Edit History

acolyte

acolyte

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

The impressive reputation she would receive for being able to sell out a stadium exclusive tour 40 years into her career at 65 years old. And of course, a much bigger stage production could have been used.

I highly doubt that, to be honest.

The stage layout suggests that much of this tour's production will be hanging from the ceiling. Even stadiums with retractable ceilings can't quite accommodate the load carried by indoor arenas because they aren't built for that unless the stadium stage comes with its own roof which does all the heavy lifting, see Confessions, Sticky & Sweet and MDNA. An exception being the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm which can carry an impressive amount of ceiling weight. 

From an all around economical perspective, stadiums have probably been looked into, but considering that this show is supposed to be the biggest and most technically complex production she's ever done, arenas were most likely the only type of venues who could sufficiently allow for a set-up without compromising alterations from city to city. She wasn't happy at all about needing to alter the stage for Re-Invention in Dublin and also expressed annoyance about the same thing during Madame X in some cities.

That said, I hope that this show lives up to what's being promised, but I have no reason to believe that it won't.

acolyte

acolyte

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

The impressive reputation she would receive for being able to sell out a stadium exclusive tour 40 years into her career at 65 years old. And of course, a much bigger stage production could have been used.

I highly doubt that, to be honest.

The stage layout suggests that much of this tour's production will be hanging from the ceiling. Even stadiums with retractable ceilings can't quite accommodate the load carried by indoor arenas because they aren't built for that unless the stadium stage comes with its own roof which does all the heavy lifting, see Sticky & Sweet and MDNA. An exception being the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm which can carry an impressive amount of ceiling weight. 

From an all around economical perspective, stadiums have probably been looked into, but considering that this show is supposed to be the biggest and most technically complex production she's ever done, arenas were most likely the only type of venues who could sufficiently allow for a set-up without compromising alterations from city to city. She wasn't happy at all about needing to alter the stage for Re-Invention in Dublin and also expressed annoyance about the same thing during Madame X in some cities.

That said, I hope that this show lives up to what's being promised, but I have no reason to believe that it won't.

Important Information

Terms of Use