The use and abuse of braids

chaosmen1984mk

I don't know about you but I'm already getting bored of seeing Madonna so many times with those braids that, although they look good on her and make her look elegant, she has already used them countless times. If I remember correctly, the first time was at the 2018 Met Gala.

604eeb2202bc6661f2954b67f977a07b.jpg.ba0ff3b4da54ed4be46faaf6a7ae94e3.jpg

Then Madonna returned to wear braids at the Mtv Video Music Awards 2018 but perhaps many of us did not realize that she repeated the same hairstyle because the awful suit she wore on that occasion caught our attention more. An event where many funny things happened because Madonna met Maluma there for the first time, then despised Camila Cabello live when giving her her award and finally stole the show during a tribute to an artist whose name I do not remember because Madonna decided to talk about herself and her beginnings in music instead of talking about this artist. Egocentrism at its best, it's true, but it's something I love about her.

madonna-vmas-aretha-tribute-0.jpg.ed3c16eba7c74e41b148015f1cc0e46d.jpg

To stay on topic I think Madonna should stop wearing braids now as she is becoming predictable in her hairstyles when there are so many alternatives she could use and always look different. It is simply advice since I as a fan would be unable to criticize her decisions. And also for health problems because if you don't know, the use and abuse of braids causes hair loss over time due to the excessive tension that this hairstyle causes in the hair And I, personally, couldn't bear to see Madonna bald, like Sinead O'Connor for example. What do you think?

EA8EFBC2-D533-4B7D-BEEB-6024513673E5.jpeg.fa08c30c6646e2fc5716085fde68fe77.jpeg.b02e84857e089efe894a7aeedd70b99b.jpeg

Speaking as a female, we wear plaits (braids) as a daily style because we like it OR to just get hair out of our face for a while. But it's just a hairstyle and Madonna can wear it for as long as she wants when she wants. Why does it matter?? Hers aren't even tight enough for them to cause problems, and it takes a long time for that to happen 🙄

On 11/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, Crazy For M said:

Speaking as a female, we wear plaits (braids) as a daily style because we like it OR to just get hair out of our face for a while. But it's just a hairstyle and Madonna can wear it for as long as she wants when she wants. Why does it matter?? Hers aren't even tight enough for them to cause problems, and it takes a long time for that to happen 🙄

i love that word, plaits! I have not heard it used since I was a kid and my cousins always plaited their hair.