!!POP EMERGENCY!! Madonna in the Studio With Stuart Price

Rainbow

14 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

I must ‘confess’ that these images have me the most hopeful for a new album I have been in quite a while. 

I have been wishing for another collaboration with Stuart since Confessions, so this would be a dream come true. 

As others have mentioned, the absence of any hashtags relating to the Celebration Tour is a good sign this session is not related to that project as in the past she has been pretty transparent when she is working on the tour videos.

However, in the Instagram day and age, a post like this is still hardly an official announcement. Plans change all the time, projects get shelved etc. 

I’ve been a firm believer that Madame X will be her last full studio album, and while I’m hopeful of being proven wrong, this could still just be for a stand alone song release. I still think she’ll continue to release tracks every now and then but doubtful of a whole album. 

Not wanting to piss in anyone’s cereal - to all those excited for a new M album I truly do hope you (we all) get your wish. 

An honest question, why do you think this? She just came from a very successful tour and in the age of great albums by her competitors, why shouldn’t she make one? I repeat an honest question… 

6 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

New music yes but I don’t think an entire album of original material . I’m thinking an EP or like in olden times (pat benatar, Duran Duran) when some artists added a new song or two to their live release. Madonna likes $ and releasing a full album of new material without touring that album in 2025 is wasting her product.

She just came from one of her most successful tours without investing one cent in new music if her contemporaries can do it so could she, don’t you think 

9 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

New music yes but I don’t think an entire album of original material . I’m thinking an EP or like in olden times (pat benatar, Duran Duran) when some artists added a new song or two to their live release. Madonna likes $ and releasing a full album of new material without touring that album in 2025 is wasting her product.

Of course, I don't limit it to just a full album, but I can't see why not?  Also, who said she won't tour?  She's never indicated she's done touring or making albums.  And yeah, I would think she'd probably head out on tour later next year unless something else comes up.  Touring any new material will be her money maker.  I would think the "biopic" would be the only thing that would hold her back!   Anyway, we're just sharing our opinions.  I'm excited and feel really good about this being a new studio album.  :)

4 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Of course, I don't limit it to just a full album, but I can't see why not?  Also, who said she won't tour?  She's never indicated she's done touring or making albums.  And yeah, I would think she'd probably head out on tour later next year unless something else comes up.  Touring any new material will be her money maker.  I would think the "biopic" would be the only thing that would hold her back!   Anyway, we're just sharing our opinions.  I'm excited and feel really good about this being a new studio album.  :)

I definitely think she’s not done making full length studio albums and I don’t understand why she would ; I think she’ll make them as long as she’s breathing and I’ll listen to them all, on repeat if Stuart is producing. I just think the biopic is at the top of her to do list and the CT film and probable companion audio release is to keep her name percolating as she gets her duck$ in a row to make the biopic.

4 hours ago, Boombox90 said:

Popular isn’t even good. It doesn’t sound like Madonna.

It sounds like the track was ready and just added a singer and a rent-a-rapper. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You don’t like rappers but like Popular, which features a rapper?

The main rapper segment of the song is only 10 seconds and doesn't ruin the song, like Nicki Minaj, 070 Shake, Fireboy DML, Swae Lee, Kanye West, Quavo and other ones she worked before. 

And although you think the song isn't good, it was a smash hit for a long time and I think The Weeknd work is great. 

12 minutes ago, NRMX said:

She just came from one of her most successful tours without investing one cent in new music if her contemporaries can do it so could she, don’t you think 

She doesn’t need new music to tour but on the flip side, recording a full length album and not touring is a waste of all that new material since the real $ isn’t in the sales or streaming.btw  I would LOVE a new full length album. If she doesn’t produce the biopic in 2025 we’ll likely get a full length album of new material, triggering a new era of videos, tour etc.

Just now, bstranger said:

The main rapper segment of the song is only 10 seconds and don't ruin the song, like Nicki Minaj, 070 Shake, Fireboy DML, Swae Lee, Kanye West, Quavo and other ones she worked before. 

And although you think the song isn't good, it was a smash hit for a long time and I think The Weeknd work is great. 

I like The Weeknd’s production on his songs, I’m just not a fan of adding a rent-a-rapper to songs and I’d prefer Madonna alone.

