MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

The True Blue vinyl has probably nothing to do with the new Warner Deal. Warner could (and altready did before she signed the new contract) release stuff that was already released without changing a thing, colored vinly are a way to re-release an album without the artist approval. As I already said in the vinyl thread this is probably part of an  Amazon Exclusive collection of vinyl by varius artists, and Madonna is part of it with True Blue. 

No need to going in total meltdown over it. 

6 hours ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

If we ever get deluxe editions of her albums then I hope it´s not just vinyl. I always hated the format, the big sleeves are beautiful but I´m not a fan of the sound quality. But that´s just me! I love CDs and will continue to buy them. "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince is also coming out soon, not exactly cheap, but comprehensive.

I guess, just like Prince, Warner will ignore some of her lesser known albums like her underrated masterpiece BEDTIME STORIES or I´M BREATHLESS. The 3 Prince albums that have been released in deluxe versions so far were his 3 most successful (1999, PURPLE RAIN, SIGN O´THE TIMES).

Exactly- the people moaning about the prices of the box sets are happy to shell out $50 on a hologram sleeve or more vinyl reissues - I would pay £200 for a Madonna box set if it was anything like the Prince releases but so far all they are doing is just throwing scraps at us and laughing probably at how easy it is to please vinyl fans …

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

The True Blue vinyl has probably nothing to do with the new Warner Deal. Warner could (and altready did before she signed the new contract) release stuff that was already released without changing a thing, colored vinly are a way to re-release an album without the artist approval. As I already said in the vinyl thread this is probably part of an  Amazon Exclusive collection of vinyl by varius artists, and Madonna is part of it with True Blue. 

No need to going in total meltdown over it. 

Yeah, this is merely Warner cashing in on the Colored Vinyl trend right now.  Also Amazon lately has been offering a lot of exclusive editions of many other artists only available exclusively through them.

The bigger deluxe re-issues will span between all formats and be a bigger deal and available through her official store as well.

I'm going to bet, there might be other Vinyl albums re-released with different colors  to coincide with the tour as well. It might become part of the tour merchandise. This all could be part of the deal as well, but hardly what they were referring to as the Deluxe Expanded re-issues they plan to release in the future.  Possibly, they are waiting for the anniversary of Like A Virgin next year to re-issue that album in a Deluxe Expanded edition.  We as fans tend to assume more than what was ever promised.  Also, every album seems like a "landmark" album to us, so it's possible they are only planning to re-issue expanded deluxe album of a few particular landmark albums.

13 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well when they released the clear editions some remastering was done and they sound much better than any previous pressings. 
I’m pretty sure this will be the same pressing on a different color…

They used the stampers from 2012 for the clear editions. They were just pressed better (maybe it was the actual vinyl that was of better quality or the pressing plant didn’t have an intern pushing the buttons who knows) but the clear editions had not been remastered. 

8 hours ago, RyanUK said:

I’m waiting to see if this release is part of a wider deluxe release. Maybe more items will be announced over the next couple of days? I’ll be really let down if this is it though. 

The amazon listing does say “the silver collection”. Maybe there will be other albums pressed on silver? 🤷‍♂️ So random lol.

22 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

The amazon listing does say “the silver collection”. Maybe there will be other albums pressed on silver? 🤷‍♂️ So random lol.

"The Silver Collection" is an Amazon exclusive.  They have many other artists which they are exclusively selling Vinyls under "Silver Edition Collection". The majority are actual Greatest Hits collections though.  Anyway, this is merely Warner providing Amazon an "exclusive" edition to sell.  Whether this really has anything to do with the 2021 deal outlined by Warner/Madonna, who knows?  It still doesn't take a way that other things are in the works like deluxe expansive editions as well as more curated new releases.  This is more about providing Amazon with an exclusive item which I'm sure we are going to see more of once the tour kicks off, to capitalize on her back catalog that is being toured. I have a hunch Madonna's own official store will start carrying various editions of her albums in all formats, including colored vinyls, CDs, cassettes and other merchandise beyond just music, to coincide with the tour. 

36 minutes ago, McDonna said:

"The Silver Collection" is an Amazon exclusive.  They have many other artists which they are exclusively selling Vinyls under "Silver Edition Collection". The majority are actual Greatest Hits collections though.  Anyway, this is merely Warner providing Amazon an "exclusive" edition to sell.  

Ah ok. Makes sense. Kind of like when Rhino did the white vinyl run of Like A Virgin as part of their “Back to the 80’s!” series.

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

Ah ok. Makes sense. Kind of like when Rhino did the white vinyl run of Like A Virgin as part of their “Back to the 80’s!” series.

Yeah, something of that sort.  And I do think more of these sort of things will pop up once the tour begins because more people will be looking to buy Madonna merchandise.  I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's own official store will be offering some of her albums (original tracklisting) in various formats, including CDs, cassettes and colored vinyls. 

5 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

They used the stampers from 2012 for the clear editions. They were just pressed better (maybe it was the actual vinyl that was of better quality or the pressing plant didn’t have an intern pushing the buttons who knows) but the clear editions had not been remastered. 

Whatever they did worked great. 
I don’t have any of the 2012 black pressings to compare. But I did have the white and Sainsbury Like A Virgin and they both sound inferior to the crystal clear

58 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, something of that sort.  And I do think more of these sort of things will pop up once the tour begins because more people will be looking to buy Madonna merchandise.  I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's own official store will be offering some of her albums (original tracklisting) in various formats, including CDs, cassettes and colored vinyls. 

I know most don't care but it's quite annoying the lack of digital downloads for videos,singles or 24 bit albums on her store

7 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I know most don't care but it's quite annoying the lack of digital downloads for videos,singles or 24 bit albums on her store

Because there is virtually no market for it.  People mostly stream and if they are looking to digitally download they go to popular digital platforms (but not so much anymore) like Itunes, Beatport and Amazon to download.