Madonna ❌ Pride 2024

RUADJAI

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

You tell me, you’re the one disputing it

No, you opened the dispute when you placed Madonna as "a white privileged woman" against a black woman and a gay person. And then I could put another list of more opressed people like latin imigrants or an afghanistan woman or an old gay person in an ageist world and the list goes on forever.

Many women can suffer as much as gay men, especially if we talk about many women in the non-Western world.

You have your opinion about privileges and I have mine.

Talking about Pride, I have the right, as a gay man, to think women like Madonna are great allies to the gay community and should join the pride with us. Madonna genuinely fought for the gay and black people rights for years and also the victims of Aids disease and IMO she should be celebrated for giving us a stronger voice.

But when you use an argument that Madonna is an example of white straight privilege in a forum dedicated to her, of course, as a gay fan who was born in the 70's in a homophobic country and was growning up with a person like Madonna fighting for opressed people like I was in my teenage years, of course, I would put my point of view about what I think about it. 

1 hour ago, bstranger said:

No, you opened the dispute when you placed Madonna as "a white privileged woman" against a black woman and a gay person. And then I could put another list of more opressed people like latin imigrants or an afghanistan woman or an old gay person in an ageist world and the list goes on forever.

Many women can suffer as much as gay men, especially if we talk about many women in the non-Western world.

You have your opinion about privileges and I have mine.

Talking about Pride, I have the right, as a gay man, to think women like Madonna are great allies to the gay community and should join the pride with us. Madonna genuinely fought for the gay and black people rights for years and also the victims of Aids disease and IMO she should be celebrated for giving us a stronger voice.

But when you use an argument that Madonna is an example of white straight privilege in a forum dedicated to her, of course, as a gay fan who was born in the 70's in a homophobic country and was growning up with a person like Madonna fighting for opressed people like I was in my teenage years, of course, I would put my point of view about what I think about it. 

I never said Madonna wasn’t an ally or that she shouldn’t join Pride 

5 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Nah. But I would assume it's just a big ass club/festival type thing. 3 stages. Multiple Djs. Lots of dancing. and then a Ballroom Competition with legendary people including M. 

Interesting. Hopefully you can get close to M and ask her questions like Is the biopic officially on and is it her sample in that Garbage song! 🤔

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Against women of colour or gay women, yes they are

The entire point of intersectionality is that things interact with regards to privilege. A homeless white woman is clearly not more privileged than Beyonce.

Anyway, only a Madonna forum could turn her doing something cute for her queer fans into...this!

3 minutes ago, Debord said:

The entire point of intersectionality is that things interact with regards to privilege. A homeless white woman is clearly not more privileged than Beyonce.

Anyway, only a Madonna forum could turn her doing something cute for her queer fans into...this!

That happens when white older gay guys go to Sitges to drink champgne and forget what make us a collective... they also prefer Kylie Minogue. 

Baby, burn this this thread with the Hey You master tape, cuz....

Big Ang Hair Flip GIF

Anyway, I always get diarrhea when they don't just say whether she's performing or not. Like an appearance and being a ball judge with your titties out is great, cute, fine, hooray, etc.

Let's be honest. We want a number, Louise. If we're not getting one, just let me know so I can just look at the beautiful, completely unretouched photos the next day.

Wendy Williams Meme GIF