After Taylor releasing so many albums and Kylie pushing them out now....Madonna and price together is just THE DREAM 

Confessions is my fave album ever ....so to have an album to celebrate 50 years since she went to NYC from Detroit would just be phenomenal ....and I'd adore if she got inspired and channelled so much visual storytelling and vibes and dance energy into it all ....like seriously imagine the sheer quality 

15 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I definitely think she’s not done making full length studio albums and I don’t understand why she would ; I think she’ll make them as long as she’s breathing and I’ll listen to them all, on repeat if Stuart is producing. I just think the biopic is at the top of her to do list and the CT film and probable companion audio release is to keep her name percolating as she gets her duck$ in a row to make the biopic.

Oh I agree, as soon as she gets a script approved and she can start production, she'll do the Biopic. Unfortunately, there is no word a script is approved.  Anyway, it shouldn't keep her from making a new album. I knew she would be itching to do so once she got off tour.  I figured she'd head in the studio this fall and there were many discussions I had with others in other threads who argued she was done making albums.

But yeah, we can't be 100% what she's doing in the studio with Stuart because I can see why some would think it's for the Celebration Tour being Stuart worked on that as well.  I guess we'll see soon enoough.  My bet is on a new album though.  Thanks for your lovely discussion on this.  Always love shooting ideas and opinion back and forth with you.  :luv:

10 minutes ago, NRMX said:

An honest question, why do you think this? She just came from a very successful tour and in the age of great albums by her competitors, why shouldn’t she make one? I repeat an honest question… 

That is a good question and I’ll do my best to try to answer it, because to be honest my opinion is nothing more than a vague feeling I guess. 

There’s just something about Madame X that feels final to me. Say what you want about the about the album itself but it’s an artistic statement unlike any other in her career. To me it feels like a last ditch effort to say something that hasn’t already been said.

Then the tour that followed seemed like a really painful and generally unpleasant experience for her which I’m sure left a bad taste in her mouth for the era as a whole. I just wouldn’t be surprised if she felt done with it all after that. 

Add onto that the milestone partnership with Warner (a touchy subject around these parts, I know!), the biopic and the Celebration Tour, it’s been the first time in her career where she’s really looked back for an extended period. Even the drip feed of the single reissues on streaming, like she’s fully embracing being a legacy artist I guess. The biopic in particular says to me that she feels “her story” is over in a sense. 

Then there’s the state of the music industry in general. With the shift away from physics sales to digital, albums are no longer such a focus  they are expensive to make with little guarantee of return, especially if she is no longer going to tour with every album (another development that hasn’t been confirmed but given her age I wouldn’t be surprised if she backs off touring). Drip feeding single tracks (much the same way she has been doing with the single reissues) seems like a safe strategy moving forward.

I’m sure there’s more things that have contributed to my general feeling that MX was the final studio album, but off the top of my head these are the main points I guess.

As with everything I say on here, I’m never pretending to be an insider or have any concrete proof, these are merely my opinions based on a lifetime of hanging on to and analysing every single Madonna move haha. But even still she has surprised me more times than she has been predictable so I’m always willing (and in this case happy) to be proven wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

That is a good question and I’ll do my best to try to answer it, because to be honest my opinion is nothing more than a vague feeling I guess. 

There’s just something about Madame X that feels final to me. Say what you want about the about the album itself but it’s an artistic statement unlike any other in her career. To me it feels like a last ditch effort to say something that hasn’t already been said.

Then the tour that followed seemed like a really painful and generally unpleasant experience for her which I’m sure left a bad taste in her mouth for the era as a whole. I just wouldn’t be surprised if she felt done with it all after that. 

Add onto that the milestone partnership with Warner (a touchy subject around these parts, I know!), the biopic and the Celebration Tour, it’s been the first time in her career where she’s really looked back for an extended period. Even the drip feed of the single reissues on streaming, like she’s fully embracing being a legacy artist I guess. The biopic in particular says to me that she feels “her story” is over in a sense. 

Then there’s the state of the music industry in general. With the shift away from physics sales to digital, albums are no longer such a focus  they are expensive to make with little guarantee of return, especially if she is no longer going to tour with every album (another development that hasn’t been confirmed but given her age I wouldn’t be surprised if she backs off touring). Drip feeding single tracks (much the same way she has been doing with the single reissues) seems like a safe strategy moving forward.

I’m sure there’s more things that have contributed to my general feeling that MX was the final studio album, but off the top of my head these are the main points I guess.

As with everything I say on here, I’m never pretending to be an insider or have any concrete proof, these are merely my opinions based on a lifetime of hanging on to and analysing every single Madonna move haha. But even still she has surprised me more times than she has been predictable so I’m always willing (and in this case happy) to be proven wrong. 

