!!POP EMERGENCY!! Madonna in the Studio With Stuart Price

Rainbow

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Plus what happened in 1988/1989 has nothing to do with this. If anything we should be looking at how long Confessions took to make as a guide. Or her last few albums.

Yeah, I mean, since there is no rush to release an album and likely no contractual obligation, I think it's most comparable to the making of Madame X, where an album takes as long as it does.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Plus what happened in 1988/1989 has nothing to do with this. If anything we should be looking at how long Confessions took to make as a guide. Or her last few albums.

But did Confessions REALLY take that long? She was literally making TWO musicals and editing RIT and IGTTYAS and LiveAid. Plus the fall really delayed things and she had to wait to film Hung Up PLUS the original director bailed on her leaving her to scramble to find a replacement. The album shoot took place Aug 11 so prob by October we would've gotten the album.

Confessions was probably the fastest album she's ever recorded and released - I wonder if that was because of the recording she'd already done for the musicals - so the song structures kinda already existed and it was just about re working them.

But also, she or Stuart mentioned they'd do a complete song in a day - so who knows - this could be a really fast one too - and we could get a album in early next year - 

I think the time needed is actually unpredictable. It changes every time, depending on so many variables (how many concomitant projects she is involved in, the inspiration and how she feels about the tracks, the amount of producers and collaborators she drags in and their agendas). But we know that the process usually takes some time with M and that at the moment she is in the studio with Stuart.

We don't know if some stuff was already tried or recorded before also (I think for example to the infamous Max Martin 80s vibing track). I think reasonable expectations start by late spring (late may, early june), early autumn 2025. I would so appreciate a come back to the good old autumn releases date, such a nice moment of the year.

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Serious question...why is everyone interested in the Max Martin track?

he made a ton of pop hits, and Madonna made a ton of pop hits, so it could potentially be a great pop song... although, Madonna's collabs with hit makers and trendy producers don't often produce great work, probably because they're chasing after a hit song and she mimics somebody else's style.

45 minutes ago, Susan Thomas said:

I think the time needed is actually unpredictable. It changes every time, depending on so many variables (how many concomitant projects she is involved in, the inspiration and how she feels about the tracks, the amount of producers and collaborators she drags in and their agendas). But we know that the process usually takes some time with M and that at the moment she is in the studio with Stuart. We don't know if some stuff was already tried or recorded before (I think for example to the infamous Max Martin 80s vibing track, wich is destined to be the future Warning signs/Something's coming over me otherwise ... what a con by the way :lol:). I think reasonable expectations start by late spring (late may, early june), early autumn 2025. I would so appreciate a come back to the good old autumn releases date (Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Music, Confessions ...), such a nice moment of the year.

You did not just change your name to Susan Thomas ☠️☠️☠️☠️ hahahaha angry much? Heheheh

I am still going to tell myself this is nothing, its not like they don't tease and troll fans for fun in camp Madonna, but mainly because its TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

We really are the luckiest fans in the world big picture. I was stressed in the 90's wondering how life would be possible without Madonna still releasing albums :smile:

20 minutes ago, androiduser said:

he made a ton of pop hits, and Madonna made a ton of pop hits, so it could potentially be a great pop song... although, Madonna's collabs with hit makers and trendy producers don't often produce great work, probably because they're chasing after a hit song and she mimics somebody else's style.

Exactly why I'm so confused why everyone is excited for him

7 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

I am still going to tell myself this is nothing, its not like they don't tease and troll fans for fun in camp Madonna, but mainly because its TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

We really are the luckiest fans in the world big picture. I was stressed in the 90's wondering how life would be possible without Madonna still releasing albums :smile:

I remember thinking her run was almost done when Bedtime Stories came out!

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I remember thinking her run was almost done when Bedtime Stories came out!

back then I expected that she would continue making music, but I thought she'd never return to superstardom. For the first time in her career, there was a certain level of indifference to Madonna in the air.

26 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Exactly why I'm so confused why everyone is excited for him

it's a mix of excitement for new music and wishful thinking that a mega smash is on the way. But following somebody else's formula doesn't really work for Madonna.

But gotta hand it to him, he has written 27 Billboard #1 hits, that's insane.

6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it's a mix of excitement for new music and wishful thinking that a mega smash is on the way. But following somebody else's formula doesn't really work for Madonna.

Agreed, but alas...times change! I remember there was hopeful optimism during the mid 2010s when streaming was going to be a huge part in chart positions but that just really hindered her which regardless i think makes her scramble. I also think that her old mentality of not watching tv or reading magazines used to really benefit her but in modern times there really is no way to escape comments. Reading what fans comment, reading what haters comment...it's just a given she reads them and that does NOT help. This might be a tangent but the fact that there really is no "underground" anymore. Anyone and everyone can read or hear about anything so i can only speak for myself, but there is no more expect the unexpected which was really part of her appeal and being ahead of trends. The most i can hope for are good solid songs that are authentic to her. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

being ahead of trends. The most i can hope for are good solid songs that are authentic to her. 

I think the days of being ahead of trends are behind her, she still seems interested in trying to profit from current trends. At this point, I think the best thing for her would be to go for a more mature timeless sound, not whatever is trendy.

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think the days of being ahead of trends are behind her, she still seems interested in trying to profit from current trends. At this point, I think the best thing for her would be to go for a more mature timeless sound, not whatever is trendy.

Well my point is that there is NO ahead of the trend anymore. The whole mature/timeless sound i find so generic and is trendy for old people. I dont think old people at this point are going to be listening to her. On the other hand, young people aren't either. That's where it's up to her own instinct and her own artistic vision. She needs to something to say and not just want something to say if that makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, Boombox90 said:

Because he is known for strong hooks and strong Melodie’s, something we haven’t gotten from M in a long time.

That's not true. As much as I didnt like MX, all the singles were catchy and very hook-y. Crave was a VERY good catchy and melodical song. Even Medellín had that 1-2 cha cha cha that was so unbelievably catchy. I think fans really psych themselves out when it comes to wanting more and better. I mean fans complained so much that her songs were too pop and mainstream yet they want the most mainstream producer out there? Uh ok. I'm sure the song is fine but it's a head scratcher for me how lately everyone seems so invested in that one song.