Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

I agree with The Look Of Love but Dear Jessie has the faded version on the single that removes the blended outro with Oh Father.

I mean...the quality on WTG is shit so maybe they can give it a nice fluffing? I was never a fan of the song but it could be i always thought it sounded so flat so a sprucing for a Look of Love single could definitely breathe new life into it since i doubt the soundtrack will get any special treatment since its only  4 madonna songs lol 

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

There’s a loneliness and vulnerability in The Look Of Love that is utterly haunting and something rarely on display in Madonna songs. The fact that was the third and most forgotten single of the campaign and indeed the 80’s further compounds what I said above. A further rejection and humiliation that just makes the song feel even more lonely and abandoned which has always been kind of poetic to me. It has always been the perfect link to the Like A Prayer album in its serious an melancholy tone. How she was ultimately to feel about Sean. A foretelling if you will. It also waves goodbye to that first pop incarnation of her 80’s persona before she focuses on her new incarnation of Madonna the artists. Never more white blonde on its single sleeve than ever before before she goes back to her dark roots.  It’s top ten Madonna for hands down I absolutely never tire of it and the live arrangement on the WTG tour is one of my all time favourites of hers. 

Amazing post.

Justice for "The Look Of Love". Let us have the digital single, even if it's only for the cover.

I suppose you guys want superstar on streaming too even though it was only released in 1 country and it’s a shite song ? I mean where do you expect this singles campaign to end ? There isn’t much left now that we don’t already have ? The look of love is a wonderful song but to put it on streaming makes no sense as all songs in the maxi are available or is it because you want the artwork on your phone ( ps - you can download it already 🤔

18 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I suppose you guys want superstar on streaming too even though it was only released in 1 country and it’s a shite song ? I mean where do you expect this singles campaign to end ? There isn’t much left now that we don’t already have ? The look of love is a wonderful song but to put it on streaming makes no sense as all songs in the maxi are available or is it because you want the artwork on your phone ( ps - you can download it already 🤔

I suppose in some ways Spotify is the Wikipedia of music. Sure you can go through wiki and check what was released as a single but Spotify is an interactive library and as such I think it’s important to house and display what songs were singles and the timeline. I use this a lot when checking out new artists or delving into legacy artists for the first time. And I think it’s important for generations to come to have this modern level of access .
So what if it hasn’t got anything new, it’s part of her journey. Much more so than the Bye Bye Baby or Impressive Instant  remixes. It deserves its spot, it’s not hurting anyone and it would cost Warner £25 for the single to feature on streaming for life. It’s measly not to. She’s the biggest selling female artist of all time. Let’s just get it done properly and preserve the legacy on the biggest musical library platform. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I suppose in some ways Spotify is the Wikipedia of music. Sure you can go through wiki and check what was released as a single but Spotify is an interactive library and as such I think it’s important to house and display what songs were singles and the timeline. I use this a lot when checking out new artists or delving into legacy artists for the first time. And I think it’s important for generations to come to have this modern level of access .
So what if it hasn’t got anything new, it’s part of her journey. Much more so than the Bye Bye Baby or Impressive Instant  remixes. It deserves its spot, it’s not hurting anyone and it would cost Warner £25 for the single to feature on streaming for life. It’s measly not to. She’s the biggest selling female artist of all time. Let’s just get it done properly and preserve the legacy on the biggest musical library platform. 

Just further on this point i've also long thought Spotify should have a bunch of information about each legacy single and its performance etc in the top comments section by the artwork and a digital booklet that you can flick though for albums. It's the bare minimum really. Artists have started displaying concerts merch and store info so I suppose it's something to come in the future. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

So does anyone have any info on the Barcelona Gold edit. Is it official or something the curators of the soundtrack for the games did to keep the song shorter. Would that even be allowed?

It's from Warner, so it's ultra-official. But obviously, it was shortened for the compilation. It's one of those rare cases where the single version is longer than the album version (it also happens with 'You Must Love Me')

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Also just because "we" have illegally downloaded music on our computers doesn't mean the general public has access to it.