Edit History

Lorx

Lorx

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

I find it funny that you've been talking pages about movements, slowing down, ass, surgery and no one ever talks about voice. She didn't have vocal folds surgery, yet she sings less and less.

A new formula with less choreo would mean more attention to music, vocals, arrangement and instrumentation - which would be great for me - but she doesn't seem interested in taking this direction. Her voice is getting weak (as proven by a few lines sung partly live in Celebration) and she seems less confident about her voice. This is my first concern. If she focused more on singing she could deliver fantastic shows with less dancing but with her absolutely remarkable stage presence.

Totally agree. 

Her voice has deteriorated quite a bit because she hasn't taken care of it for quite a while, at the Sticky and Sweet Tour she was constantly screaming and shrieking... but with a little attention and study she could easily do good vocal performances, she has proven this several times. Now her technical errors are obvious.

I, too, am a singer, and I know that her biggest vocal problems could be corrected in a short time. I think she does not need surgery and I think she has had phoniatric visits.

But what she does is constantly relying on autotune in live performances or just lip syncing... She doesn't care about her voice. And by the way she doesn't even mime well, she gets the timing wrong, the words wrong and often forgets to sing when hert vocals are there.

Her dancing is a bit clumsy (it's much better here, though) and she loses her breath rapidly, I wish too she would limit it to less movements that are more studied and compatible with her current physical abilities and take more interest in music.

We can't ask her to do more with her movements, because she is human and she is getting old, she has had so many physical problems.
But we can demand that she be a decent singer.

She was never incredibly good, but she was always a decent singer. From the 1990s to the early 2000s (until 2006) she always sang fairly well. 
From 2000 to 2003 she had a magnificent voice. I remember how good her voice was on the American Life Primo Tour, it was obvious she was continuing her vocal training.

Lorx

Lorx

I find it funny that you've been talking pages about movements, slowing down, ass, surgery and no one ever talks about voice. She didn't have vocal folds surgery, yet she sings less and less.

A new formula with less choreo would mean more attention to music, vocals, arrangement and instrumentation - which would be great for me - but she doesn't seem interested in taking this direction. Her voice is getting weak (as proven by a few lines sung partly live in Celebration) and she seems less confident about her voice. This is my first concern. If she focused more on singing she could deliver fantastic shows with less dancing but with her absolutely remarkable stage presence.

Totally agree. 

Her voice has deteriorated quite a bit because she hasn't taken care of it for quite a while, at the Sticky and Sweet Tour she was constantly screaming and shrieking... but with a little attention and study she could easily do good vocal performances, she has proven this several times. Now her technical errors are obvious.

I, too, am a singer, and I know that her biggest vocal problems could be corrected in a short time. I think she does not need surgery and I think she has had phoniatric visits.

But what she does is constantly relying on autotune in live performances or just lip syncing... She doesn't care about her voice. And by the way she doesn't even mime well, she gets the timing wrong, the words wrong and often forgets to sing when hert vocals are there.

Her dancing is a bit clumsy (it's much better here, though) and she loses her breath rapidly, I wish too she would limit it to less movements that are more studied and compatible with her current physical abilities and take more interest in music.

We can't ask her to do more with her movements, because she is human and she is getting old, she has had so many physical problems.

She was never incredibly good, but she was always a decent singer. From the 1990s to the early 2000s (until 2006) she always sang fairly well. 
From 2000 to 2003 she had a magnificent voice. I remember how fit she was on the American Life Primo Tour, it was obvious she was continuing her vocal training.

Lorx

Lorx

Totally agree. 

Important Information

Terms of Use