MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

21 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

No meltdowns lately? It mostly looks like a “meh” reception for this

Don't see a point for a meltdown since this is simply an Amazon exclusive release.  If you're not interested in the colored vinyl, don't buy it.  If you are, then buy it.  I suppose it's just one of many upcoming things going to be made available once the tour kicks off. 

1 hour ago, Diieeego said:

No meltdowns lately? It mostly looks like a “meh” reception for this

Everyone is saving their meltdowns for the Celebration Tour setlist when she performs Frozen on Fire, Material Gwoorl and Hung Up on Tokischa instead of Rescue Me and Causing a Commotion :laughing:

In a range of Diamond encrusted grills!!

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Don't see a point for a meltdown since this is simply an Amazon exclusive release.  If you're not interested in the colored vinyl, don't buy it.  If you are, then buy it.  I suppose it's just one of many upcoming things going to be made available once the tour kicks off. 

Melt the fuck down gays!!! I want to see people kicking and screaming on the floor in a pool of tears 

16 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Exactly- the people moaning about the prices of the box sets are happy to shell out $50 on a hologram sleeve or more vinyl reissues - I would pay £200 for a Madonna box set if it was anything like the Prince releases but so far all they are doing is just throwing scraps at us and laughing probably at how easy it is to please vinyl fans …

I understand the passion for vinyl even if I'm not interested in this format. At least it's classic physical music collecting and not damn Spotify. Streaming is cold, impersonal and has no soul! But it looks like nothing is happening at Warner. With the exception of endless vinyl editions (in every color imaginable) and a few digital releases of old singles. If that's all, she could have continued with Interscope...

2 hours ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

I understand the passion for vinyl even if I'm not interested in this format. At least it's classic physical music collecting and not damn Spotify. Streaming is cold, impersonal and has no soul! But it looks like nothing is happening at Warner. With the exception of endless vinyl editions (in every color imaginable) and a few digital releases of old singles. If that's all, she could have continued with Interscope...

With Interscope we wouldn't even have the old singles cause they're all Warner.

5 hours ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

Thanks to the Powers that Be you're not part of her team!

31 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Rumour has it, Ray of Light is coming out on silver vinyl for RSD in November. 

No negativity please, as this isn't part of the reissue project and just another quick cash grab. 

I'm not complaining cause it is what it is in the end. It's business, their goal is to make money. And of course people can buy them or not.

But I do think that all those little things delay or put apart some other projects. I'm not saying we'd have the first big reissue now if it wasn't for all of those other releases ("Madame X Tour", now the silver reissues, etc.), but it's logical that if there are little things along the way, they need to make room for them and not oversaturate the fans.

I'm not saying is bad, but it's just completely unexciting. Silver "True Blue", Silver "ROL"... OK. Good but... we've seen it all before.

Let's hope they give us something "new" soon.

What I don’t understand is: why release this now if they’re surely planning on a more exciting true blue release? Wouldn’t this kinda water it down? I suppose there’s people that will buy anything multiple times but then there’s people that will not, and they’re missing their business with a pointless silver vinyl. 

bizarre business model to say the least 

2 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

What I don’t understand is: why release this now if they’re surely planning on a more exciting true blue release? Wouldn’t this kinda water it down? I suppose there’s people that will buy anything multiple times but then there’s people that will not, and they’re missing their business with a pointless silver vinyl. 

Nothing bizzare at all. It will cost nothing to produce, and it's not like they stopped the black usual reprint of Warner because of the deal. Colletcors will buy this one AND the deluxe when it will be released. And actually, not fans are probably more interested in a regular album and not and expensive deluxe. I like Prince but I'm not a fan and I would never spend all that money for his deluxes box sets, I will probably buy the 2 cdr edition of the new reissue for Diamond And Pearls like a did with 199 etc and tha't it. 

33 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

What @cosmic_systemsaid plus probably there's some kind of agreement with Amazon: we give you a big Madonna release for this Amazon exclusive campaign ("True Blue" is her biggest studio album ever) and in exchange you give us something (money, promotion for future Warner releases on the platform, whatever they have agreed on).

In the end, legacy labels models like Rhino (Warner) or Legacy (Sony) are based in selling the same thing over and over again. Unless the artist is dead and have tons of unreleased material (Prince), it's usually just the same thing "remastered" and with different packaging.

I don't know who it was but I remember someone said the music business is one of the few industries where you can sell the same thing two, three and even more times. The greatest hits/compilation concept, quite dead nowadays but big back in the day, was basically this concept: "we'll put together all the songs you already have plus a couple of new ones and you'll buy it again!". And we did...

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Rumour has it, Ray of Light is coming out on silver vinyl for RSD in November. 

No negativity please, as this isn't part of the reissue project and just another quick cash grab. 

This would make sense. It’s the 25th anniversary, and they did a RSD colored vinyl run (can’t remember what) for its 20th as well.

I'll be disappointed if Ray of light is the RSD release, with all the things they could do. Why not something we've never had on vinyl? Like, the Celebration tour will have started by then, give us the single disc edition of Celebration on vinyl for example. Or an old single that was never release on 12" picture sleeve, like Oh Father or Girl gone wild

14 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I'll be disappointed if Ray of light is the RSD release, with all the things they could do. Why not something we've never had on vinyl? Like, the Celebration tour will have started by then, give us the single disc edition of Celebration on vinyl for example. Or an old single that was never release on 12" picture sleeve, like Oh Father or Girl gone wild

IF they will ever made Celebration single disc on vinyl it will be for a wide release. They releases are attatched to anniversaries now, WTG RSD was for the 35th asnniversary, American Life for the 20th, Everybody last year was for the 40th etc. So Ray Of Light makes more sense than Oh Father or Girl Gone Wild (that it's still an Interscope single, if they will do stuff with that era it will be from 2025 when Warner will get those albums). 

Just like they did with the Erotica Picture Disc (eve if it wasn't a RSD release) I was hoping for Lucky Star 12" Sunglasses cover. I'm not suprised by a 25th Colored edition of ROL, everybody is basically doing this with anniversary now. But I'm suprised is nothing more special since all they did since she signed the new deal were special and "new" releases and nit stuff they already did before the deal (like the 20th anniversary edition on clear vinyl).