Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

19 hours ago, kiefer2 said:

I don't see a vinyl version of the Calderone Future Mix anywhere on Discogs other than a bootleg and on the vinyl version of E=VC2 compilation (I don't know if the vinyl is unmixed, because the cd is). In any event it's over 2 minutes shorter than the time listed above. Was it ever OFFICIALLY released on a promo vinyl?

The two songs he remixed for his compilations (Skin and Sky fits heaven) are mixed on the CD and unmixed on vinyl. You have both versions here:

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Let's wrap these lot up this year.

• Holiday - Sep 7, 1983 
  • True Blue - Sep 29, 1986 (WW)Oct 9, 1986 (US) 
  • Die Another Day - Oct 22, 2002
  • Oh Father - Oct 24, 1989 (US) / Dec 24, 1995 (EU)
  • You Must Love Me - Oct 29, 1996
  • Like A Virgin - Oct 31, 1984
  • Open Your Heart - Nov 12, 1986
  • The Look Of Love - Nov 25, 1987

This singles campaign started in March 2020 when they uploaded Vogue for its 30th anniversary and we’re about to be in 2025 soon and this is still going on. This campaign should’ve finished back in 2022.

I’m very grateful for these releases but c’mon we’re going on 5 years now…

11 minutes ago, prunejuicehugo said:

This singles campaign started in March 2020 when they uploaded Vogue for its 30th anniversary and we’re about to be in 2025 soon and this is still going on. This campaign should’ve finished back in 2022.

Who said there was a time limit to this?  There was no promise of how long this would go on. It's only good business to keep feeding the streaming and digital platforms. It's really worked out well for Madonna especially on the streaming platforms.  Her numbers continue to grow on streaming platforms like Spotify.  If anything, we should be grateful, this is still going on, because Warner could have bailed long ago.  

10 hours ago, prunejuicehugo said:

Human Nature was the first historic digital single. 

@BoyToyMark may I give you a suggestion? Given Celebration missed so many 90's tunes and your playlist features 39 tracks, could you add the edit version of You'll See? Not only because it got absent at last hour from GHV2, which was a terrible pity, but also having it now as a subliminal message Madonna would love to send Warner back in 2009 (and the same message we Madonna fans would love to send Warner right now). Please, my friend, plus You'll See is among of the best sung Madonna ballads ever!!! Tyvm in advance!!!

On 8/24/2024 at 5:59 PM, club78boy said:

Also @Aiwa08wasn't there an in-house CD with the Rescue Me dubs in digital?

There was one being traded around at some point. The front cover looked legit, (but hard to tell for sure because it was a tiny jpg.)

The audio, unfortunately was just my friend's vinyl rips. They sound really good, but it's not digital.

I'd never seek out You'll See personally. I kind of have an oversion to the 90's hell run of ballad / downtempo mood piece vibe tracks.

The run through syrup from Bad Girl To The Power Of Goodbye.. a slog. Any complete chronological 90's compilation would have sagged in the middle like a wet pudding. 

like walking through a morgue Human Nature / Ray Of Light aside even Bedtime Story was a mood piece really. Thank god for the remixes. 

1. Bad Girl
  2. Rain
  3. I'll Remember
  4. Secret
  5. Take A Bow
  6. You'll See
  7. I Want You
  8. Love Dont Live Here Anymore
  9. Oh Father
  10. One More Chance
  11. Forbidden Love threatening a release
  12. You Must Love Me
  13. Dont Cry For Me
  14. Another Suitcase In Another Hall
  15. Frozen
  16. Drowned World
  17. The Power Of Goodbye / Little Star

I was convinced the UK was gonna get another bloody Crazy For You release, they did Holiday three times.

I also saw I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You listed as a forthcoming single release on one of those backboards behind the counter  in HMV Oxford street at the time. I've never heard anything about that as a cancelled single release  but it was 100% there. Probably some over eager queen who worked there going crazy with the label maker. It's my favourite song from the album so I won't have minded that tbh. 

No wonder she was so against releasing ballads for years to come. The drudgery. Some amazing songs but a Gay in his 20's was tryna find a pulse .

but I lived through it girls. I survived. 

I wonder if anyone has the remixed version of Another Suitcase In Another Hall that was supposed to be released on the Cancelled remix EP?

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'd never seek out You'll See personally. I kind of have an oversion to the 90's hell run of ballad / downtempo mood piece vibe tracks.

The run through syrup from Bad Girl To The Power Of Goodbye.. a slog. Any complete chronological 90's compilation would have sagged in the middle like a wet pudding. 

like walking through a morgue Human Nature / Ray Of Light aside even Bedtime Story was a mood piece really. Thank god for the remixes. 

1. Bad Girl
  2. Rain
  3. I'll Remember
  4. Secret
  5. Take A Bow
  6. You'll See
  7. I Want You
  9. Oh Father
  10. One More Chance
  12. You Must Love Me
  13. Dont Cry For Me
  15. Frozen
  16. Drowned World

I was convinced the UK was gonna get another bloody Crazy For You release, they did Holiday three times.

I also saw I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You listed as a forthcoming single release on one of those backboards behind the counter  in HMV Oxford street at the time. I've never heard anything about that as a cancelled single release  but it was 100% there. Probably some over eager queen who worked there going crazy with the label maker. It's my favourite song from the album so I won't have minded that tbh. 

No wonder she was so against releasing ballads for years to come. The drudgery. Some amazing songs but a Gay in his 20's was tryna find a pulse .

I wonder if anyone has the remixed version of Another Suitcase In Another Hall that was supposed to be released on the Cancelled remix EP?

Which one?

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

1. Bad Girl
  2. Rain
  3. I'll Remember
  4. Secret
  5. Take A Bow
  6. You'll See
  7. I Want You
  9. Oh Father
  10. One More Chance
  12. You Must Love Me
  13. Dont Cry For Me
  15. Frozen
  16. Drowned World

INTERESTING! The radio edit of I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You actually leaked here a while ago.

45 minutes ago, MPowered said:

INTERESTING! The radio edit of I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You actually leaked here a while ago.

Wat.

The Evita era was my first era so I remember being a very gay 9 year old wanting to rent the VHS everyweekend and playing the soundtrack ad nauseam  and wondering what singles would be released!!!

I don’t understand what you are saying? When the digital singles campaign started Human Nature was the first to be uploaded to streaming services. Then I think it was Vogue & Hanky Panky on the same day? I might have the last bit wrong though. 
I can’t remember but it was defo Human Nature first which should have been a sign to us that Madonna was behind it all along really. 

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I don’t understand what you are saying? When the digital singles campaign started Human Nature was the first to be uploaded to streaming services. Then I think it was Vogue & Hanky Panky on the same day? I might have the last bit wrong though. 
I can’t remember but it was defo Human Nature first which should have been a sign to us that Madonna was behind it all along really. 

It was Human Nature, Vogue and then Music. I created a list when the reissues started, just in the order that her team were releasing them, just after the 2005-Interscope years that were already online.