💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤

On 9/14/2024 at 4:00 PM, Adonna said:

I agree.  My thought we're getting alternate remixes or early demo version of the singles that haven't been officially released and possibly an early version/remix of tracks such as "Freedom", "Let Down Your Guard" and/or "Your Honesty". 

That might be the case.

Maybe we are getting unknnown demos worked with the final producers rather than the Shep sessione, even though to me they are the most sought after works I'd like to hear!

16 minutes ago, sbrombolessio said:

That might be the case.

Maybe we are getting unknnown demos worked with the final producers rather than the Shep sessione, even though to me they are the most sought after works I'd like to hear!

Yeah, I'm doubting anything from Shep sessions since she abandoned that direction to go more R&B.  I suspect the majority of it will just be remixes of the major singles from the album.  I don't consider "Freedom", "Your Honesty", and "Let Down Your Guard" as unreleased, being "Your Honesty" and "Let Down Your Guard" were released on a single and EP.  And while "Freedom" was released on a Madonna album/ep/single, it still was released.  Anyway, you never know what they'll consider "unlreleased".

3 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Let Down Your Guard is on the Secret single.

Your Honesty is on Remixed & Revisited.

Both are Madonna projects, both are officially released.

The end. :kiss2:

Do you wanna make some profit of this occasion and tell something else about Naptime, carissimo mio?? We're all eyes and ears to your words, beloved...

6 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Didn’t the original info we got regarding g this say there would be eight tracks, only six of which were previously unreleased, meaning it features two previously released tracks?

13 hours ago, PlayPause said:

I don't think there was ever a mention of the ILNY track version on this tracklist . The "(demo)" brackets on Wikipedia or some other sites are not the official listing. This mix doesn't have a title different than the regular COADF version.

screenshot-mad-eyes.net-2024_09.15-10_56_59.jpg.90b4fade51dd25789d0c2ff40e28fc5f.jpg

100%

It’s completely polished and finished, they just chose to update the sound to fit in on Confessions. :heart:

On 9/15/2024 at 9:59 AM, PlayPause said:

I don't think there was ever a mention of the ILNY track version on this tracklist . The "(demo)" brackets on Wikipedia or some other sites are not the official listing. This mix doesn't have a title different than the regular COADF version.

screenshot-mad-eyes.net-2024_09.15-10_56_59.jpg.90b4fade51dd25789d0c2ff40e28fc5f.jpg

correct, I never had it named as demo. Maybe it's because it has a similar sound to the instrumental demo. And someone somewhere  add that demo bit.

On 9/15/2024 at 5:52 PM, Dazedmadonna said:

I agree but LDYG is on the Secret single only in certain territories.

I wonder if this is really happening, if we can expect her to release what could be bonus material from her albums as stand alone releases instead of doing the usual deluxe version. 

Warner who is now in charge of Bowie's back catalogue (but not via Rhino though) released a demo/unused material/ B sides version of Ziggy Stardust for RSD last april  then they released a complete box set in june

39 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder if this is really happening, if we can expect her to release what could be bonus material from her albums as stand alone releases instead of doing the usual deluxe version. 

Warner who is now in charge of Bowie's back catalogue (but not via Rhino though) released a demo/unused material/ B sides version of Ziggy Stardust for RSD last april  then they released a complete box set in june

But that's because Bowie is dead. And you know how happy are to 'open vaults' and release every single cassette they found while hoovering the studio, under a sofa.

But Madonna is precious about this stuff and perfectionist. that's why we don;t have any of the special anniversary boxes with new material and demos.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

but bowies is dead

On 9/15/2024 at 5:37 PM, Adonna said:

You're right.  After I posted, I looked at the track listings on my CD and didn't see it listed as "demo".  To me, it seems like it was implied as a demo being it was created on tour and it's not as polished as COADF version.  But I think most of us fans differentiate it as the "Rock version" as well. :)

The Promo CDr lists it as "Rock Version", so that would be the closest thing to a proper, correct labelling of that version (the CDs had no mention of it being any different from the Confessions version, and the Spotify version had it listed as "I Love New York - Live").

https://www.discogs.com/release/15519652-Madonna-Im-Going-To-Tell-You-A-Secret

Despite this it is commonly known that this rock version is an early version. It was probably mastered for the live album, just like how Back That Up got mastered when its demo got released.

On 9/15/2024 at 12:05 PM, shakeyerdix said:

They totally can rework a demo to complete the track and make it sound like a finished song.

They have multitrack so it's not very difficult to work on it. Do we know if Your honesty was totally finished in 1994 ?

Just hoping.

Yes it was. Most of Dallas Austin's work from Bedtime Stories was remixed near the end of the album completion in hopes to give it more of a pop feel, less urban.

Daniel Abraham reworked "Keep On" as "Don't Stop", and "Honesty" was reworked as "Your Honesty". Though as we know only "Don't Stop" made it to the album. "Your Honesty" was then set to appear on the 2003 boxset that got scrapped and the song instead appeared on Remixed and Revisited.

Secret is the only song that appeared on the album with Austin's production intact. Let Down Your Guard and Freedom were later released, but as rare tracks, and Right on Time was left unreleased.

16 hours ago, Curtains said:

The Promo CDr lists it as "Rock Version", so that would be the closest thing to a proper, correct labelling of that version (the CDs had no mention of it being any different from the Confessions version, and the Spotify version had it listed as "I Love New York - Live").

https://www.discogs.com/release/15519652-Madonna-Im-Going-To-Tell-You-A-Secret

Despite this it is commonly known that this rock version is an early version. It was probably mastered for the live album, just like how Back That Up got mastered when its demo got released.

Yes it was. Most of Dallas Austin's work from Bedtime Stories was remixed near the end of the album completion in hopes to give it more of a pop feel, less urban.

Daniel Abraham reworked "Keep On" as "Don't Stop", and "Honesty" was reworked as "Your Honesty". Though as we know only "Don't Stop" made it to the album. "Your Honesty" was then set to appear on the 2003 boxset that got scrapped and the song instead appeared on Remixed and Revisited.

Secret is the only song that appeared on the album with Austin's production intact. Let Down Your Guard and Freedom were later released, but as rare tracks, and Right on Time was left unreleased.

What boxset?!?! :eyes:

5 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

What boxset?!?! :eyes:

They were planning on a 20th anniversary box set with all albums remastered by Stuart Price with bonus tracks but (OF COURSE) it was canceled when Madonna's manager left. Guy obviously couldn't be bothered taking charge of such a release. 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

They were planning on a 20th anniversary box set with all albums remastered by Stuart Price with bonus tracks but (OF COURSE) it was canceled when Madonna's manager left. Guy obviously couldn't be bothered taking charge of such a release. 

Angela was still working on a tour boxset tho.

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Never heard Stuart worked on the box set, just that he was working on 5.1 versions AFTER it was canceled when other artists started releasing 5.1 albums. Plus word was always that once AL flopped Warner didnt wanna put money or time into it, nothing having to do with Guy or Caresse getting fired. There was also going to be an American Life Remixed album that never got released.