VULGAR

deathproof

3 hours ago, stefo said:

I can't see how this could become a hit or even just being pass by many radios, it's clubby and cheeky in a daring way so ... of course the real chances were mostrly for Popular, wich is not a proper duet but a featuring.

Anyway, her real thing is still to come guys. Her single is the Max Martin track wich will be released in about a month and will get what it will. For an artist like M, the test of times (wich has been used as a hashtag or something a few weeks ago, maybe a song title?) was ans still is in two factors:

1. her tour tickets selling (and it went great)
  2. her ability to be impactful on stage at the age of 65, performing songs wich are even 40 years old, and still being able to make people feel their groove and feeling

How do you know a MM track is coming in about a month?

9 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Question?Does it download to the phone or does it only play in the app?

Thanks!

It goes into a music library on your Amazon account.  You'll always have access to it.  You can also access it through Desktop version and download it to your computer from the Amazon music library.

13 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah. Whilst he's had a couple of noticeable hits (Three) He's doesn't have a string of evergreen recognisable pop songs despite the Jackson comparisons. To me the WKND is a yet another example of a modern star riding the MID wave, able to succeed in the absence of any titan level popstar to challenge him. I think the last we've seen of that type of star was probably the 00's. Sadly playlisting algorithms favour the mediocre and hitting as many bases as possible. Record companies aren't looking for anyone that really stands out too much. Dilution has absolutely become a contributor in success. I think it's why we see more established stars of the late iTunes generation of stars, (Gaga, Katy, Miley, Taylor,) who just got in the streaming door before the door closed on the stars of the physical era, (Madonna, Janet, Kylie) being able to cut through the bland with the more traditional popsongs. (Justin, Britney, XTina & Beyonce sit somewhere in the crossfire) 

I'd ask you all to consider how many pop songs in the last ten years could be played at a family wedding that would be recognised by your 10 yr old niece, your mom and dad and your gran that aren't some Ed or Adele Ballad. (included here)

1. Blinding Lights - The WKND
  2. Shape Of You - Ed
  3. Uptown Funk - Mark & Bruno
  4. Roar - Katy
  5. Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
  6. Get Lucky - Daft Punk
  7. I Love It - Icon Pop
  8. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
  9. Happy - Pharell
  10. Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin
  11. All About That Bass - Megan
  12. Chandlier - Sia
  13. Sorry - Justin Beiber
  14. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
  15. Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
  16. Watermelon  High - Harry Styles
  17. Hello - Adelle  (hardly wedding party material)
  18. Shallow - Lady Gaga  (hardly wedding party material)
  21. urm I think that's it

I don't even think Rihanna or Beyonce have anything that would really hit all bases since 2013. I think you'd need to go back to Love On Top and Diamonds for that kind of evergreen hit and I truly don't think Ari has a truly definitive universally identifiable song yet despite song bangers they too err on the mid. 

You could probably pick a single week of the 1980's  and possibly the 70's 90's & 00's top 40 and find 10+ evergreen classics it's insane. 

I think as a fanbase we probably have to consider whether we would prefer Madonna to mimic the stars of today with A) "mid" reaching playlist fodder (see Drake), B) Artistic niche endeavours or C) hark back to a time of big melodies, hooks and stuff that people wanna play. 

I think this possibly M's own internal dialogue most of the time too. Luckily when she was at her commercial zenith she was was able to mix the three.

What’s MID wave?