‘Sons of Anarchy’ Star Charlie Hunnam Recalls the ‘Trauma’ Behind Having Dinner With Madonna

Voguerista

Does anyone know more on this dinner? I've never heard of this story before, but, I've always loved  Charlie Hunnam and thought he was hot. lol

The ‘Sons of Anarchy’ star recalls a traumatic dinner with Madonna

Hunnam told Kimmel that when he arrived in California, the first thing he wanted to do was go to the beach. However, he didn’t realize how far away he was and the cab ride ended up costing him a ton of cash.

When he got there, Hunnam says he walked back and forth on the beach for so long that he ended up with a massive sunburn on his face.

“I got a horrible sunburn and ended up having to be sort of bed-ridden for a week,” Hunnam revealed. “I had this terrible blister that occurred all the way across my face. It exploded and I had sort of bloody hamburger meat as a face.”

Hunnam remembers being in bed feeling sorry for himself when he got a random call from Madonna’s manager. He received an invitation to Madonna’s house for dinner which was “very, very surreal.”

He accepted the invitation, but he says the “trauma” of the experience has made his memory of it “very hazy.”

Charlie Hunnam arrived an hour late with an odd gift

Hunnam explained that Madonna’s manager made it clear he couldn’t tell anyone Madonna’s address and his driver had to drop him off outside of the gates. Hunnam remembers not understanding the geography of Los Angeles, and he didn’t know that some streets in LA were “27 miles long.”

When he got to the street of Madonna’s address, he told his cab driver to let him out. What he didn’t realize was that he was so far away that he still had a 45-minute uphill walk ahead of him.

Hunnam noted that he grew up as a polite English boy and he didn’t want to show up empty handed. But he was only 18 and couldn’t legally buy a bottle of wine. Instead, the actor decided to bring a Wonder Woman Pez dispenser as a gift.

When Hunnam finally arrived at Madonna’s house he was an hour late and “sweating profusely” with “bloody hamburger meat as a face” and “holding a Wonder Woman Pez.”

He’s not sure exactly what he was thinking when he chose that gift. But he does remember that when he gave the gift to Madonna she responded with “confusion.” He says she simply said, “Oh, thanks.”