Very honestly, has Taylor Swift surpassed Madonna all-around?

Arckangel

2 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Reminder: bullying other artists is not being a fan. Your fave is not gonna get number one because you stir shit on someone else. 

My dear who’s is bullying an artist? the majority of us are having a laugh in an semiprivate environment, not in twitter or the artists socials, 

I bet the majority of us don’t care at all about this, and laugh about how passionate and cuckoo people can get about a pop star that is 20 younger than them and defend her as if she was paying their bills and loans

Our favorite couldn’t get a number one even if we bring all those 190000000000000 flies to stream her songs day and night. 

Oh well maybe if Taylor herself invites Madonna over for a feat, maybe that day we will see a number 1 again. Another thing that I don’t give a rat ass about if it happened 

15 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Reminder: bullying other artists is not being a fan. Your fave is not gonna get number one because you stir shit on someone else. 

If you were part of the M game in the 90s and 00s (and also the 80s under a certain point of view) ... oh well mate, then you do know what hating an artist is really like :lol: everybody, from critics to omophobic bullies at school to your acid aunt who provoked every time she met you, felt intitled to offend her, her work, her fanbase, your specific taste in music or cultural references. And we took it all in knowing that the main message we listened to by her was: if you sincerely like or believe in something, well fuck them all and go your way, enjoy who you are and grow when you're wrong :Madonna052:

But of course this is about M fans, Swift is about being nice and likable so I guess some opinions and jokes on a Madonna forum can really feel harsh.

(let me precise AGAIN that, even believing in what I'm writing, the tone I'm using is that direct and maybe unpleasent just because we are talking about a very frivolous thing, I don't mean to bully anybody, Swift included; it is kinda part of a game where you loathe some tones to provoke or have fun just because it's not - I really hope - something that could really hurt anybody: I hope this difference between real bullying and animatedly and ironically debating about a light subject is clear and well percieved).

4 minutes ago, stefo said:

If you were part of the M game in the 90s and 00s (and also the 80s under a certain point of view) ... oh well mate, then you do know what hating an artist is really like :lol: everybody, from critics to omophobic bullies at school to your acid aunt who proked every time she met you, felt intitled to offend her, her work, her fanbase, your specific taste in music or cultural references. And we took it all in knowing that the main message we listened to by her was: if you sincerely like or believe in something, well fuck them all and go your way, enjoy who you are and grow when you're wrong :Madonna052:

But of course this about M fans, Swift is about be nice and likable so I guess some opinions and jokes on a Madonna forum can feel too harsh 

indeed @stefoindeed

Madonna is punch that motherfucker in the face

Taylor is if they call you dummy give them a friendship bracelet 

And then we live in a hipersensible society that thinks that calling someone poo (that nobody did though) is the lowest of the low 

Confused Eminem GIF

38 minutes ago, Winn said:

"Bitch I'm Madonna" sounds believable as a means to shut someone down. "Bitch I'm Taylor Swift" has no pull.

Or 
My name is Taylor, I'll be your waitress tonight
I'd like to bring you your French fries… 🎵
I'd like to serve you something nice
If I bring your plate in time, hope it suits your appetite  

If I'm in charge, and I take my time with style  
Will you give me a good tip? 🎵

Give it up, try something new
Give it up and let me cater to you  
I'll bring you love, I’ll serve it with a smile  

Once you’ve tasted what I make, you'll never be the same, there's a certain satisfaction in a dish with just a touch of cardigan 

9 hours ago, MPowered said:

In order to have cultural impact, you need to be an innovator that initiates a certain kind of shift in the industry.

For example: When Lady Gaga appeared on the scene, you could feel and see how much other artists changed in order to be able to compete with her. The entire music industry went "Gaga". THAT is the kind of cultural and LASTING impact that Hitlor Swift will never have.

Taylor is a quantity over quality artist. She released 8 albums over the course of 4 years. That is the reason she is pulling these numbers. Does anything she do musically, fashion-wise or in other regard directly influence other artists, so that they start to adjust? No. Because she only has success, no true impact. She's a businesswoman, not much of an artist. She has a terrible voice, she can't dance or perform. She can write songs (many of them being extremely formulaic and following the same pattern). Her music is just extremely digestible, inoffensive, plain and perfectly adjusted to her target audience.

