Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, pjackson3 said:

I am sure I remember watching the video on TOTP....

You are right, it was shown twice. I think it was quite elusive as we never had MTV (rarely anyone did in the UK) and it was excluded from her video collections. I think I bought a bootleg that had it on but it was the MTV 'Make My Video' one (which might be why I thought I'd never seen it before). 

6 hours ago, anjoel said:

It's been such a long time I wasn't sure if I was misremembering. It's odd we remember little details like that. I assume that's why we got the cheaper True Blue video. I don't they even showed that here in the UK, can't remember what TOTP did while it was number one.

I remember seeing the True Blue music video when it came out on a Saturday morning tv show in UK (the day I became a big fan). I can’t remember the shows name…

48 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yes, Holiday is listed in my post. It was held off the number 1 spot by Into The Groove. And Borderline was re-released 1st Jan 1986.

It's insane, i know WEA (warner europe) funded her contract (as told by Seymour Stein in Siren Song, he signed her but Mo Ostin, head of warner us was not interested so he got the money from wea whose head was a japanese businessman) but they might have killed her career by saturating the market like this.

On 9/16/2024 at 12:40 AM, anjoel said:

Does anybody know if it's true that in the UK, her next single release after Papa was meant to be Open Your Heart. It was announced in Smash Hits with pictures from the video. True Blue was gaining traction on UK radio and that was released ahead of it to make the most of it's popularity. It might be the Mandela effect for me but that's the memory I have.

On 9/16/2024 at 3:11 AM, MPowered said:

That is true! True Blue was originally not going to be a single at all. I think it was rush-released because radio stations loved it and it received airplay without beibg a single.

This is so interesting! While I love TB I often wondered why OYH didn’t follow PDP as it seemed like it made more sense.

Regarding the video, even though the contest version dominated MTV here in the states I remember seeing her version a couple times on other video outlets. My mom loved the song and we watched the whole contest airing, so when we saw her video a couple months later it was like this huge fun surprise. 

Hey guys I don't feel like going back some ten pages back of this thread and my brain still freezes from the transition of aurora - the Prozac I just took won't make me a Sleeping Beauty rescued by Prince Philip* anytime soon - so I'd like to know what oughta be the most reasonable tracklist for the maxi that most likely will arrive next week so...

*IN TIME: my sis (my biological sis) is a Disney adult, so I know the names to all husbands to Disney princesses - don't know the names of their misters/midnight meals** tho...

**"Midnight meal"*** is a funny way here in Rio to describe the person someone gets in order to cheat on their loved ones, I so like this reference...

***EDIT: actually the correct translation of term is "MIDNIGHT SNACK"... But I prefer "MIDNIGHT MEAL" since a meal seems to nurture much better than a snack... Get me guys???

EDIT: @Karma are there more Rhino links floating around? Maybe the DAD one? (Y'all know what I mean by "DAD"...)

EDIT 2: I so love when I decide to give myself some kind of mystery after someone else revealed something to me... it was good as it lasted but... all comes to an end...

Seems the spell's still working so...