Celebration Tour 1 Year Anniversary

BLUE JEAN

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

I'd like a Kylie Collabo and idc if it goes #1 or not. Me Against The Music didn't go #1 neither and its still iconic, especially the music video. Some songs aren't for the charts but for the culture

Didn’t go to #1 in America but it did in other countrys. And it was top 10 in almost all other countrys..

Loved it..

3 hours ago, sara94 said:

I'd like a Kylie Collabo and idc if it goes #1 or not. Me Against The Music didn't go #1 neither and its still iconic, especially the music video. Some songs aren't for the charts but for the culture

Iconic can be for good and bad in pop culture, Madonna Collab's with other celebs fall mainly in one, especially recently.

I am satisfied with the l Will Survive moment 

Amazing tour.  Only Bummed I didn’t get to see RAIN.

My show favs were mainly the BIG SURPRISES

Bad Girl (Never thought she’d ever sing it on tour. A longtime fav of mine, too)

Nothing Really Matters (Never thought she’d ever sing it on tour)

Bedtime Story (FINALLY! Was annoyed she had NEVER sung it on tour.)

Live To Tell  (those visuals. Chills.)

Erotica (Again? Yay! Long Live Dita!  It may not have topped the thrill and shock of seeing her do Erotica from out of left field for the Confessions Tour.  But this was really PEAK Madonna. So much fun.)

My favourites after rewatching the show last night: 

1. NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (we are in the iconic space here, the rising light circle, the beautiful kimono with the Swarovsky crown, the Frozen imaginary reference: I think it's THE iconic moment of the show, as often the opening numbers are)
  2. LIVE TO TELL (the emotional peak of the show, life, art and society connected simply as they are in real life)
  3. LIKE A PRAYER (the beauty and the reference to the medieval pictorial scenes progression is another imaginary peak of the staging of this masterpiece, 35 YEARS AFTER HIS RELEASE)
  4. EROTICA (Dita back on stage in one of the most entertaining performance of the whole show, mixing the released track with its early version: she simply couldn't miss this appointment and she came in full form for it)
  5. JUSTIFY MY LOVE (the artsy peak of the show, pure beauty and exaltation of the human body)
  6. BAD GIRL (the gift many fans were waiting for since years: the classy peak of the show)
  7. DIE ANOTHER DAY (the Jodorowsky sacred dance reference and the dark mood gave justice to the whole spiritual theme in just one complex performance)
  8. BEDTIME STORY (the idea of the box projection and the flying machine slowly coming to her makes the song visually so simple and effective as better was hard to do)

This show screams ARTISTIC MATURITY, it's a masterpiece of its kind, a genre M herself created and defined. The only pity still is the BIM finale. I still believe she would have made a better choice with Music. If I could chose myself it would have been Avicii's dance Rebel Heart version (also the perfect occasion to finally release it as a single).

Can’t believe it’s a year. I attended opening night 😍

Fantastic show and tour. My only gripe was the inclusion of Erotica AND Justify my Love AND The Beast Within. All 3 of those songs at those lengths IMO was giving a disproportionate time to that moment in time and dragged the show slightly. A mash up/ Stuart Price mix of the three together would have been 🔥 and a highlight. 

2 hours ago, Susan Thomas said:

My favourites after rewatching the show last night: 

1. NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (we are in the iconic space here, the rising light circle, the beautiful kimono with the Swarovsky crown, the Frozen imaginary reference: I think it's THE iconic moment of the show, as often the opening numbers are)
  2. LIVE TO TELL (the emotional peak of the show, life, art and society connected simply as they are in real life)
  3. LIKE A PRAYER (the beauty and the reference to the medieval pictorial scenes progression is another imaginary peak of the staging of this masterpiece, 35 YEARS AFTER HIS RELEASE)
  4. EROTICA (Dita back on stage in one of the most entertaining performance of the whole show, mixing the released track with its early version: she simply couldn't miss this appointment and she came in full form for it)
  5. JUSTIFY MY LOVE (the artsy peak of the show, pure beauty and exaltation of the human body)
  6. BAD GIRL (the gift many fans were waiting for since years: the elegance peak of the show)
  7. DIE ANOTHER DAY (the Jodorowsky sacred dance reference and the dark mood gave justice to the whole spiritual theme in just one complex performance)
  8. BEDTIME STORY (the idea of the box projection and the flying machine slowly coming to her makes the song visually so simple and effective as it was hard to do)

This show screams ARTISTIC MATURITY, it's a masterpiece of its kind, a genre M herself created and defined. The only pity still is the BIM finale. I still believe she would have made a better choice with Music. If I could chose myself it would have been Avicii's dance Rebel Heart version (also the perfect occasion to finally release it as a single).

Almost 💯 agreed

This LAP version didn't make it for me despite the scenography. 

I'll add instead :

HOLIDAY (a sort of meta cheap underground NY drama school theater introducing a straightforward remix featuring an obvious but fitting sample and a fun & vintage choreography ending in the first gut-wrenching moment of the show)

1 year later I hadn't had the chance yet to attend the show, which would happen a couple of weeks later.

Retrospectively, it felt like Blond Ambition tour enhanced, bigger visuals, bolder theatrics, looooooots of hits and easter eggs. Warmer than expected, reminded me that she's a joy.

Loved it. I'll always remember that cute guy behind me, singing so loud and so badly but so fondly throughout the show. 

8 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Almost 💯 agreed

I'll add instead :

HOLIDAY (a sort of meta cheap underground NY drama school theater introducing a straightforward remix featuring an obvious but fitting sample and a fun & vintage choreography ending in the first gut-wrenching moment of the show)

I agree, let's take Holiday in! It's also the best of that set  :Madonna005:

7 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Almost 💯 agreed

I'll add instead :

I wasn't sold on LAP this time, I loved holiday but the damn capes even though a nod to the past were annoying as hell, how good of a number it is that despite of them it shined 😊

crazy how it's been a year already, it was my first Madonna concert that i attended and i'm glad i witnessed it twice :heart:

i stood directly in front of her when she did the acoustic segment and i still can't believe i saw the queen from like less than 2m :Madonna041: