Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, pjackson3 said:

Shame no Holiday as that's where it all began for so many of us....

So if True Blue comes next, are we expecting just the Remix Edit, Colour Mix and Instrumental? Or maybe Album Version, Remix Edit,  Colour Mix and Instrumental. They have not done many of the fades so I would not imagine they would bother. 

All those tracks where on the 35th though so much as I love true Blue, will they release it. I hope so. Love that artwork. 

It wasn't out last year on its 40, why would it be out on its 41st? 

10 hours ago, Erotico said:

It wasn't out last year on its 40, why would it be out on its 41st? 

I wasn't expecting it at all but someone posted they had the single cover from some metadata or something making people think it was coming. As i say, it will be nice if it is released but I am not holding my breath. 

11 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Guys, if Holiday is coming in the next couple of hours (actually two hours and a half), remember: now isn't yet the time PopJustice release the news, right @Prayer?

I suggest you to come back thread in one hour and a half to see if there's something in the X-Tatic Process.

It's not coming.

f2Zs6Vz.gif

Plus "Holiday" is a tricky one for them: it would force them to fix the weird situation with an edit of the "Immaculate" Q-Sound version being the version on the digital "Madonna" album and the one of the song with most streams.

They would need to go merging streams, updating versions, etc. and they're lazy, they didn't merge "LAP" album and "Celebration" until Deadpool kinda forced them to.

Currently these are the "Holiday" versions available on digital/streaming (Spotify streams):

- "Holiday" (Q-Sound Edit) 3:51, on "Madonna" digital album (112M)

- "Holiday" (Original Album Long Version) 6:08, on "Celebration" (83M)

- "Holiday" (Q-Sound Version, Full) 4:05, on "The Immaculate Collection" (11M)

- "Holiday" (7'' Version, longer than the original one), on "Finally Enough Love" (2M)

Would they use the proper 7'' Version from 1983 or the longer one on "Finally Enough Love"? Would they update the edit on the "Madonna" album for the original album version and lose streams? Or put the original extended and lose the power it has on playlists thanks to the edit?

It's too complicated. Much more than merging "LAP" and that took them years to fix.

I doubt they want to go there. Last time they did with "Borderline" it didn't work well and it was a mess of versions and tags on the digital single, so why bother.

Wow @Prayer, Warner doesn't rly want to mess to the wonderful work they're doing to put Madonna's house on Spotify in order... Emilie can go back to her vegan and gluten-free quiche lorraine and enjoy the elevator music from buffet again...

EDIT: Why I said that??? Now I want a quiche lorraine to ham and bacon (pork ham and bacon ofc) with some tare sauce to break the salty from dish... oh my Taurus always screams louder than loudest...

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

It's not coming.

f2Zs6Vz.gif

Plus "Holiday" is a tricky one for them: it would force them to fix the weird situation with an edit of the "Immaculate" Q-Sound version being the version on the digital "Madonna" album and the one of the song with most streams.

They would need to go merging streams, updating versions, etc. and they're lazy, they didn't merge "LAP" album and "Celebration" until Deadpool kinda forced them to.

Currently these are the "Holiday" versions available on digital/streaming (Spotify streams):

- "Holiday" (Q-Sound Edit) 3:51, on "Madonna" digital album (112M)

- "Holiday" (Original Album Long Version) 6:08, on "Celebration" (83M)

- "Holiday" (Q-Sound Version, Full) 4:05, on "The Immaculate Collection" (11M)

- "Holiday" (7'' Version, longer than the original one), on "Finally Enough Love" (2M)

Would they use the proper 7'' Version from 1983 or the longer one on "Finally Enough Love"? Would they update the edit on the "Madonna" album for the original album version and lose streams? Or put the original extended and lose the power it has on playlists thanks to the edit?

It's too complicated. Much more than merging "LAP" and that took them years to fix.

I doubt they want to go there. Last time they did with "Borderline" it didn't work well and it was a mess of versions and tags on the digital single, so why bother.

Yeah they will probably fix Borderline and release Holiday once the Debut re-release is out because then, they will likely remove the old, messed up one.

I think the goal will be to merge the streams of the song versions in the long run but it’s quite tricky and takes time. Borderline is a fucked up mess.

26 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yeah they will probably fix Borderline and release Holiday once the Debut re-release is out because then, they will likely remove the old, messed up one.

I think the goal will be to merge the streams of the song versions in the long run but it’s quite tricky and takes time. Borderline is a fucked up mess.

They fixed "Borderline" on the album (it was the Extended Mix instead of the proper album version up until last year) when the single was released but it was messy, as you said. They didn't dare to touch "Holiday" then, probably because of the weird thing explained in my previous post.

The short edit must be included on many playlists so maybe they don't know what to do about it and prefer to do nothing.

To be fair, managing such a vast catalogue is a nightmare. There's always going to be issues of some kind. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

8 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@Prayer but things wouldn't need to be this way had Warner back in 2005 uploaded the correct versions to each Madonna's album, right???

She's gone through a four decades career of material spanning different main formats: first vinyl mainly, then CDs, then digital downloads, then digital streaming.

True Warner could have put more effort when the digital era arrived and true her staying with them would have probably helped in doing so. I don't think they would have allowed "Celebration" as we got it if she stayed, for instance.

BUT with so many albums and singles, many of them released before digital retailers even existed, it would be almost impossible to not face issues even with maximum care.

It happens with any other artist in her situation, Kylie for instance, she has a complete digital catalogue but not free of issues with covers, some files, releases that are live and then off and then reuploaded, etc. etc.

@Prayer actually all DeCon singles of Kylie, bar Breathe, aren't still available on streaming platforms (most remixes are actually present given they have been used as bonuses to both KM'94 and Impossible Princess reissues as deluxe albums back in 2003 and these versions are present on streaming, plus Hits+ and Confuide In Me 2002 GH have been also present there since). The Australian/New Zealand streaming platforms for Kylie offer a very different range of content since Mushroom has always been her label there (well Liberator for a while but essentially, Liberator = Mushroom) - so several discrepancies between Australasian platforms × rest of the world platforms.

At least when it comes to Madonna's catalogue there are minimal differences, like the Superstar EP and Ring My Bell available to Brazil but not to rest of the world or Love Spent (Acoustic Version) available worldwide bar Brazil. And naturally there's the discrepancy among platforms (as YouTube Music offers the Superstar EP here in Brazil but Apple Music not, for instance).

12 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@Prayer actually all DeCon singles of Kylie, bar Breathe, aren't still available on streaming platforms (most remixes are actually present given they have been used as bonuses to both KM'94 and Impossible Princess reissues as deluxe albums back in 2003 and these versions are present on streaming, plus Hits+ and Confuide In Me 2002 GH have been also present there since). The Australian/New Zealand streaming platforms for Kylie offer a very different range of content since Mushroom has always been her label there (well Liberator for a while but essentially, Liberator = Mushroom) - so several discrepancies between Australasian platforms × rest of the world platforms.

At least when it comes to Madonna's catalogue there are minimal differences, like the Superstar EP and Ring My Bell available to Brazil but not to rest of the world or Love Spent (Acoustic Version) available worldwide bar Brazil. And naturally there's the discrepancy among platforms (as YouTube Music offers the Superstar EP here in Brazil but Apple Music not, for instance).

How come Ring My Balls is available on Spotify (Germany) for me?

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Yeah they will probably fix Borderline and release Holiday once the Debut re-release is out

re-release? was due last year ahahah 

Considering unrelevant singles being out, it's a shame her very first number 1 single doesn't have a proper digital single release.

But we know how they handle it all....

1 hour ago, MPowered said:
4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I love that short version of Holiday on the digital MADONNA album. I'd hate to lose it if they replaced with the actual version so a Holiday EP is very that for me. 

19 hours ago, Prayer said:

She's gone through a four decades career of material spanning different main formats: first vinyl mainly, then CDs, then digital downloads, then digital streaming.

True Warner could have put more effort when the digital era arrived and true her staying with them would have probably helped in doing so. I don't think they would have allowed "Celebration" as we got it if she stayed, for instance.

BUT with so many albums and singles, many of them released before digital retailers even existed, it would be almost impossible to not face issues even with maximum care.

It happens with any other artist in her situation, Kylie for instance, she has a complete digital catalogue but not free of issues with covers, some files, releases that are live and then off and then reuploaded, etc. etc.

Yeah exactly. They will have to sort Holiday out at some point however when they do eventually upload the single.

On 9/6/2024 at 5:35 AM, Prayer said:

That can't have been random, and I wonder who had that idea. They should replace that edit with the original album/12" version of "Holiday." All the streams of that edit would count towards the original album version and perhaps also the Celebration version. Or they could have that edit (Q-Sound Mix Edit) as a bonus track on the digital "Holiday" single (whenever they release it).

As for the playlists that list the edit, the playlisters could always opt for the version available on The Immaculate Collection or Finally Enough Love.

They should also fix "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" on The Immaculate Collection and replace them with the Q-sound mixes, and also fix "Crazy for You" on Something to Remember (apparently, the digital upload is not the same as the original CD version). And they need to fix several more mistakes as well: erroneous or superfluous song subtitles on The Immaculate Collection ("Crazy for You," "Into the Groove," "La Isla Bonita"), erroneous song subtitle on I'm Breathless ("Vogue"), duplicate track (was that fixed yet?) on the "Deeper and Deeper" EP, missing subtitles and erroneous first track on the "Borderline" single, and maybe a few more.

46 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

That can't have been random, and I wonder who had that idea. They should replace that edit with the original album/12" version of "Holiday." All the streams of that edit would count towards the original album version and perhaps also the Celebration version. Or they could have that edit (Q-Sound Mix Edit) as a bonus track on the digital "Holiday" single (whenever they release it).

As for the playlists that list the edit, the playlisters could always opt for the version available on The Immaculate Collection or Finally Enough Love.

Thing is, that incorrect edit of "Holiday" on the "Madonna" digital album must be included on many playlists and performing well (hence its figures) to Warner to decided to not update it. If suddenly they replace the file for the longer original album version, it could damage that performance. It would be a 6 minute track versus a less than 4 minutes version.

The original playlisters wouldn't take the time to delete it and look for another proper edit.