Guys, something has happened to Christopher ?!

Redha DBL

1 hour ago, wonderboy said:

his nephews & nieces are posting on their socials mourning him. Sad for M, if its true that she missed Joan's funeral, that means she missed seeing him 1 last time. Some fan sites are reporting it was suicide, but IDK if I believe that. 

IMG_7989.thumb.jpeg.57a4e042a8b97015bf531a0b19136d6e.jpeg

JoanClareCicconeObituary-VisitationFuneralInformation.thumb.JPEG.a8c2db251bd14c670eb0a59621d8fbc0.JPEG

https://www.reynolds-jonkhoff.com/obituaries/Joan-Ciccone/#!/TributeWall
the mention of Christopher above is from a condolence message for his stepmom. Hopefully the rumors aren’t true.

32 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

TMZ, In Touch, Radar mostly report from their phones , relying on tips from people all over the country; some are regular people as sources, neighbors, etc. If he was dead you’d think someone in Michigan would've contacted  a tabloid by now. My good friend is actually an editor at one of these types of publications ; I’ll message him and see what he has to say.

Jeeezus, not everyone's first thought is to tell the tabloids when something awful happens. Fucking hell...

3 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Jeeezus, not everyone's first thought is to tell the tabloids when something awful happens. Fucking hell...

Not everyone but there’s enough people in the Ciccones or anyone’s family, friends and friends of friends who would.

34 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

https://www.reynolds-jonkhoff.com/obituaries/Joan-Ciccone/#!/TributeWall
the mention of Christopher above is from a condolence message for his stepmom. Hopefully the rumors aren’t true.

Okay, so that message was condolences to Joan, and that person just mentioned Christopher has always spoke fondly of the family dinners she held.  So it wasn't regarding him passing. It was simply that person speaking about her conversations with Chris regarding the family dinners.

I think this is purely a mix up some sort.  I'm betting Christopher is just fine! 

1 hour ago, wonderboy said:

his nephews & nieces are posting on their socials mourning him. Sad for M, if its true that she missed Joan's funeral, that means she missed seeing him 1 last time. Some fan sites are reporting it was suicide, but IDK if I believe that. 

IMG_7989.thumb.jpeg.57a4e042a8b97015bf531a0b19136d6e.jpeg

JoanClareCicconeObituary-VisitationFuneralInformation.thumb.JPEG.a8c2db251bd14c670eb0a59621d8fbc0.JPEG

He could just have had a stroke or not being well from the shock and just being at the hospital , he was close to Joan and called her mom.

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

He could just have had a stroke or not being well from the shock and just being at the hospital , he was close to Joan and called her mom.

IMG_7989.thumb.jpeg.57a4e042a8b97015bf53

I think people are misinterpreting what this meant.  In fact, I am not sure how this constitutes as "mourning him"?   It just sounds like someone from the family sharing their appreciation/love for him.

12 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't think the message in the condolences book has anything to do with his supposed passing but more like one of his friends recounting how he spoke fondly of the dinners.

His last public photo from early september 

FB_IMG_1728082544222.jpg

Literally just came here to say the same thing after reading it again. I do hope he is OK though 🩷 

I don't understand posting cryptic posts and then leaving for the speculation to grow. If someone knows something but can't say, they should wait until they can. There's no need to post in that way because people do jump to conclusions very quickly. Whether we know Christopher or not, people do worry about others, it's called being human. 

EDIT: He looks a lot like Martin in that pic 

16 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't think the message in the condolences book has anything to do with his supposed passing but more like one of his friends recounting how he spoke fondly of the dinners.

FB_IMG_1728082544222.jpg

He looks amazing in this photo and not sick so I really hope it's fake. The Instagram account really needs to acknowledge the mess they have made from what I know

10 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:

Literally just came here to say the same thing after reading it again. I do hope he is OK though 🩷 

I don't understand posting cryptic posts and then leaving for the speculation to grow. If someone knows something but can't say, they should wait until they can. There's no need to post in that way because people do jump to conclusions very quickly. Whether we know Christopher or not, people do worry about others, it's called being human. 

Yeah, but in "what way"??  Matthew simply posted images. I don't see why anyone has interpreted Christopher died/ill simply by Matthew posting those pics? I understand some interpreted it as something it probably was not, but that's not his fault.  There could be any logical reason why he posted those images and then turned off commenting.   In fact, when I first saw those pics he posted, I thought maybe it was P Diddy related.  So this really shows how it's so easy for people to jump to any conclusion.   This is just proof that people should wait and find out the facts before jumping to any conclusions. 

14 minutes ago, Adonna said:

IMG_7989.thumb.jpeg.57a4e042a8b97015bf53

I think people are misinterpreting what this meant.  In fact, I am not sure how this constitutes as "mourning him"?   It just sounds like someone from the family sharing their appreciation/love for him.

He was burying his mother, the one who raised him since he was 5, this girl may not be from the ciccone/fortin/gustafson family and just be an acquaintance since she was a little girl and called him uncle so she's showing support on this tough day for him.

This is all very morbid. I hope everything's ok, i wish Rettenmund would clarify things and say people read too much into his posts but if he knows something and was indeed gagged from saying anything and yet posted these cryptic messages then it's as awful as he should have not posted anything at all and wait for the official announcement.

