Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

13 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

It will be called: “Bitch I’m Madonna, a brand new hope episode IV” 

Star Wars Amy GIF

Bitch I'm Madonna would be a perfect title :hearteyes:

5 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Little Sparrow is an absolute dog shit name. Something I expect a Mariah film to be called. 

Change it mom. 

Little Pig for Mariah :lol:

Ending with the Blond Ambition tour is also curious detail. 

So

No songs from 1990 onwards? 

No kids

No SEX backlash

No ageism 

No reinvention

No Grammies

No Evita

No mole disappearance

No Dita

No Earth mother

No Dita

I suppose It's gonna focus a lot more on her rise to fame and her MJ / Sean... Sean / Prince / Warhol / Basquiat / Harring / Flynn / Jellybean / Nile Rogers relationships. Interestingly the most consistent person in her life through this period is Steve Bray. How is that gonna pan out?

I'm excited for this project. I knew not to expect new music and honestly, I'm well satiated in that area. I want Madonna to talk wisdom and what she's learned. Like she sits down on a park bench with us, looks out at beautiful scene mountain landscape with a lake and reflects. What It Feels Like For A Girl would make a great movie title but I think she'll go for Live To Tell.

Julia Garner is a mega talented actress but seems like a strange choice as far as looks go. I trust her judgment in the end. Someone mentioned Tom Holland cast as Sean Pean. Yikes! No way man! Too twinky. Sean looks like he's ready to go off at any moment. Holland looks like he's ready to willingly take it up the ass from Sean. He also looks like a character from the Ants movie.

Could just be me but I don't think there's going to be a chronological order to the movie at all. It might pick up on themes of her life's work such as what it's like to be a woman growing up without a mother, fighting for human rights, the hypocrisy of the church. I do fear it might verge into 'See all the things I've done? You should be praising me for it. Give me all the credit!' rather than 'I'm glad I've done so much in life. Celebrate me while I'm still here.'

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

So

No kids

No SEX backlash

No ageism 

No reinvention

No Grammies

No Evita

No mole disappearance

No Dita

No Earth mother

No Dita

I suppose It's gonna focus a lot more on her rise to fame and her MJ / Sean... Sean / Prince / Warhol / Basquiat / Harring / Flynn / Jellybean / Nile Rogers relationships. Interestingly the most consistent person in her life through this period is Steve Bray. How is that gonna pan out?

I think there's gotta be some confusion here. This is only my personal conjecture. She and Diablo had their schedule to write the script. They finished. Diablo was done, she wasnt fired etc, she had her other obligations. Turned that draft in. A script is NEVER the first draft. Once the Diablo draft was submitted, it was then returned with studio notes/re-writes. We KNOW 100% that this draft had at least up to Ray of Light since when both M + Diablo went live M herself said "Oh YES!"  when asked if ROL was going to be covered. They also read a snippet between her and Paula while she was filming Evita.

Cut to the script doctor/2nd screenwriter Erin. They worked on it quite a bit and I find it hard to believe they would start from scratch and end it with Blond Ambition. It would take more work to cut out 8 years storywise from existing script than starting from scratch. She also thought of titles such as Nobody Knows Me or What It Feels Like a Girl which wouldn't make sense at all if it ends in 1990. Of course, technically it doesn't have to make sense but it makes me feel that its unlikely that it ends in 1990.

Another thing I feel has to be adding to the confusion is the ORIGINAL non-Madonna version which was written and greenlit to go in 2015? 2016? That one WAS titled Blond Ambition. I never read that version that leaked but did that end in 1990? If it did that could be why this is rumored.

Another...when she was posting photos with the script one of the first pages in the script OPENED with her on stage for Blond Ambition insinuating that the rest of the film is a flashback story wise leading back to that concert.

Either way, there's so many possibilities and fans have to remember its going to be a story of her LIFE not about her album cycled so it has to have a plot with a conflict resolution and a conclusion.

Well all of that info in that article didn’t come from Julia Fox so I’m not sure how reliable it is. Sounds like they fleshed it out with a lot of rumours and hearsay.

