Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

It was Human Nature, Vogue and then Music. I created a list when the reissues started, just in the order that her team were releasing them, just after the 2005-Interscope years that were already online.

Yep!  I recall this as well. Thanks for sharing as well. :party:

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

That radio edit doesn’t make sense; it’s missing the song’s introduction, which is essential for context.

I thought the same.  And why do we need a "radio edit" of this?  Like you mentioned, the edit really takes things out of context.  Also, doesn't seem like a song radio would really play, but I suspect if there was a "radio edit" it was played somewhat, somewhere.  LOL!

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

This is the first time I've heard about the radio edit of 'I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You'.

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

That radio edit doesn’t make sense; it’s missing the song’s introduction, which is essential for context.

7 hours ago, Adonna said:

I thought the same.  And why do we need a "radio edit" of this?  Like you mentioned, the edit really takes things out of context.  Also, doesn't seem like a song radio would really play, but I suspect if there was a "radio edit" it was played somewhat, somewhere.  LOL!

There was a CD-R of this sampler:

https://www.discogs.com/release/24531935-Madonna-Madonna-As-Evita-Four-Track-Sampler

It‘s not listed on Discogs but it was sold on Ebay and posted here last year I think. The radio version posted on YouTube is legit!

Soooo should we should get this thread back on its track or what? I'll start  :Madonna054:

Any news on DYU?

Why is the Like a Prayer album so quiet?

Is Borderline 7'' Edit the same as Borderline It's That Girl?

Do you think we're getting OYH 7'' Edit?

Is MDNA as bad as everyone says?

Who's Emily?

7 hours ago, missberic said:

Any news on DYU?

No

Why is the Like a Prayer album so quiet?

Because people don’t clean their ears properly

Is Borderline 7'' Edit the same as Borderline It's That Girl?

Stop trying to piss me off!

Do you think we're getting OYH 7'' Edit?

Yes and it will be useless because they will probably remaster it.

Is MDNA as bad as everyone says?

Absolutely!

Who's Emily?

17 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

It Is only quiet because it wasn't remastered and the lack of strong bass adds to the "quietness" too

I was always surprised that they fixed the lack of strong bass in the singles from LAP but didn’t do the same for the entire album in the subsequent reissues.

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

So apparently Spotify will add a feature to edit songs so when can I edit my songs how I like?

If this is about editing tags, that will be great for us Lastfm users! Not being able to listen to songs with correct and organized tags is 1 of the 3 reasons why I hate streaming and still download and upload music files to my phone.

4 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Guess there's no Holiday single this week?  It was a long shot, but does this now mean the releases are going to stretch until September 2025?  Ugh

Everything from Holiday is already available unless they give us the real 1983 7" version. So it's hard to tell. 

Friday or Monday if at all.

I'd love them to fix the album version on Madonna though.

Just now, Would You Like To Try said:

Those indeed do not mean anything by now (if they change and portray the name of a remix it's coming most probably)

The copyright on the album being the actual single name does mean its at least been submitted.

Though Live To Tell had that and we didn't get it which was odd. 

Shame no Holiday as that's where it all began for so many of us....

So if True Blue comes next, are we expecting just the Remix Edit, Colour Mix and Instrumental? Or maybe Album Version, Remix Edit,  Colour Mix and Instrumental. They have not done many of the fades so I would not imagine they would bother. 

All those tracks where on the 35th though so much as I love true Blue, will they release it. I hope so. Love that artwork. 

Edited by pjackson3 (see edit history)