Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Guy isnt to blame, it's down to Madonna. The purpose of the manager is to get shit done because they will make money if their talent makes money. Do u honestly think Guy wouldn't rather make money and let Madonna flop? Do u think he isnt aware of the money he couldve made money off a Blond Ambition DVD? Madonna has the final say. Now her hole is dug too deep. Fans also seen to forget she's sabotaged herself plenty of times during the Warner years. Too stubborn over the final single for Music so she just let it fizzle out. GHV2 could've had a new track that could've been a hit but she was too pissed at Warners and let a celebration of the second half of her career be a lazy compilation. Even MDNA, she didnt do any promo because she herself was over all the promo she did for WE. Guy I'm sure was seeing the writing on the wall and probably was the one who made her attempt a course correct with little interviews. I can guarantee, if she were to get a new manager nothing would change because it's MADONNA who doesn't listen.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Guy isnt to blame, it's down to Madonna. The purpose of the manager is to get shit done because they will make money if their talent makes money. Do u honestly think Guy wouldn't rather make money and let Madonna flop? Do u think he isnt aware of the money he couldve made money off a Blond Ambition DVD? Madonna has the final say. Now her hole is dug too deep. Fans also seen to forget she's sabotaged herself plenty of times during the Warner years. Too stubborn over the final single for Music so she just let it fizzle out. GHV2 could've had a new track that could've been a hit but she was too pissed at Warners and let a celebration of the second half of her career be a lazy compilation. Even MDNA, she didnt do any promo because she herself was over all the promo she did for WE. Guy I'm sure was seeing the writing on the wall and probably was the one who made her attempt a course correct with little interviews. I can guarantee, if she were to get a new manager nothing would change because it's MADONNA who doesn't listen.

Fair enough, but when you consider she could easily retire and spend the rest of her life counting money, she should have the right to take things easier in the second half of her career if she chooses. I don’t think she’s chasing that level of popularity anymore, or she wouldn’t be waiting 5 years and counting to release a follow up to Madame X. 

29 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Fair enough, but when you consider she could easily retire and spend the rest of her life counting money, she should have the right to take things easier in the second half of her career if she chooses. I don’t think she’s chasing that level of popularity anymore, or she wouldn’t be waiting 5 years and counting to release a follow up to Madame X. 

Honestly I think a part of her has given up in that sense. I think this past decade has probably given her the biggest headache in terms of everyone's BS. I would like to think she's happy and that she feels a new sense of freedom to create on her own time. When you take othet artists into account like Cher, Janet, Cyndi...are they REALLY outdoing her? Are they having enormous hits? No. Yet Madonna is the one being called a flop because she's held to some impossible standard.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

Of course everything comes down to her in the end, but manager's work is also convincing the artist why doing something is going to be good for them - and get them to do it.

Quick silly examples: DeMann convincing her to shoot the "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" video in Buenos Aires on her only free day between filming "Evita" or Caresse Henry convincing her to do the "Will & Grace" cameo (OK she wasn't great in this but was good exposure).

The only thing Guy would try to convince her to do are NFTs.

I think she just keep him cause he gets to do the big contract negotiations and she can manage herself in everything else - just the way she likes it.

Poor "MDNA" didn't ever had a chance, she went full into rehearsals for the tour two weeks after the album release?

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Of course everything comes down to her in the end, but manager's work is also convincing the artist why doing something is going to be good for them - and get them to do it.

Quick silly examples: DeMann convincing her to shoot the "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" video in Buenos Aires on her only free day between filming "Evita" or Caresse Henry convincing her to do the "Will & Grace" cameo (OK she wasn't great in this but was good exposure).

The only thing Guy would try to convince her to do are NFTs.

I think she just keep him cause he gets to do the big contract negotiations and she can manage herself in everything else - just the way she likes it.

Poor "MDNA" didn't ever had a chance, she went full into rehearsals for the tour two weeks after the album release?

Lol Freddy was old and she was still young and most importantly she was barely ten years into her career and still in repair mode after Erotica. Of course she was gonna listen to Freddy. As for Will & Grace....really? Not a good example lol. She literally fired her a year later. Like I said, she's in her late 60s and just hit her 40 year milestone. She's not gonna listen to ANY manager. Be glad she even listened to Guy to do that interview with Fallon for MDNA and mentioned Physical Attraction. Guy isn't the issue, it's her. Do you think it's Guy holding the reissues back? No. Do you think it's Guy that wanted that mess of an album MX? No. Guy at the end of the day wants her to make money because HE then makes money. If you think things would change for the better with a management change, you're living in Lala Land. A replacement for Liz can't even last, imagine the horror show for a manager.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol Freddy was old and she was still young and most importantly she was barely ten years into her career and still in repair mode after Erotica. Of course she was gonna listen to Freddy. As for Will & Grace....really? Not a good example lol. She literally fired her a year later. Like I said, she's in her late 60s and just hit her 40 year milestone. She's not gonna listen to ANY manager. Be glad she even listened to Guy to do that interview with Fallon for MDNA and mentioned Physical Attraction. Guy isn't the issue, it's her. Do you think it's Guy holding the reissues back? No. Do you think it's Guy that wanted that mess of an album MX? No. Guy at the end of the day wants her to make money because HE then makes money. If you think things would change for the better with a management change, you're living in Lala Land. A replacement for Liz can't even last, imagine the horror show for a manager.

We're saying the same thing basically: she keeps him cause it's a way of having no manager and managing herself basically :-) And just throwing boring legal negotiations to him when needed.

And after three decades, he's just family to her.

Just now, Prayer said:

We're saying the same thing basically: she keeps him cause it's a way of having no manager and managing herself basically. :-) And just throwing boring legal negotiations to him when needed.

Totally. And no shade to Madonna, she could totally color by the numbers and still have the same results. The only thing is she hasnt had the respect for past 15 years starting with Hard Candy but that's a whole other issue. 

Guy takes over and suddenly she’s leaving Warner and Hard Candy is abandoned? Guy is also in charge of her product and the mastering, quality suddenly changed when he was in charge. It just seems too coincidental to me but maybe you are right. 
Also wasn’t he co manager with Angela Becker til 2008? As soon as he’d seen her off he negotiated Madonna away from Warner into the disastrous live nation 360 deal. Madonna intimately made the decision but you just know it was Guy in her ear suggesting it from the go and he’s have been the one to make her jump. 

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Guy takes over and suddenly she’s leaving Warner and Hard Candy is abandoned? Guy is also in charge of her product and the mastering, quality suddenly changed when he was in charge. It just seems too coincidental to me but maybe you are right. 
Also wasn’t he co manager with Angela Becker til 2008? As soon as he’d seen her off he negotiated Madonna away from Warner into the disastrous live nation 360 deal. Madonna intimately made the decision but you just know it was Guy in her ear suggesting it from the go and he’s have been the one to make her jump. 

Uh...this was HER choice. She had been pissed at Warners for YEARS. fans also seem to rewrite the history of how much they (fans) were eager for her to leave since American Life/Confessions. I'm sure there has to be an archive somewhere of old M message boards from that era. It has been a complaint for over 20 years of everyone but her mishandling albums and promo. Tbh I think the biggest catalyst was the Music era/GHV2.  She herself was eager to leave.

