Edit History

acolyte

acolyte

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

It really is mad that she's not doing Stadiums. Of all the tours she'd ever done an actual greatest hits tour from the biggest female artist of all time. Her hits would fill the space in the stadium that songs from her last 15 years wouldnt. 

Seems odd. Arenas are a better experience in many ways but one big Wembley Stadium of her hits would be such a nice closing full circle moment for me at least.

Well, she's touring Europe in the autumn and beginning of winter... I suppose stadiums wouldn't really be in an option for that time frame. We also don't know if they were trying to play it safe generally by booking arenas to avoid a stadium leg being a tough sell in the long run. All around the world there's talk of how fast this tour is selling out and how many dates keep getting added. It certainly demonstrates huge demand and relevance which was likely their strategy with those arena dates.

A while ago I also replied to another post saying that the lack of stadium shows is most likely due to production constraints. If this show ends up as spectacular and complex as it's rumoured to be, arenas would be the only type of venue that can host productions that involve massive ceiling weight and floating production elements. Most stadiums aren't equipped or built for that, not even the ones with retractable roofs.

To design and assemble a stage is one thing, but to design a roof is an entirely different undertaking. Especially for a stage this spacious which is likely to include bridges and whatnot. I'm afraid it would be technically impossible and most certainly not that easy on the eye. 

A custom roof capable of carrying all the weight an arena ceiling typically would can easily exceed production costs of the stage itself. Then there's also a massive increase in set-up and teardown time, local staff demand, endless safety concerns and many many more trucks needed to transport the roof itself, all of which wouldn't be worth the trouble for a stadium show. It would be far too expensive for a one-off show in, say, each European country she plays in. All in all, a touring arena production is a much cheaper solution and gives her and the team a lot more to work with.

That said, doing multiple shows in Latin and South American cities is an entirely different story. She could easily sell out several stadium shows per city. This, however, would involve a roof construction or an altered stage. And that's what makes me doubt whether they will tour that part of the world at all. That is, of course, unless she intends to do 15 arena dates per city to meet demand which I think is pretty unlikely as well.

acolyte

acolyte

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

It really is mad that she's not doing Stadiums. Of all the tours she'd ever done an actual greatest hits tour from the biggest female artist of all time. Her hits would fill the space in the stadium that songs from her last 15 years wouldnt. 

Seems odd. Arenas are a better experience in many ways but one big Wembley Stadium of her hits would be such a nice closing full circle moment for me at least.

Well, she's touring Europe in the autumn and beginning of winter... I suppose stadiums wouldn't really be in an option for that time frame. We also don't know if they were trying to play it safe generally by booking arenas to avoid a stadium leg being a tough sell in the long run. All around the world there's talk of how fast this tour is selling out and how many dates keep getting added. It certainly demonstrates huge demand and relevance which was likely their strategy with those arena dates.

A while ago I also replied to another post saying that it's most likely for production reasons. If this show ends up as spectacular and complex as it's rumoured to be, arenas would be the only type of venue that can host productions that involve massive ceiling weight and floating production elements. Most stadiums aren't equipped or built for that, not even the ones with retractable roofs.

To design and assemble a stage is one thing, but to design a roof is an entirely different undertaking. Especially for a stage this spacious which is likely to include bridges and whatnot. I'm afraid it would be technically impossible and most certainly not that easy on the eye. 

A custom roof capable of carrying all the weight an arena ceiling typically would can easily exceed production costs of the stage itself. Then there's also a massive increase in set-up and teardown time, local staff demand, endless safety concerns and many many more trucks needed to transport the roof itself, all of which wouldn't be worth the trouble for a stadium show. It would be far too expensive for a one-off show in, say, each European country she plays in. All in all, a touring arena production is a much cheaper solution and gives her and the team a lot more to work with.

That said, doing multiple shows in Latin and South American cities is an entirely different story. She could easily sell out several stadium shows per city. This, however, would involve a roof construction or an altered stage. And that's what makes me doubt whether they will tour that part of the world at all. That is, of course, unless she intends to do 15 arena dates per city to meet demand which I think is pretty unlikely as well.

acolyte

acolyte

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Well, she's touring Europe in the autumn and beginning of winter... I suppose stadiums wouldn't really be in an option for that time frame. We also don't know if they were trying to play it safe generally by booking arenas to avoid them being tough sells in the long run.

A while ago I also replied to another post saying that it's most likely for production reasons. If this show ends up as spectacular and complex as it's rumoured to be, arenas would be the only type of venue that can host productions that involve massive ceiling weight and floating production elements. Most stadiums aren't equipped or built for that, not even the ones with retractable roofs.

Important Information

Terms of Use