Edit History

superbu

superbu

7 hours ago, amscity said:

Useless release. Adulterated music, compressed to hell, pointless. The original CD release or the Hi Res version are still superior and will always be.

All this prompted me to finally buy the hi-rez release last night, and it sounds great!  Better dynamic range than the first-press CD, actually. No clipping of the dynamic range at all, not the slightest bit compressed. (And no truncated song openings.) According to Dynamic Range Database, the same is true for her other hi-rez releases.  It seems to be cheaper on 7Digital than the other sites right now. (Only thing I noticed is that the spoken intro to "White Heat" is not quite as bright as it is on the original CD, not that it's particularly bright there. Not sure of the reason for that.)

superbu

superbu

Useless release. Adulterated music, compressed to hell, pointless. The original CD release or the Hi Res version are still superior and will always be.

All this prompted me to finally buy the hi-rez release last night, and it sounds great!  Better dynamic range than the first-press CD, actually. No clipping of the dynamic range at all, not the slightest bit compressed. (And n no truncated song openings.) According to Dynamic Range Database, the same is true for her other hi-rez releases.  It seems to be cheaper on 7Digital than the other sites right now. (Only thing I noticed is that the spoken intro to "White Heat" is not quite as bright as it is on the original CD, not that it's particularly bright there. Not sure of the reason for that.)

superbu

superbu

All this prompted me to finally buy the hi-rez release last night, and it sounds great!  Better dynamic range than the first-press CD, actually. No clipping of the dynamic range at all, not the slightest bit compressed. (And n no truncated song openings.) According to Dynamic Range Database, the same is true for her other hi-rez releases.  It seems to be cheaper on 7Digital than the other sites right now.

superbu

superbu

All this prompted me to finally buy the hi-rez release last night, and it sounds great!  Better dynamic range than the first-press CD, actually. No clipping at all.  According to Dynamic Range Database, the same is true for her other hi-rez releases.

Important Information

Terms of Use