Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Please someone prove me wrong but I compared the speks of the digital EP and the Yellow cd and they are strictly the same for The Movie House mix and the Dub :cry:

I hope the files I found on sharemania are just a fan made pack pretending that it's the actual the digital release...

Straight pass is the version before they gay it up. 

I just love all the CAC remixes, Madonna's first foray in house music. They really are the pivotal point regarding remixes in her discography, until CAC they mostly were extended versions and dubs, she gave us two remixes and a dub. Also this was the first time Junior Vasquez worked for her officially as Pettibone right hand. 

I don't know in which interview from 1987 the journalist states she was listening to the remixes full blast, that was like while she was touring. 

edit : It was Chicago Tribune but it is not how i remember it. She was the one mentionning listening to CAC but not the remixes specifically 🫤 my bad

Screenshot-20240822-201923-1.png

1 hour ago, LX54 said:

Please someone prove me wrong but I compared the speks of the digital EP and the Yellow cd and they are strictly the same for The Movie House mix and the Dub :cry:

Why the tears? From Causing a Commotion onward, all the yellow CDs are practically indistinguishable from Madonna's other CDs released in different countries. By 1987, it was already common to use digital masters. The ones with issues are the yellow CDs from before Causing a Commotion, because the masters used were the ones intended for vinyl and the mastering for CD was done very poorly.

For example, these CDs are from 1989 and are from Germany (the same label that released the yellow CDs in 1995):

81TujCFqVGL._AC_SX679_.jpg

412070049_514994394.webp

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Why the tears? From Causing a Commotion onward, all the yellow CDs are practically indistinguishable from Madonna's other CDs released in different countries. By 1987, it was already common to use digital masters. The ones with issues are the yellow CDs from before Causing a Commotion, because the masters used were the ones intended for vinyl and the mastering for CD was done very poorly.

For example, these CDs are from 1989 and are from Germany (the same label that released the yellow CDs in 1995):

81TujCFqVGL._AC_SX679_.jpg

412070049_514994394.webp

The tears are coz I was hoping we'd get the masters from the Warner stars series, I've always preferred the sound of the Silver Screen mix on this remix compilation (https://www.discogs.com/master/151819-Madonna-Into-The-Groove-Whos-That-Girl-Causing-A-Commotion), clearly superior to the yellow cd series one, to my ears at least, the sound is brighter, less muffled..The yellow is acceptable, but sub par to the audio quality of the 1989 cd... Just my opinion. 

But maybe the EP I found on the net is not the one I'll get by midnight here in france, keepin my fingers crossed tightly tbh. 

1 minute ago, LX54 said:

The tears are coz I was hoping we'd get the masters from the Warner stars series, I've always preferred the sound of the Silver Screen mix on this remix compilation (https://www.discogs.com/master/151819-Madonna-Into-The-Groove-Whos-That-Girl-Causing-A-Commotion), clearly superior to the yellow cd series one, to my ears at least, the sound is brighter, less muffled..The yellow is acceptable, but sub par to the audio quality of the 1989 cd... Just my opinion. 

But maybe the EP I found on the net is not the one I'll get by midnight here in france, keepin my fingers crossed tightly tbh. 

Just listened to both rips, back to back and no, I'm sorry but the yellow cd is way inferior in quality to the 1989 cd!!.. 

7 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Many thanks @Karma dear! Do you have new links for Oct/Nov reissues as well?

So... In a coupla days the True Blue maxi reissue discussion's gonna start, alright?

EDIT: @Prayer guess I won't be your CAPS girl anymore - so I'm gonna be something else instead. See ya.

Hello dear, "True Blue" should be up next, no links for Oct / Nov yet but I'll let y'all know if something changes.

15 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Just listened to both rips, back to back and no, I'm sorry but the yellow cd is way inferior in quality to the 1989 cd!!.. 

I don’t dispute what you’re saying, but I believe the CDs that really sound 'bad' are those from before Causing a Commotion. From Causing a Commotion onward, I find them to be OK. 

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

I don’t dispute what you’re saying, but I believe the CDs that really sound 'bad' are those from before Causing a Commotion. From Causing a Commotion onward, I find them to be OK.

I agree, they're ok.. better than most of the yellow serie, just not as good as should be, if the 1989 cd has this great sounding mix of CAC, I'm sure the other mixes do exist somewhere in the same quality, that's what I was hoping for this EP... but maybe I've dled a fake EP, I'll find out by midnight. Same goes for WTG remix on this very 1989 warner star cd, digital level quality. Only ITG is not great on this cd, guess they culled it from the EU 1985 LAV rerelease master which is not the best IMO. 

• ChrisK changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

Let's celebrate this transitional song about Sean !

True Blue

Causing a Commotion

(maybe The Look of Love and Can't Stop too but she stated in Rolling Stone in september of 1987 that CAC was about her chaotic relationship with Sean)

Possesive Love (seems to be about a controlling relationship wether she's talking about her control issues or Sean's)

Just A Dream (i keep your photograph by my bed to remind me i was part of your life, sleep has always been kind and in my dreams you'll always be mine but in the morning when i wake i remember and my heart just aches)

Supernatural (the bit about bring obsessed with his hair which Sean was famous for in the press then and the whole track seems to be metaphore about the last year of their marriage when he was a ghostly presence in her life)

Cherish (hope)

Till death do us part (end)

There were rumours about Thief of hearts being about Robin Wright

20 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Just arrived here in france.. Same as the Sharemania files I dled earlier... :cry:  :Madonna043:

However, I really love the sound; to me, it stays completely faithful to the original master (even the volume is the same as the masters that were on HDtracks). I'd do anything to have OYH (Remix) with the same quality.

12 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

However, I really love the sound; to me, it stays completely faithful to the original master. I'd do anything to have OYH (Remix) with the same quality.

Original master??? Do you have it???

5 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Original master??? Do you have it???

How could I possibly have the original master? I'm comparing it to the album masters that were available on HDtracks (192000 Hz, 24 bits). The sound volume and equalization are quite similar.

9 hours ago, Adonna said:

Oh wow!  This Causing A Commotion sounds sooooooooo good!!  What a great classic this is!!  Gonna be enjoying this one all weekend long for sure. 

It's such a great song! And the remixes are excellent

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's a MESS.

And how they f**ed up the digital single made it even messier.

Yeah with Borderline, if they'd used the 7" version from the get go, there would be no confusion and we'd have it widely available.