This is precisely, why she will never be viewed in the same way as someone like Madonna, Michael Jackson or Lady Gaga. These three actually had a kind of impact that went way beyond the money making machine that is Taylor.

Agreed, only she is really benefiting from her success and I would argue it's more her mom and dad who are behind everything, she's the puppet. She's been the industry now for how many years and has how many albums, where is this classic song of hers? Can anyone see Anti hero being played 30 years from now? She can only keep up this pr game for a certain time period, her whole image is based off the media who has hyped her up and covers for her but we all know when they get tired of her and they always do (Britney,Michael, Whitney etc) she's going to have a diffcult time. This is the same person who laid low for 6 years because of Kim and Kayne and that wasn't even that bad. People need to remember the media has always made more money and ratings from someone down fall, there is only so much they can do with this person is great and wonderful, they want blood.

On 9/15/2024 at 5:52 AM, PlayPause said:

Yes she is lol my other fave is Sabrina. Please let us make fun of Taylor since we can't on atrl

On 9/15/2024 at 5:50 AM, PlayPause said:

Mmmh, I wasn't talking to you but maybe Blue Jean and Tudors are the same person?

No and I find his profile Pic problematic and makes the whole site NSFW. It's also disrespectful to Madonna.Now let's be honest you are just mad I made fun of Taylor swift

e7b19000213fb80e11ab151773d12f2eb8389456

On 9/14/2024 at 6:33 AM, MPowered said:

That is very true. However, a lot of extremely obsessive fanbases (mainly Chinese, Japanese and Korean) use certain software (so called "streaming farms") to stream song or music in an endless loop but with quadrupled streams. Taylor has these obsessive fans, especially in the aforementioned countries. Her marketing is modeled and shaped after that of the KPop industry, which is highly manufactured and calculated in every regard, even the private lives of their artists.

Yes, Asia is where most of the manipulating streams come from, even  the Chinese government said you can't trust the info coming from them in regards of sales. Japan is the only country that has an open market with charts and sales and Taylor doesn't do that well over there as one would think which is why her fans are so dismissive of Japan. You would be hard pressed to find sales for most international artist in China and other places which is why I found it hard to believe that we got sales from Taylor regarding some of her albums, they claimed one of her albums  sold over million there but it was later discovered she signed a contract with someone and return they agreed to do a write up claiming she sold over a million. Atrl.net has a large asian fanbase and they talk about alot of this stuff.

On 9/14/2024 at 4:33 AM, MPowered said:

That is very true. However, a lot of extremely obsessive fanbases (mainly Chinese, Japanese and Korean) use certain software (so called "streaming farms") to stream song or music in an endless loop but with quadrupled streams. Taylor has these obsessive fans, especially in the aforementioned countries. Her marketing is modeled and shaped after that of the KPop industry, which is highly manufactured and calculated in every regard, even the private lives of their artists.

How can we buy some of this Chinese streaming people?  

On 9/14/2024 at 3:47 AM, Blue Jean said:

How do people determine that thing about cars? Is it because her fans are all riding horses?

It’s one thing to dislike her (believe me I do), but to pretend she’s not a megastar at this point is just silly. She has reached the Madonna level of fame and popularity. She may even surpass her. I don’t want it to be true. But it is.

No she hasn't, Madonna has been overseas the last 2 years, you notice the amount of attention she gets when shes out and about, look at Brazil and the amount of people standing outside of her hotel to get a view, look at the government officals/poliitcians who attended and don't even like her who attended, I believe she was even given a special key or made a special citizen. Taylor was over there and didn't get anywhere near the attention.  The video of her Italy for her birthday is another example, as well as her other tour stops in Spain, London where they flew a special flag for her outside the royal palace and had her lyrics of her songs spread thoughout the city with neon lights. I also remember 30, 000 people showing up at the airport to see her in the UK and her pepsi commercial which had over 240 million in ratings.

Who's reacting this to Taylor like this?

Edited by Slickness
add word (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Tudors said:

Yes she is lol my other fave is Sabrina. Please let us make fun of Taylor since we can't on atrl

No and I find his profile Pic problematic and makes the whole site NSFW. It's also disrespectful to Madonna.Now let's be honest you are just mad I made fun of Taylor swift

But you ignore me because I don’t worship Sabrina Carpenter 😂

11 hours ago, Tudors said:

You were outvoted. Madonna’s fans said yes, we want bush. I have censored it only to keep the minority at bay.