All in all it's on him.

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, but in "what way"??  Matthew simply posted images. I don't see how why anyone interpreted Christopher has died/ill simply by Matthew posting those pics? I understand some interpreted it as something it probably was not, but that's not his fault.  There could be any logical reason why he posted those images and then turned off commenting.   In fact, when I first saw those pics he posted, I thought maybe it was P Diddy related.  So this really shows how it's so easy for people to jump to any conclusion.   This is just proof that people should wait and find out the facts before jumping to any conclusions. 

I reached out to my editor friend who hasn't heard any news about Chris, but, I'll update if there's any, hopefully positive info. Also, unlike Madonna's other siblings, Chris had direct communication with journalists and tabloids going back at least to his book so he shouldn't be that difficult to contact. I'm guessing someone on this site has a friend or acquaintance with direct access to Chris or his husband.

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

He was burying his mother, the one who raised him since he was 5, this girl may not be from the ciccone/fortin/gustafson family and just be an acquaintance since she was a little girl and called him uncle so she's showing support on this tough day for him.

This is all vert morbid. I hope everything's ok, i wish Rettenmund would clarify things and say people read too much into his posts but if he was gagged from saying something and yet posted these cryptic messages then it's as awful as he should have not posted anything at all and wait for the official announcement.

All in all it's on him.

I guess I'm confused about the pics and why it's being considered "cryptic"?  I agree the timing of the pics with no description in why he posted it, seems a bit odd, but there could be a very logical reason that no one is even thinking.  Everyone's mind is on Joan's death, so I guess people went there regarding Christopher.  I'll respectively disagree though because I don't think "it's on him".  I think it's on the people interpreting and jumping to conclusions. 

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, but in "what way"??  Matthew simply posted images. I don't see how anyone interprets Christopher has died/ill simply by Matthew just posting those pics. I understand some interpreted it as something it probably was not, but that's not his fault.  There could be any logical reason why he posted those images and then turned off commenting.   In fact, when I first saw those pics he posted, I thought maybe it was P Diddy related.  So this really shows how it's so easy for people to jump to any conclusion.   This is just proof that people should wait and find out the facts before jumping to any conclusions. 

The collage was the first post that popped up for me and my first thought was 'gosh, has something happened?'. I thought the no comments were odd and so I looked at his profile and saw the other two posts. I thought as the Girlie Show pic is there with the BA clip & now the LAP one, then maybe they'll be collaborating again.

It was odd for him to turn off comments, but to not at least post saying 'Christopher is fine' after people caught on isn't helping, to be honest. Unfortunately people will jump to conclusions, especially as Joan passed recently, but Matthew is a trusted source so I feel that he has some responsibility if his post has been taken the wrong way.

I'm not believing anything either way until there's something more concrete, of course. 

10 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I reached out to my editor friend who hasn't heard any news about Chris, but, I'll update if there's any, hopefully positive info. Also, unlike Madonna's other siblings, Chris had direct communication with journalists and tabloids going back at least to his book so he shouldn't be that difficult to contact. I'm guessing someone on this site has a friend or acquaintance with direct access to Chris or his husband.

I do but i dare not ask and it's not like they are bff either. We must wait. Meanwhile, pester Rettenmund with messages, he's the one who started it and did nothing to deflate it. It's on him.

3 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:

The collage was the first post that popped up for me and my first thought was 'gosh, has something happened?'. I thought the no comments were odd and so I looked at his profile and saw the other two posts. I thought as the Girlie Show pic is there with the BA clip & now the LAP one, then maybe they'll be collaborating again.

It was odd for him to turn off comments, but to not at least post saying 'Christopher is fine' after people caught on isn't helping, to be honest. Unfortunately people will jump to conclusions, especially as Joan passed recently, but Matthew is a trusted source so I feel that he has some responsibility if his post has been taken the wrong way.

I'm not believing anything either way until there's something more concrete, of course. 

That's fair!  :)  But I still think this idea of people going after him for  allowing them to think something was wrong with Christopher is a bit ridiculous. Yeah, "turning off comments" may seem odd, but there could have been a logical reason for that. I still don't see how it is being interpreted as cryptic or how people came to the conclusion something was wrong with Christopher? 

22 minutes ago, Adonna said:

That's fair!  :)  But I still think this idea of people going after him for  allowing them to think something was wrong with Christopher is a bit ridiculous. Yeah, "turning off comments" may seem odd, but there could have been a logical reason for that. I still don't see how it is being interpreted as cryptic or how people came to the conclusion something was wrong with Christopher? 

by now he must be aware his posts caused some concern even if it was not his intention, he could at least deflate the situation, i'd rather have him being harrassed than the family by some stans who have no qualms asking family members on social media who are already mourning Joan if Chris is dead. Even for Christopher, knowing there's such rumour on the internet as he's mourning his mom it's not cool at all. 

4 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

It's all very confusing... Now i have hope Christopher is alive. 

Stories like this are why I dislike social media and what not.

My first instinct at that post was to deflate it/not take it seriously.  And part of me still thinks that.

At the same time though fans here genuinely concerned about Chris now deserve closure on what the deal is.  

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

FB_IMG_1728082544222.jpg

He has no eyebrows in this photo, so it is plausible that he had gone through chemo recently....