Ending at BAT could work well but it would probably be very much focused on her rise to fame and the AIDS crisis and ending not long after Keith dies. I can see that working as a really solid movie. But it wouldn’t necessarily be the story of her life, just a segment of it. I suppose the Elton movie was very much like that ending in the 80’s.

12 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I can't and won't believe the biopic will end at tte BAT era. It would be plain stupid to make a biopic on an artist' s life and stop the story before she has the acting role of her life, her first child, second marriage qnd divorce, almost die in CIU, etc....

I thought that at first too. But if you think about it, making a digestible movie 2 hours long covering her entire life is basically impossible. If she ends it at BAT it can tell a really powerful story focused on her rise to fame and how that coincided with her friends dying of AIDS etc. If the film is a huge smash she could maybe do a sequel. And like I said above, the Elton one ended at the release of I’m Still Standing in the 80’s. So it’s not that crazy of an idea.

A movie jam packed with her entire life would probably be weak as it wouldn’t get the chance to delve deep into any one part.

9 hours ago, sara94 said:

Julia Fox Confirms She Was Set to Play Debi Mazar in Shelved Madonna Biopic: ‘I’d Still Love to’ Do It

Fox, who also confirmed she was indeed set to play Debi Mazar in the film, exclusively told IndieWire that Madonna opted instead to go on tour to promote her new album rather than shoot the film.

“I know it was gonna be either tour or movie and then she went on tour,” the “OMG Fashun” host and certified own iconic “Material Girl” told IndieWire. “So I don’t know when the movie will be picking back up again or when they’re going to start working on it again. But I didn’t hear anything. I actually don’t know.”

Madonna co-wrote the script and was set to direct her own life story, as well as personally train Garner to transform into her onstage. The film was officially shelved by Universal in January 2023.

However, according to Fox, the biopic isn’t totally scrapped just yet. Yet Fox’s casting as Mazar might be thrown into question as the years pass, given that the film will center on Mazar and Madonna’s friendship as young adults. The officially untitled film, rumored to be named “Little Sparrow,” is said to culminate with Madonna’s 1990 Blonde Ambition tour.

“I mean, I’d still love to but I genuinely don’t know,” Fox said. “They are going back, you know, when, when they’re like 19 and they first meet. I feel like I might have already aged out of that casting, but we’ll see.”

Fox added, “I love Debi. She’s truly New York royalty, and it would be an honor to play her.”

madonna-julia-fox-debi-mazar2.jpg

To promote her new album? What new album? 

10 hours ago, sara94 said:

Julia Fox Confirms She Was Set to Play Debi Mazar in Shelved Madonna Biopic: ‘I’d Still Love to’ Do It

Fox, who also confirmed she was indeed set to play Debi Mazar in the film, exclusively told IndieWire that Madonna opted instead to go on tour to promote her new album rather than shoot the film.

“I know it was gonna be either tour or movie and then she went on tour,” the “OMG Fashun” host and certified own iconic “Material Girl” told IndieWire. “So I don’t know when the movie will be picking back up again or when they’re going to start working on it again. But I didn’t hear anything. I actually don’t know.”

Madonna co-wrote the script and was set to direct her own life story, as well as personally train Garner to transform into her onstage. The film was officially shelved by Universal in January 2023.

However, according to Fox, the biopic isn’t totally scrapped just yet. Yet Fox’s casting as Mazar might be thrown into question as the years pass, given that the film will center on Mazar and Madonna’s friendship as young adults. The officially untitled film, rumored to be named “Little Sparrow,” is said to culminate with Madonna’s 1990 Blonde Ambition tour.

“I mean, I’d still love to but I genuinely don’t know,” Fox said. “They are going back, you know, when, when they’re like 19 and they first meet. I feel like I might have already aged out of that casting, but we’ll see.”

Fox added, “I love Debi. She’s truly New York royalty, and it would be an honor to play her.”

madonna-julia-fox-debi-mazar2.jpg

On one hand , Julia’s probably right about aging out of the role if it goes back to her and M meeting since Debi is 6 years younger and was a teenager when she worked at Danceteria. BUT, it’s not too much of a stretch. It’s shaving 10-12 years off with makeup and FX. Julia Fox is 34. Julia Garner is 30. Runner up Alexa Demie is 33 and she looked and acted convincingly as a teenager in Euphoria” so anything us possible if M thinks they’re a good fit.