- All Time Top 50 updated (Official, not merged):

01. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 886M

02. Material Girl ("Celebration"/Digital Single Version): 460M

03. Hung Up: 449M

04. La Isla Bonita: 408M

05. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 372M

06. 4 Minutes ("Celebration"/Edit Version): 330M

07. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 291M

08. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 239M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 175M

10. Crazy For You: 140M

11. Papa Don't Preach: 137M

12. Into The Groove: 130M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 111M

14. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 107M

15. Bitch I'm Madonna: 101M

16. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 87M

17. Music: 84M

18. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 82M

19. Medellín: 72M

20. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 68M

21. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 67M

22. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 64M

23. Live To Tell: 61M

24. Take A Bow: 61M

25. American Pie: 57M

26. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 56M

27. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 55M

28. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 55M

29. True Blue: 53M

30. Girl Gone Wild: 52M

31. The Power Of Good-Bye: 52M

32. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 52M

33. Give It 2 Me: 49M

34. Faz Gostoso: 47M

35. Jump: 45M

36. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 43M

37. Die Another Day: 43M

38. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 42M

39. Celebration ("Celebration" Album Version): 40M

40. Ghosttown: 39M

41. Give Me All Your Luvin': 38M

42. Back That Up To The Beat (Demo Version): 38M

43. Who's That Girl: 38M

44. Living For Love: 36M

45. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 35M

46. Don't Tell Me (Album Version): 34M

47. Open Your Heart ("Celebration" Version): 34M

48. Lucky Star ("Madonna" Album Version): 34M

49. Get Together: 27M

50. Beautiful Stranger ("Celebration"/OST Album Version): 27M

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I think the long and short of it is Like A Prayer is not having the desired uplift many would want to make it a viral hit. It’s doing better on ITunes than anywhere which we all know is minimal sales. 
luckily she got 3 million for its use (the 30 has got to be a typo.)

In the end you can not make something go viral, it happens organically or not (and "Bye Bye Bye" is the clear winner in this race).

BUT you can have everything ready to help maximize the impact as much as you can. And Team M didn't do that or did it late:

- Merging the two main versions on Spotify.

- Having an upscaled HD 1080p video on YouTube. The "Like A Prayer" video has only grown around 3M in these three weeks since the movie release, meaning it literally has no replay value at all for Marvel fans checking it out - I would also never go back to it with that 480p old quality, honestly. It's 2024.

- Having the movie versions EP released three weeks ago, not now.

- Resetting the UK charts thing for it to chart higher - I can't believe Team Madonna paid Forbes to have a note on a #95 chart re-entry.

But what's done is done. She can enjoy the money from the sync license I guess. The rest has been messy and shown there are not really any up to date music/digital marketing people around her.

Honestly even a new video just with clips from the film would probably have seen it have a huge boost. It's the Marvel fans that are streaming. All the average videos we got from her in the 80's with random clips from the films would have sufficed. I'm shocked one of you lot hast sorted that yet. Clips of Madonna singing the lyrics in front of the cross inter spliced with clips from the film that have been released. Where my video editors at?

19 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Honestly even a new video just with clips from the film would probably have seen it have a huge boost. It's the Marvel fans that are streaming. All the average videos we got from her in the 80's with random clips from the films would have sufficed. I'm shocked one of you lot hast sorted that yet. Clips of Madonna singing the lyrics in front of the cross inter spliced with clips from the film that have been released. Where my video editors at?

This reminded I saw this one yesterday and, while not perfect, thought it was cute:

So many things they could have done officially but... she's above all that and/or her team are too lazy for it.

2 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

They merged LAP album/celebration/Deadpool EP

Now let's wait for the rest of the catalog #soon

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Finallyyyyyyy. Bit late but at least it’s something. Might help a little bit. Hopefully Material Girl will be too!

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Like A Prayer" FUCKING MERGED!

Watch all the ones criticizing us for demanding the minimum and the basics to celebrate this fact in 1, 2...

Sped up versions when!!!🤬🤬this campaign is going so bad right now we need sped up versions that I can do on my phone in 2 minutes but I want them there🤬 

Lol

18 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Like A Prayer" FUCKING MERGED!

Watch all the ones criticizing us for demanding the minimum and the basics to celebrate this fact in 1, 2...

I bet Madonna and/or her team are in here reading what we say. 

Hopefully they will merge everything: Lucky Star U.S. Remix isn't merged with The Immaculate Collection either, amongst a few others, it's the little things that count to me.