Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

I lowkey missed the periodical Celebration slander... Still not here for it :laughing:

Can we switch topic for once and focus on the real enemy, aka Madame X?

No please. :kiss2::heart:

On 8/21/2024 at 8:14 PM, Aiwa08 said:

Thanks @club78boy.

This is the new cursed mixes list: 

• Everybody (Rusty Egan 12'' Version) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 7'' Version) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 12'' Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Everybody (Rusty Egan 7'' Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Borderline (It's That Girl Remix Edit) Available only on It's That Girl cassette.
  • Burning Up (Original Album Version) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Over And Over (Dub) Available only on vinyl and cassette.
  • Open Your Heart (Remix) Available only on vinyl and on It's Thar Girl cassette.
  • Causing A Commotion (Movie House Edit) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Lifeboat Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Houseboat Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Rescue Me (Disaster Dub) Available only on vinyl.
  • Fever (Back to The Dub 1)  Available only on vinyl (UK promo 12")
  • Buenos Aires (TV) Available only on cassette
  • Buenos Aires (Acapella)  Available only on cassette
  • Nothing Really Matters (Vikram Cybercut) Available only on vinyl (US promo)
  • Die Another Day (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) Available only on vinyl.

Any more?

So the "Dress You Up" remix/edit was released digitally? Did I miss it?

12 minutes ago, kiefer2 said:

No, but it was leaked from a digital source, which is why it's not on the list. We only include versions that we don't have from digital sources.

17 minutes ago, kiefer2 said:

Also these:

Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Future Mix) (10:26) Promo/Vinyl Only

Die Another Day (Brother Brown's Bond-Age Dub) (7:19) Promo Vinyl Only

Die Another Day (Deepsky Dub) (7:35) Promo Vinyl Only

This Used To Be My Playground (Movie Version) (6:56) Commercially Unreleased

5 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Also these:

Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Future Mix) (10:26) Promo/Vinyl Only

Die Another Day (Brother Brown's Bond-Age Dub) (7:19) Promo Vinyl Only

Die Another Day (Deepsky Dub) (7:35) Promo Vinyl Only

This Used To Be My Playground (Movie Version) (6:56) Commercially Unreleased

I don't see a vinyl version of the Calderone Future Mix anywhere on Discogs other than a bootleg and on the vinyl version of E=VC2 compilation (I don't know if the vinyl is unmixed, because the cd is). In any event it's over 2 minutes shorter than the time listed above. Was it ever OFFICIALLY released on a promo vinyl?

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Adorable. So many of those songs that reached number two on the charts don’t get the love they deserve. Mind you she’s like that with some of her number ones 

The song is #1 in my head, but I remember those days.  There were a lot of great songs being released at the time.  #2 was just as great of an achievement.  But yeah, she was robbed of a #1 song here as well. :sad:

5 hours ago, kiefer2 said:

I don't see a vinyl version of the Calderone Future Mix anywhere on Discogs other than a bootleg and on the vinyl version of E=VC2 compilation (I don't know if the vinyl is unmixed, because the cd is). In any event it's over 2 minutes shorter than the time listed above. Was it ever OFFICIALLY released on a promo vinyl?

The CD version of Calderone's E=VC2 compilation is mixed whereas the vinyl version of that album is unmixed, hence why its longer on the vinyl record. However its an officially commissioned remix that has never been digitally released in its full uncut version (other than the vinyl version of E=VC2) so it would be great to have.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The CD version of Calderone's E=VC2 compilation is mixed whereas the vinyl version of that album is unmixed, hence why its longer on the vinyl record. However its an officially commissioned remix that has never been digitally released in its full uncut version (other than the vinyl version of E=VC2) so it would be great to have.

It's waaaay better than the one on the single. I  was so pissed they didnt add it!!!

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's waaaay better than the one on the single. I  was so pissed they didnt add it!!!

me too. Its a great version.

I made my own standalone 'mixshow edit' of it using a rip from the mixed E=VC2 CD:

This is the hidden content, please

I might have missed it - in between the endless conversations :)  - have we confirmed that the CAC digital release is identical to the 1995 German CD single? It sounds like that to me, but I am NO expert!

Also @Aiwa08wasn't there an in-house CD with the Rescue Me dubs in digital?

4 minutes ago, club78boy said:

Also @Aiwa08wasn't there an in-house CD with the Rescue Me dubs in digital?

I'm not sure. I don't recall downloading anything from an in-house CD with the 'Rescue Me' dubs at the moment. In fact, I had to purchase the promo vinyl to obtain those dubs.

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

But it states on the Discogs listing for the vinyl that the mix is only 8:40 (not 10:26 as stated above). Is that an error? It seems someone went out of their way to actually put a time for this track for the vinyl because almost none of the other tracks on the listing have their times listed. It also doesn't state that the vinyl version of this album is promo only (and I know Discogs can be wrong).

58 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Here's mine too! Yours is very nice the only thing I would change are the masters used lol 

I love that we basically had the same idea haha. What ones would you change? :)

I've never been a fan of the radio edits of Hung Up and 4 Minutes, they really feel like they cut the songs. If I had a choice for Ray Of Light I would use the slightly shorter video edit. 

57 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I love that we basically had the same idea haha. What ones would you change? :)

I've never been a fan of the radio edits of Hung Up and 4 Minutes, they really feel like they cut the songs. If I had a choice for Ray Of Light I would use the slightly shorter video edit. 

Almost all the album masters for the single ones as they are less loud and more in pair with the rest of the radio edits