The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

12 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Exactly- not saying she’s always bad - but yes, we don’t go to her concert expecting perfect vocals - 

Seriously. The way I would religiously rewatch the Virgin, Italia and BAT broadcast videos 33 years ago without giving a single thought to vocal quality. Now people nitpick every questionable note. My how times change lol.

18 hours ago, McDonna said:

It never was a problem until after Confessions.  All the shows I attended were pretty much on time.  But of course, no matter what artist I've seen in the past, I can't say they all have showed up exactly the time they are supposed to be on stage.  20 mins tends to be the average lateness for many artists. That seems common, but it seemed by MDNA, Madonna kept getting on stage later and later.  There were times she would get on stage late and disregard the complaints.  She would exclaim she had every right to come on stage late.

How many negative qualifying adjectives about her personality could we list based on this attitude where mistreatment of the fan or the public in general is something undeniable and evident. However, to do this we would have to be as objective as possible and that would mean getting rid of the armor that symbolizes our fanaticism towards her and that often makes us look for the most far-fetched justifications or excuses possible in order to defend the indefensible.

Personally I prefer not to do it. Let someone else do the dirty work.

22 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Seriously. The way I would religiously rewatch the Virgin, Italia and BAT broadcast videos 33 years ago without giving a single thought to vocal quality. Now people nitpick every questionable note. My how times change lol.

Same! Never bothered me and still doesn't bother me - it's Madonna!

17 hours ago, stefo said:

I think many people here know how enthusistic I am about this tour, at the same time I have to admit that her voice seems already  tired and this scares me a little. The CFY performance is not perfect but acceptable, but MAF was such a mess tonight :cry:

Take care of your beautiful and expressive voice M!! We need it :heart:

I'd take this vocal any night over her miming/singing over a backing track.  Of course, she had some rough spots, but I've never thought Madonna was ever the best vocalist.  She certainly has had her moments and shined, but at the end of the day, I came to see her perform. It's more than just the vocals for me.  It does amaze me how critical some are over performances like this, in a day when many of us have complained she's ditching a live band and relying on recorded backing tracks.  When I go to a concert, I want to hear her live, not some recorded vocal which I can easily hear on one of her records.  And I'm not naive to think Madonna would want to correct these vocals if she ever used them to for a concert release in the future.  But again, it's more than just the vocals when you go to a Madonna concert.

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I'd take this vocal any night over her miming/singing over a backing track.  Of course, she had some rough spots, but I've never thought Madonna was ever the best vocalist.  She certainly has had her moments and shined, but at the end of the day, I came to see her perform. It's more than just the vocals for me.  It does amaze me how critical some are over performances like this, in a day when many of us have complained she's ditching a live band and relying on recorded backing tracks.  When I go to a concert, I want to hear her live, not some recorded vocal which I can easily hear on one of her records.  And I'm not naive to think Madonna would want to correct these vocals if she ever used them to for a concert release in the future.  But again, it's more than just the vocals when you go to a Madonna concert.

Miming and Singing live over a backing track are two complete different things... Singing live over a backing track is still singing live while miming is miming 😏

23 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Miming and Singing live over a backing track are two complete different things... Singing live over a backing track is still singing live while miming is miming 😏

My comment wasn't about comparing such.  My point was, I rather hear her voice live over her miming or singing along with a backing track that is drowning out her real vocals. :kiss2:

21 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I made a mistake maybe writing my comment about the fact that I was worried of the difficulties I heard during her Mother and Father performance. I know that there is a lot of criticism about her on the forum and I did not mean to foment them, I'm not one of the people who usually criticize her, I'm loving a lot this show and I am quite happy she is doing it, I neither think she is in a generally bad vocal form.

Mine was simply ment as a comment about her possible vocal fatigue, as many times I wrote enthusiast and detailed posts about the qualities of this concert. Here to have fun, not to shade.

SAID THAT: any news, any link?

11 minutes ago, stefo said:

I made a mistake maybe writing my comment about the fact that I was worried of the difficulties I heard during her Mother and Father performance. I know that there is a lot of criticism about her on the forum and I did not mean to foment them, I'm not one of the people who usually criticize her, I'm loving a lot this show and I am quite happy she is doing it, I neither think she is in a generally bad vocal form.

Mine was simply ment as a comment about her possible vocal fatigue, , as many times I wrote enthusiast and detailed posts about the qualities of this concert. Here to have fun, not to shade.

Totally understand.  When I first played it, I immediately thought maybe she wasn't feeling her best or like you mentioned vocal fatigue.  After all, she sings pretty high on that song.  And I think it's perfectly fine to have a conversation about how she sounds "live".  But those who come in here to criticize how horrible she sounds as if she's been known for delivering amazing live vocals ever, just astounds me.  She's never been.  Not that I think she's horrible. She's had a lot of great vocal moments.  But I also know that even when singers are having a good night vocally, they still could run into a song or two where there voice may give out or sound more off than usual.  That's all part of the live experience.  There will be times they will screw up lyrics or their voice will do something unexpected.  Those who are super critical about how she sounds should get up on stage and sing a perfect vocal for two hours themselves and see how far they get through without messing up.  Doesn't matter how much of a pro or even how great ones voice is. Even he best vocalists fuck up songs when singing live. :)

31 minutes ago, Thiago Ciola said:

Reported today by a Brazilian journalist and a major Argentine producer that Madonna is finalizing the last details to announce shows in South America.

Madonna has never visited my country so I am sure that if Madonna confirmed her presence the tickets would be sold out in the blink of an eye. In my country everyone adores Madonna, everyone knows who she is when they hear her name mentioned and not like Janet Jackson who almost no one knows in Latin America even though many say that her popularity was similar to that of Madonna in the 80s and 90s

I only hope that the political and social chaos affecting my country does not discourage Madonna from visiting us for the first time and thus being able to see one of my most cherished dreams come true. And the most important thing: to finally be able to say that I was also able to see Madonna live and stop feeling that envy that I have always felt when reading the experiences of other fans who had the joy of seeing her before me.