💤 Susan Thomas’ Nap Time 💤

• ChrisK unfeatured this topic

It's interesting to note that every other release seems to be part of the official list, except for "Nap time", unless it really went as a code name for something else. I always imagined it was quite a big release to be RSD exclusive, but then some of these are just "first release" with a whole press coming later. Meh.

I guess it will join the reissues when...they come.

34 minutes ago, Frozen98 said:

Any news from this release ?

Yep. Emily and Madame X decided to cunt it up by troll-listing the release with a not-so-cryptic code name. Just to edge and nipple tease us before withdrawing quicker than a ray of light. We are their Subs. It’s how Dita gets her kicks. 

32 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

It's interesting to note that every other release seems to be part of the official list, except for "Nap time", unless it really went as a code name for something else. I always imagined it was quite a big release to be RSD exclusive, but then some of these are just "first release" with a whole press coming later. Meh.

I guess it will join the reissues when...they come.

Yea, I agree, it was a very big release content wise - I still hold hope it might be part of a broader re-release. 

I think it’s time to realise that we are never going to get deluxe editions of her albums. I don’t doubt that it was part of the original plan, but that plan has clearly changed over time. I remember reading that press release in 2021 and seeing it mentioning her curating expanded deluxe editions and being sceptical then about them ever materialising. My two cents, she’s never been an artist who wants to look back, she always wants to keep looking forward and releasing new music. I think she looks at releasing deluxe versions of her old music makes her feel like a legacy act, and we know how she feels about that. It’s sad, but it is what it is. I do wonder how they are going to “celebrate” her first landmark album next month. 

1 minute ago, RyanUK said:

I think it’s time to realise that we are never going to get deluxe editions of her albums. I don’t doubt that it was part of the original plan, but that plan has clearly changed over time. I remember reading that press release in 2021 and seeing it mentioning her curating expanded deluxe editions and being sceptical then about them ever materialising. My two cents, she’s never been an artist who wants to look back, she always wants to keep looking forward and releasing new music. I think she looks as releasing deluxe versions of her old music makes her feel like a legacy act, and we know how she feels about that. It’s sad, but it is what it is. I do wonder how they are going to “celebrate” her first landmark album next month. 

With a silver vinyl and a candle - mark my words lol