I understand what your’re saying. While Madame X isn’t one of my top listens I appreciate where she went musically and lyrically. Madonna at her strangest is a lot of fun. Part of my basic logic for MX not being her last album release is not because of the album but the tour since it was a painful shit show on her body and by the end, probably her soul. Rebel Heart release was f-ed because of second guessing final version bc of the leaks. I think she  would be  hungry to do another album /era that isn’t sabotaged by her health or rogue technology.

24 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Thank you very much for this well thought and well crafted answer ❤️❤️❤️

I’ll get back to you with my thoughts asap 

Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

31 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

She doesn’t need new music to tour but on the flip side, recording a full length album and not touring is a waste of all that new material since the real $ isn’t in the sales or streaming.btw  I would LOVE a new full length album. If she doesn’t produce the biopic in 2025 we’ll likely get a full length album of new material, triggering a new era of videos, tour etc.

I totally get what you are saying thanks for taking the time to elaborate 😘

42 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I’ve been saying for some time now but not that much that maybe an inspired biopic album could be such a Madonna thing to go. 

2 minutes ago, NRMX said:

I’ve been saying for some time now but not that much that maybe an inspired biopic album could be such a Madonna thing to go. 

Yes! This , a biopic inspired album (new material maybe mixed w original or rare versions in the film) would also give her a different angle than doing a celebration tour 2.0

Real update from the queen today being in the studio with Price.... best news ever!!  She has 3 studio albums to deliver still as part of her Welcome home deal with Warner Music.

"This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna’s debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations."

Madame X was Studio album 14

https://www.wmg.com/news/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone-career-spanning-partnership-35716#:~:text=The deal encompasses her entire,Warner catalog beginning in 2025.

We need a dance banger album to show these children how its done!  =)

2 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

Am I really the only fan that does not want to see a biopic?

I’d much rather read an autobiography then have someone try to play M and capture her.

It’s just impossible.

+ 1 I would rather to read her autobiography book than to watch a visual movie. She has a very strong persona until nowadays, she still isn't only a legacy act and I think no actress could capture her charisma. Another point is: her career is so long and very succesful. I think many important facts would be omitted or simply rushed in few seconds/minutes in the big screen. 

I read all the new posts on here, excited as I am today :lol: 

Well,  she announced she is in the studio with Stuart, not mentioning the CT release and using the caption "Call to London", where she was portrayed leaving a recording studio already weeks ago (at that time everybody here obviously thaught of a CT br technical integration), while the Sun writes she is working to new music since weeks or months. I think we can all agree it's quite plausible that's new music in store. I think to what happened on June 2023, followed by all the love she experienced with such an acclaimed tour: she could have written lines and have had feelings she could be willing to share and transform into music creations. We all noticed how she is back to take care of herself after that, to her image, also her privacy I'd say. She could be inspired, she's got a lot to say imo.

This could also be just a transition project waiting to the movie production (wich I hardly hope won't be approved until she'll be 78 YEARS OLD OR SO ... that's the right moment for the movie, in case) will be able to go on. They're right, that's a possibility: an EP, 5, 6 new songs. I'd be the same excited and super happy if the quality is good as expected :hearteyes: Maybe she doesn't know it either, she's working now and she'll see, even Music wasn't ment to be an album before she thought there was too good stuff to select just two or three songs for a greatest hits.

About the movie @Boombox90 believe me no oppisition was taugher than mine, I feel the bore just reading the possible titles and watching her researches vids on line two years ago. A book would be AMAZING INSTEAD, that would be the kind of bedtime reading I would make the sloooower possible to appreciate every detail of her direct voice.

5 minutes ago, LUKESAVANT said:

Real update from the queen today being in the studio with Price.... best news ever!!  She has 3 studio albums to deliver still as part of her Welcome home deal with Warner Music.

"This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna’s debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations."

Madame X was Studio album 14

https://www.wmg.com/news/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone-career-spanning-partnership-35716#:~:text=The deal encompasses her entire,Warner catalog beginning in 2025.

We need a dance banger album to show these children how its done!  =)

This is interesting that you bring this up because many of us questioned why they listed 17 studio albums.   Maybe the deal was meant to include new studio albums.  But wouldn't you think Warner would have expected a new album before now?  Then again, maybe they were satisfied with Finally Enough Love sandwich in between as that was only a couple of years ago.  Hmmm?