Queen of making great albums, Katy Perry: “Madonna is the Greatest…Every Female Needs To Say ‘Thank You’ To Her”

Tudors

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Hard Candy was pretty a very solid album compared to everything Madonna has been doing afterwards, Madame X included.

But each one has their taste I guess.

Agreed.

MDNA has some good songs on it and so does Rebel Heart, but I just can’t get into Madame X.

Some of the remixes from Madame X are great, tho.

I am absolutely living for the trainwreck that is this album's promotional cycle.  Whether it's Katy destroying protected habitats in Spain for a video shoot, the insensitivity of using Crystal Waters Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) as an uninspired sample during one of the worst affordability crises in modern history, the fact that her album is the lowest rated female album of all time on metacritic, working with a rapist on a female empowerment "anthem" with the dumbest lyrics imaginable, shooting a video for this female empowerment "anthem" which is nothing but objectifying the female form for the male gaze, defending her music video as "satire" in an embarrassing backpedal once she realized everyone hated it, offering this “anthem” to presidential candidate Kamala Harris who turned it down, or her defending herself working with the rapist with the excuse "I have children!" (paraphrasing of course).  Absolute chaos and she deserves every moment of it.

10 minutes ago, Tudors said:

La da Di da da da la da Di la da it's katys. It's hers! Love your negative Nancyness pure anger. Very attractive! Crystal waters is FABULOUS for a throwback dahling!

I’ve always been partial to 100% Pure Love and Say… If You Feel Alright but yeah Gypsy Woman is a classic!

26 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I am absolutely living for the trainwreck that is this album's promotional cycle.  Whether it's Katy destroying protected habitats in Spain for a video shoot, the insensitivity of using Crystal Waters Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) as an uninspired sample during one of the worst affordability crises in modern history, the fact that her album is the lowest rated female album of all time on metacritic, working with a rapist on a female empowerment "anthem" with the dumbest lyrics imaginable, shooting a video for this female empowerment "anthem" which is nothing but objectifying the female form for the male gaze, defending her music video as "satire" in an embarrassing backpedal once she realized everyone hated it, offering this “anthem” to presidential candidate Kamala Harris who turned it down, or her defending herself working with the rapist with the excuse "I have children!" (paraphrasing of course).  Absolute chaos and she deserves every moment of it.

Do you feel this way about Gaga working with R. Kelly?

I’m His, He’s Mine is a million times better than Gypsy Woman.

Let’s be honest.

2 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

Let’s be honest.

I don’t know how much Gaga knew at what time but at least that song was scrubbed from existence and replaced by the Christina Aguilera version once he was put in jail.  That was likely Gaga trying to be edgy (and I am not a fan of hers at all) during her messiest era.

18 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I don’t know how much Gaga knew at what time but at least that song was scrubbed from existence and replaced by the Christina Aguilera version once he was put in jail.  That was likely Gaga trying to be edgy (and I am not a fan of hers at all) during her messiest era.

Buddy… everyone knew. She made a video mocking r*pe with him, shoot by an ab*ser filmmaker, so there was clearly a concept. And she's still working with a terrible abusive person in her team, so that says something.

Margot Robbie and Taylor Swift worked in a movie made by an ab*ser (Amsterdam) and are considered female empowerment symbols by today standards. Not that they don't deserve it (because they do), but let's not pretend that this industry doesn't function based on hypocrisy and selling us a fake image of celebrities just for entertainment and to feel better about ourselves and our morals. In fact, we love it that way. And if we didn't, we wouldn't be talking about it in something as frivolous as a pop music forum lol.

11 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

Buddy… everyone knew. She made a video mocking r*pe with him, shoot by an ab*ser filmmaker, so there was clearly a concept. And she's still working with a terrible abusive person in her team, so that says something.

Margot Robbie and Taylor Swift worked in a movie made by an ab*ser (Amsterdam) and are considered female empowerment symbols by today standards. Not that they don't deserve it (because they do), but let's not pretend that this industry doesn't function based on hypocrisy and selling us a fake image of celebrities just for entertainment and to feel better about ourselves and our morals. In fact, we love it that way. And if we didn't, we wouldn't be talking about it in something as frivolous as a pop music forum lol.

Ugh I really don’t like Gaga.  I tend to pay less attention to the personal lives of artists and actors so this is all news to me.  But thank you, that kinda confirms my inklings that she’s an incredibly fake person.

14 hours ago, Boombox90 said:

Let’s be honest.

The bottom line though is that if the music was great the general public wouldn't care about the Dr Luke thing, for better or worse. The floppage has little to do with that, which only hardcore pop stans even know about. But it should definitely be something people try and be consistent about rather than just stan wars - Gaga was definitely wrong to work with R Kelly but at least she later apologised and admitted she was trying to shock. The thing with the member of her current team having complaints against them is worse unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, Debord said:

The bottom line though is that if the music was great the general public wouldn't care about the Dr Luke thing, for better or worse. The floppage has little to do with that, which only hardcore pop stans even know about. But it should definitely be something people try and be consistent about rather than just stan wars - Gaga was definitely wrong to work with R Kelly but at least she later apologised and admitted she was trying to shock. The thing with the member of her current team having complaints against them is worse unfortunately.

How convenient she did it during her Oscar campaign...oh gaga lol the fakest of them all!

35 minutes ago, Debord said:

The bottom line though is that if the music was great the general public wouldn't care about the Dr Luke thing, for better or worse. The floppage has little to do with that, which only hardcore pop stans even know about. But it should definitely be something people try and be consistent about rather than just stan wars - Gaga was definitely wrong to work with R Kelly but at least she later apologised and admitted she was trying to shock. The thing with the member of her current team having complaints against them is worse unfortunately

Only woke people pretend to care about that. Women over 35 will have issues getting sales and getting airplay it is what it is. Just enjoy the music it's great. Dr Luke is amazing at making bops

4 minutes ago, Tudors said:

Only woke people pretend to care about that. Women over 35 will have issues getting sales and getting airplay it is what it is. Just enjoy the music it's great. Dr Luke is amazing at making bops

If caring about rape/sexual assault is 'woke', then being woke sounds like being a decent human being. But in any case, the album is pretty terrible, regardless of who made it.

10 minutes ago, Debord said:

If caring about rape/sexual assault is 'woke', then being woke sounds like being a decent human being. But in any case, the album is pretty terrible, regardless of who made it.

I think your wokeness won't allow you to admit publicly anything different. Why is she on your mind so much anyways? Also kesha lied. Don't nobody want that refrigerator bod and John travolta face lol

1 minute ago, Tudors said:

I think your wokeness won't allow you to admit publicly anything different. Why is she on your mind so much anyways? Also kesha lied. Don't nobody want that refrigerator bod and John travolta face lol

The internet has truly broken people's brains.