Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 8/20/2024 at 1:31 PM, luckypierre78 said:

Beyond Causing A Commotion this Friday?  I doubt anyone knows but if we could guess it's probably True Blue in early October.  We could also get lucky and get Holiday on September 7th but there haven't been any signs of a Holiday single via YouTube copyright.  I also think we already have all the versions on streaming spread across FEL, Celebration, Madonna, You Can Dance, You Can Dance Single Edits, etc. no?

Thank You :)

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

How could I possibly have the original master? I'm comparing it to the album masters that were available on HDtracks (192000 Hz, 24 bits). The sound volume and equalization are quite similar.

I don't know, some fans have incredible amazing stuff so why not the original masters of these remixes... Just askin...

8 minutes ago, LX54 said:

I don't know, some fans have incredible amazing stuff so why not the original masters of these remixes... Just askin...

I imagine that a lucky and wealthy fan might have copies of the masters, but the original master recordings are owned by Warner.

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I imagine that a lucky and wealthy fan might have copies of the masters, but the original master recordings are owned by Warner.

So many outstanding files are traded amongst fans, just like the amazing YCD full length remixes that Bertrand shared, CAC remixes including the Movie House edit might just as well be included on those archival cdr's not yet shared... Time will tell..

9 hours ago, LX54 said:

So many outstanding files are traded amongst fans, just like the amazing YCD full length remixes that Bertrand shared, CAC remixes including the Movie House edit might just as well be included on those archival cdr's not yet shared... Time will tell..

I highly doubt that anyone has digital copies of CAC (MovieHouse Edit) or OYH (Remix). It doesn’t make sense that they wouldn’t have been leaked by now if digital versions existed, especially since they've been perfectly ripped from vinyl. I really hope I'm totally wrong.

It always surprises me how well some of you guys know/remember the Celebration versions 'cause I never really paid attention or cared for that compilation, everything in it is expendable to me. Everytime someone says "oh the Celebration edit of Everybody is the best" I'm like "is it now?" and have to go check lol (just to find out I don't agree).

12 minutes ago, missberic said:

It always surprises me how well some of you guys know/remember the Celebration versions 'cause I never really paid attention or cared for that compilation, everything in it is expendable to me. Everytime someone says "oh the Celebration edit of Everybody is the best" I'm like "is it now?" and have to go check lol (just to find out I don't agree).

If Celebration had been error-free, with the original edits, and DVD-9 for the videos, it would have been the best Madonna compilation ever made.

Unpopular opinion but I much prefer the original soundtrack album version of "Causing A Commotion" to the single mix. While I understand why it was done, cause it's certainly punchier for radio, it's a little too much for me. It's a little bit over the top. The original gives room to breath in a way and it grows. The single mix shows all its tricks in the first 30 seconds.

I wonder how Bray felt with all his songs being changed as soon as they were released: "Causing", "Express Yourself", "Keep It Together". No wonder he was probably pissed off and thought: "OK, work with all those remixers then".

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I wonder how Bray felt with all his songs being changed as soon as they were released: "Causing", "Express Yourself", "Keep It Together". No wonder he was probably pissed off and thought: "OK, work with all those remixers then".

But his original work hasn't been erased—it's still on the original albums. For example, I have records from other artists where the original versions have been replaced by later remixes because they're better. While it's true that Madonna prefers to use remixes over the originals, I don't think that's something to be upset about because at that time, that's how many singles worked, being replaced by new mixes or remixes.

By the way, why do Madonna and Bray have issues?

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But his original work hasn't been erased—it's still on the original albums. For example, I have records from other artists where the original versions have been replaced by later remixes because they're better. While it's true that Madonna prefers to use remixes over the originals, I don't think that's something to be upset about because at that time, that's how many singles worked, being replaced by new mixes or remixes.

By the way, why do Madonna and Bray have issues?

You're right, many artists change the original album tracks for the single versions when they're hits, I hate that.

Bray never really trashed her after they stopped working together, so I doubt they had a bitter end. Probably she was just moving on and trying to leave the 80s behind, especially after "Vogue" and "Justify" gave her a much needed boost against the competition at the time.

But he burned any possible coming back bridge after releasing "Pre-Madonna" in 1997.

