. We might as well get only one or two/three studio albums before it is all over (depends on how busy she will be in next few years with other activities such as movie, reissues) 

I can't see why both can't happen?  Why not exploit her back catalog while still releasing new music. In fact, I'm sure that is gonna happen.  Let's keep in mind, Warners can do a lot here without Madonna having to approve every nostalgic release, etc.  However, we know she will want to be involved, but it should stop her from still producing new music. A lot has happened since 2019.  The music industry is still suffering and releasing new music is not the same as before.  She knows the usual avenues in getting her music heard is limited.  For the most part, her money maker is tours and merchandise.  Cultivating her back catalog will surely generate some nice pocket change as well, when more curated projects come forth as well as including her music in more films, TV and commercials. 

So again, I don't think people think there needs to be a rush.  However, there are a lot of fans who are interested in getting her back catalog remaster and hopefully re-issues of old albums with rare songs, demos and mixes.  I can't wait to see where this whole deal takes us in the next year or two, especially once her Interscope albums are under Warner's wings. :)

7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Please please stop. No one here should be compared to a serial killer. GEEZ 

Thank you for your support!  I appreciate it.  But let's pay him no mind!  His comments say more about him than anyone else in this forum.  People like him do not deserve any more attention they desperately seek. We are better than this!  Thank you again!  Love to you!! :luv:

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I can't see why both can't happen?  Why not exploit her back catalog while still releasing new music. In fact, I'm sure that is gonna happen.  Let's keep in mind, Warners can do a lot here without Madonna having to approve every nostalgic release, etc.  However, we know she will want to be involved, but it should stop her from still producing new music. A lot has happened since 2019.  The music industry is still suffering and releasing new music is not the same as before.  She knows the usual avenues in getting her music heard is limited.  For the most part, her money maker is tours and merchandise.  Cultivating her back catalog will surely generate some nice pocket change as well, when more curated projects come forth as well as including her music in more films, TV and commercials. 

So again, I don't think people think there needs to be a rush.  However, there are a lot of fans who are interested in getting her back catalog remaster and hopefully re-issues of old albums with rare songs, demos and mixes.  I can't wait to see where this whole deal takes us in the next year or two, especially once her Interscope albums are under Warner's wings. :)

Its not hard to do both, its just a lack of will and care factor

We are talking about an artist who just completed a major live tour but has not updated YouTube for over a year, not a single tour snippet. 

Its ok for all fans to leave space for criticism and how crap she is at taking our money. The simplicity of re releasing something like the Royal Box, just one song from TOAC they professionally recorded in Melbourne, any of the small performances like if l had a hammer or Pride. Endless simple possibilities if they cared in the slightest. (and folks a massively prohibitive tour from price to global coverage is not it)

4 hours ago, Donna said:

Well, I don't think so :)

You can saturate the market only as much... To me, it doesn't make sense from business perspective. They, both Madonna and Warner, need to make as much money as possible and releasing everything "at once" wouldn't be very profitable. It is difficult to make money with one album these days. 

WB should make something like what Bjork had released recently.

Example:

LAP - Silver vinyl
LAP 30th anniversary cushion
LAP 30th anniversary crucifix
LAP 30th anniversary notebook
LAP 30th anniversary lithograph
LAP 30th anniversary lanyard
LAP 30th anniversary sticky pad
LAP 30th anniversary 5ml patchouli perfume
LAP 30th anniversary certificate

Retail price: $299

8 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

WB should make something like what Bjork had released recently.

Example:

LAP - Silver vinyl
LAP 30th anniversary cushion
LAP 30th anniversary crucifix
LAP 30th anniversary notebook
LAP 30th anniversary lithograph
LAP 30th anniversary lanyard
LAP 30th anniversary sticky pad
LAP 30th anniversary 5ml patchouli perfume
LAP 30th anniversary certificate

Retail price: $299

And only thing we get will be LAV40 slipmat

Cannot wait for all the break downs :Madonna009:

6 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Well, I don't think so :)

You can saturate the market only as much... To me, it doesn't make sense from business perspective. They, both Madonna and Warner, need to make as much money as possible and releasing everything "at once" wouldn't be very profitable. It is difficult to make money with one album these days. 

I don't think that's a good practice.  Madonna is best to take breaks between her projects and come back big!  But again, Warner can still distribute back catalog without much of Madonna's involvement.  "Releasing everything at once" will piss off a lot of fans because many won't be able to afford everything at once and be forced to pick and choose, only to miss out on something they still wanted when it sells out. 

No, I think what should happen is something big for LAV40 this fall and the release of Celebration Tour tour and audio on streaming/digital as well.  Meanwhile they can still keep updating her Youtube/streaming and digital catalog. 

14 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Animated GIF