12 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

On one hand , Julia’s probably right about aging out of the role if it goes back to her and M meeting since Debi is 6 years younger and was a teenager when she worked at Danceteria. BUT, it’s not too much of a stretch. It’s shaving 10-12 years off with makeup and FX. Julia Fox is 34. Julia Garner is 30. Runner up Alexa Demie is 33 and she looked and acted convincingly as a teenager in Euphoria” so anything us possible if M thinks they’re a good fit.

If Stockard Channing can play a 16 yr old in Grease, Julia Fox can play Debi in the 80s!!!

2 hours ago, MartinX said:

To promote her new album? What new album? 

Some fans have forgotten or just dismissed that Madonna posed a question in 2022, if she should go on tour in support of the FEL album.  I'm betting that is what that article is basing that "new album" blurb about. As we know, that fleshed out to her ending up doing Greatest Hits tour by incorporating her musical journey for the past 40 years. To me, it all relates. FEL was released and that is when she started kicking the idea around to tour.  I think she knew the film wasn't ready to be made, so she opted to do the tour instead.

44 minutes ago, Donna said:

Some fans have forgotten or just dismissed that Madonna posed a question in 2022, if she should go on tour in support of the FEL album.  I'm betting that is what that article is basing that "new album" blurb about. As we know, that fleshed out to her ending up doing Greatest Hits tour by incorporating her musical journey for the past 40 years. To me, it all relates. FEL was released and that is when she started kicking the idea around to tour.  I think she knew the film wasn't ready to be made, so she opted to do the tour instead.

Stop making sense. Lol

10 hours ago, steady75 said:

Little Sparrow is an absolute dog shit name. Something I expect a Mariah film to be called. 

Change it mom. 

Thank god! I'm not the only one! Thank you! I mean seriously? Little sparrow? Seriously? Even if it's called humor, then It's a terrible humor that can't even think of a light smile on the side of your lips. I thought I was at the Dolly Parton funeral.

28 minutes ago, I am madonna said:

Thank god! I'm not the only one! Thank you! I mean seriously? Little sparrow? Seriously? Even if it's called humor, then It's a terrible humor that can't even think of a light smile on the side of your lips. I thought I was at the Dolly Parton funeral.

I dont think any fan likes that name lol it's obviously just a place holder probably to hide the identity of the script but since she's a boomer she didnt realize we can zoom in. Lo

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

let's not forget 37-year-old Madonna herself playing teenage Eva Peron :eyes:

The Age thing It's all about who surrounds you, all the Euphoria actors are closer to 30 than 18 but in this highschool they look the same age range of hot teenagers.

All the man that surround Teen evita looked older than 17

Edited by littlestartman (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

For me post 1990 is mega interesting so i hope this is not real News.

What's really interesting post 90 is 96-98. She got pregnant, had an actual successful film and won the golden globe, and had one of the best albums of her career and set a standard for all albums post childbirth yet in 2003 told matt laur it was her most depressing time (at that point) because she had all these things but was alone. What's interesting about Madonna is that she shares so much we think that we know everything that there is to know but there's so much more!

Please no flash foward... This is getting so over used, tired and that it makes that effect very tacky at this point. 20 years ago, yeah it was kind of fresh, now it's so expected and unoriginal...

I've never liked that effect to be honest, even when it was fresh. To me it's often used to create a diversion when a movie is kind of flat. That effect is supposed to be the "Woww" moments of the movies. When a movie is good, with a solid storyline and a brilliant director you don't need that kind of tacky effect. 

Most of the best movies of history don't have those tacky "flash foward" effects...

21 hours ago, steady75 said:

So

No kids

No SEX backlash

No ageism 

No reinvention

No Grammies

No Evita

No mole disappearance

No Dita

No Earth mother

No Dita

This is gonna be a fast denouement  with a voice over  , narrating all of this 10 x times the speed. "And she was happy ever after..."