I'd love to know how he felt with all those singles mixes, though.

50 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

The "HEY" "WHAT???" call and response of the dub is exactly the type of stupid to get me through this Friday morning.  Loving it.

I SO FEEL THIS GIRL!!!

@Prayer imagine now that Madonna used "Burning Up'81" to exhaustion, on Instagram and on tour!!!

Irony if she titles it "Burning Up'79" now that it was when demo came out.

15 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Different drums, different instruments … it’s completely different 

Yeah, exactly. Drum machine replaced with acoustic drums. Glockenspiel added to the electric organ intro. Additional percussion instruments like tambourine and shaker. A minute edited off (the post-chorus lyrics such as "look what your love has done to me..."). More reverb on Madonna's vocals too, I think. 

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I highly doubt that anyone has digital copies of CAC (MovieHouse Edit) or OYH (Remix). It doesn’t make sense that they wouldn’t have been leaked by now if digital versions existed, especially since they've been perfectly ripped from vinyl. I really hope I'm totally wrong.

I cannot help believing that that the precious CDr that Bertrand graciously shared (https://www.discogs.com/release/27048402-Madonna-Various-Remixes-CD-1) was one of many others... I fuzzily remember a photo with many cdrs like this one along time ago in an ebay auction, but the photo was taken from afar and I couldn't decypher the titles (I'm sure I have the photo downloaded, it's either in one of my HDD or lost in one of my too many dead HDDs)... if there is a number 1 why not more??... Wasn't it warner's plan to archive her back catalog. Since the remix edit of La Isla Bonita and the LP version (the US promo 7'') are included on this archive comp, why not the US promo 7'' of OYH (with LP version and Edit of Extended version retitled remix in the UK) on another one?? And why they haven't leaked... I don't have the answer...So many marvels have not leaked and we know some collectors have them... Maybe one day...

4 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

The "HEY" "WHAT???" call and response of the dub is exactly the type of stupid to get me through this Friday morning.  Loving it.

It's in the Silver Screen Mix too. 

It's taken from the Color Mix of True Blue. I was quite surprised the first time I heard that. :)

So Causing A Commotion is one of my favorite maxi-singles with Madonna, and I'm so happy that it's finally on-line. :)

By the way: Rhino is promoting it with a short clip where they use... the LP version to promote the remixes! :lol:

@Aiwa08 you mean this, mi compañero?

Screenshot_20240823_153131_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e589d2759fc1aa16d2c457d7cef2b5eb.jpg 

Courtesy of @MPowered and his pinned post from High Heavens.

21 minutes ago, Celebration said:

It's in the Silver Screen Mix too. 

It's taken from the Color Mix of True Blue. I was quite surprised the first time I heard that. :)

So Causing A Commotion is one of my favorite maxi-singles with Madonna, and I'm so happy that it's finally on-line. :)

By the way: Rhino is promoting it with a short clip where they use... the LP version to promote the remixes! :lol:

I never had listened to CAC maxi until today, but it has turned into love at first sight.

Surprised I sang along every line of song given I hadn't heard it in ages.

The Power of Madonna indeed!!

(Rhino, about the OV to promote EP, what a fail... Is it because you've got defeated by us Infiniters???)

5 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Agree. His mixes sold great along with the albums so he didn't lost anything really. 

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, it would be very interesting to hear his opinion.

In this interview published by Madonnatribe, SB speaks also about the Madonna songs and their remixes (second part... the first part concerns the Breakfast Club)

https://www.madonnatribe.com/interviews/madonnatribe-meets-stephen-bray-breakfast-club/

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

If Celebration had been error-free, with the original edits, and DVD-9 for the videos, it would have been the best Madonna compilation ever made.

By "error-free" do you also mean "without shitty edits" or is it mainly aimed at bad remasterings? Because sound quality aside, the edits do bother me a lot, not to mention the random tracklisting :ay:

Oh, and where does one check to see a full list of "errors" on Celebration? I just read someone mentioning clicks on Music and didn't even know about it

5 minutes ago, missberic said:

By "error-free" do you also mean "without shitty edits" or is it mainly aimed at bad remasterings? Because sound quality aside, the edits do bother me a lot, not to mention the random tracklisting :ay:

Yes, I mean "without shitty edits".